The never-ending complaints about the October event calendar

Prev1
Lord_Massacus
183 posts Member
edited September 2017
TONS of requests for reworks have gone around. Grievous, Jedi, Separatists, Droids, Nightsisters, Tusken, and so many more. And every time a new one is announced, the threads come. You know the ones. The hate posts about why they shouldn't do this rework and the devs need to listen more, blah, blah, blah. Just because its not the rework you wanted right now doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen at all. There are so many reworks that need to be done, and the devs have to make the hard choice of who they're going to tick off, and which faction to rework. They can't all be done at once.

The thrawn event. Ohhhhh boy the thrawn event. This has to stop. The devs never said Thrawn was in October, they hinted at something that everyone assumed was Thrawn. The devs also never said Thrawn wasnt't in October. Read the disclaimer. All dates are subject to change. Meaning that Thrawn could still be coming and wasn't listed. Calm down. Keep farming phoenix, he'll be back sometime. In the mean time, if he doesn't end up coming back, take advantage of the opportunity to get R2 for CLS!!! You didn't waste your time on phoenix, thrawn will be back eventually. Even if you don't get to use him for the R2 event, he's a phenomenal character that, if you're patient for, will be astounding to use in arena and several other things. So keep farming phoenix. Thrawn will be back. You didn't waste your time, so quit whining about it.

The other one I'm so sick of hearing about is the faction pass for droids. Just because Grievous didn't get a rework doesn't mean the droids didn't!!! One way of reworking a faction is adding new characters! They added R2 and BB8, which work great under an HK-47 lead with B2 Battle Droid and IG-88!

Quit whining about which rework the devs chose to do. Your request will get the attention it needs when the time comes. Plus, the devs never said they weren't doing a Grievous rework this month. As far as I've seen, all the devs have said that we are certain of is that Talia is the daily login character. I'm not saying you're wrong in assuming that it means Nightsisters are getting a rework, but we've assumed plenty of things and been wrong before.

Patience, younglings. You'll get your turn, too.
Ally code: 357613281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/

Replies

• Options
    I’ve seen one positive thread about the Nightsisters, and one negative. Then this one whining about supposedly never-ending complaints.

Weird.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’ve seen one positive thread about the Nightsisters, and one negative. Then this one whining about supposedly never-ending complaints.

Weird.

Yeah, ok, I'm a bit whiny in this one, but the point still stands. The forums should be used for constructive criticism, or suggestions, strategies, etc. But lately its just the pouty people complaining that they missed their first chance for CLS, Thrawn, all sorts of legendary events. And now that those toons are meta, they want them back. Its fine to want something to return, but screaming and pouting like little children does you no help.
  • Options

Weird.

Yeah, ok, I'm a bit whiny in this one, but the point still stands. The forums should be used for constructive criticism, or suggestions, strategies, etc. But lately its just the pouty people complaining that they missed their first chance for CLS, Thrawn, all sorts of legendary events. And now that those toons are meta, they want them back. Its fine to want something to return, but screaming and pouting like little children does you no help.

Latley? Agreed too much bellyaching going on, but been going for almost two years now lol
  • Options
    It also seems like people don't read everything in the dev's posts or comments that have been made already. They just jump down to the comment section and make an uneducated comment.
  • Options

Weird.

Latley? Agreed too much bellyaching going on, but been going for almost two years now lol

True Lol.
    It also seems like people don't read everything in the dev's posts or comments that have been made already. They just jump down to the comment section and make an uneducated comment.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times Yes!!
  • Options
    TONS of requests for reworks have gone around. Grievous, Jedi, Separatists, Droids, Nightsisters, Tusken, and so many more. And every time a new one is announced, the threads come. You know the ones. The hate posts about why they shouldn't do this rework and the devs need to listen more, blah, blah, blah. Just because its not the rework you wanted right now doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen at all. There are so many reworks that need to be done, and the devs have to make the hard choice of who they're going to tick off, and which faction to rework. They can't all be done at once.

The thrawn event. Ohhhhh boy the thrawn event. This has to stop. The devs never said Thrawn was in October, they hinted at something that everyone assumed was Thrawn. The devs also never said Thrawn wasnt't in October. Read the disclaimer. All dates are subject to change. Meaning that Thrawn could still be coming and wasn't listed. Calm down. Keep farming phoenix, he'll be back sometime. In the mean time, if he doesn't end up coming back, take advantage of the opportunity to get R2 for CLS!!! You didn't waste your time on phoenix, thrawn will be back eventually. Even if you don't get to use him for the R2 event, he's a phenomenal character that, if you're patient for, will be astounding to use in arena and several other things. So keep farming phoenix. Thrawn will be back. You didn't waste your time, so quit whining about it.

The other one I'm so sick of hearing about is the faction pass for droids. Just because Grievous didn't get a rework doesn't mean the droids didn't!!! One way of reworking a faction is adding new characters! They added R2 and BB8, which work great under an HK-47 lead with B2 Battle Droid and IG-88!

Quit whining about which rework the devs chose to do. Your request will get the attention it needs when the time comes. Plus, the devs never said they weren't doing a Grievous rework this month. As far as I've seen, all the devs have said that we are certain of is that Talia is the daily login character. I'm not saying you're wrong in assuming that it means Nightsisters are getting a rework, but we've assumed plenty of things and been wrong before.

tumblr_nn22ihA8FN1u6yg2oo1_500.gif

• Options
    As far as I've seen, all the devs have said that we are certain of is that Talia is the daily login character. I'm not saying you're wrong in assuming that it means Nightsisters are getting a rework, but we've assumed plenty of things and been wrong before.
    Yep, exactly. No re-work has been announced. Just like Phasma was the log-in last month and there was no FO re-work.

Weird.

There were a lot more than that....but the mods merge every thread into the "calendar events" thread, like they do with just about every subject.

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    As far as I've seen, all the devs have said that we are certain of is that Talia is the daily login character. I'm not saying you're wrong in assuming that it means Nightsisters are getting a rework, but we've assumed plenty of things and been wrong before.
    Yep, exactly. No re-work has been announced. Just like Phasma was the log-in last month and there was no FO re-work.

Weird.

There were a lot more than that....but the mods merge every thread into the "calendar events" thread, like they do with just about every subject.

Long time ago they announced the rework. So you the wrong one

They may have said they were doing a rework but that doesn't mean that they're doing it this month
  • Options

I want Nightsisters
  • Options
    Ive read these forums since November of 2015.....the people complaining are usually are the ones who..don't have the toons ready that are gonna get reworked.

Me?....my nightsisters have been 7* and almost max geared for close to a year now. Im happy to see them get reworked and needed for a possible future event to unlock a new nightsister toon.

I learned long ago when beating mod challenges that i should probably unlock a full squad for every single faction in this game.

Im glad i did this...i havent missed a single legendary event and i get to enjoy the spoils of my logging in everyday determination for almost 2 years now.

My ingame future is very bright and i have nothing to complain about.

Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Options
    Whining posts about whining posts keep outnumbering the ones they criticize. Congratulations!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It would help if rebels weren't getting so many reworks and faction passes. The community does not ask for them, yet we keep getting them over all the other factions that are sub-par and continually requested. If there was more balance in this game then the community response would be much more positive.

The Thrawn complaints are legitimate. We have already had R2 twice, and then they announce him a third time, but still no Thrawn fora second time.
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I really love the people on here who complain about the complainers..hmm sounds like complaining to me
  • Options
    I predict Thrawn will return on Oct 7th anyway, so it's all good.
  • Options
    You just violated your own rule with the OP...LOL

People are going to complain. That's human nature. Some complaints are warranted, some are not. You don't have to read the complaints. Easy fix.

[/quote]

Yeah, ok, I'm a bit whiny in this one, but the point still stands. The forums should be used for constructive criticism, or suggestions, strategies, etc. But lately its just the pouty people complaining that they missed their first chance for CLS, Thrawn, all sorts of legendary events. And now that those toons are meta, they want them back. Its fine to want something to return, but screaming and pouting like little children does you no help.[/quote]

• Options
    Forums will always have people complaining. That's just the nature of forums.

And now apparently the forums will also have people complaining about people complaining.
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I like shahram's comment he probably learned that in recess today. Complaints are always subjective there is no valid or non valid one lol...they always are right for the persons making them...
  • Options
    Most boards that don’t have a reputation score are the same. A lot of complaints and extreme views.
  • Options
    Only one complaint: the hint the devs made was very poorly thought if it wasn't about Phoenix and Thrawn. I still believe the Thrawn event is coming. Phoenix "rises from the ashes". That is literally the description of a Phoenix, not a nightsister.
  • Options

+ 10 billion
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You just violated your own rule with the OP...LOL

People are going to complain. That's human nature. Some complaints are warranted, some are not. You don't have to read the complaints. Easy fix.

Yeah, ok, I'm a bit whiny in this one, but the point still stands. The forums should be used for constructive criticism, or suggestions, strategies, etc. But lately its just the pouty people complaining that they missed their first chance for CLS, Thrawn, all sorts of legendary events. And now that those toons are meta, they want them back. Its fine to want something to return, but screaming and pouting like little children does you no help.[/quote]

[/quote]

The reason it seems that lately its just whine threads in forum is due to the devs "brilliant" idea to move virtually every thread to some unseen dark corner of the forum. I understand their intent, its just not going to work. General will always be the only stop for 80% of the ppl checking forum... I mean, seriously, who has time to go through all the sub forums to find the 1 mega thread that has the 1 thread your actually looking for & then weeding through the thousands comments looking for those that pertain to the thread you were interested in? Its a joke...
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, but if forums make you sick, just skip certain threads. It's as easy. There are people who dislike complaining about complaining - and so on.
    f3c.gif
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Sheytan wrote: »
    I predict Thrawn will return on Oct 7th anyway, so it's all good.

Strange, this is also what said my astrologer ...
  • Options
    ? Crazy about complaining?
    The devs (EA) earn a shitload of money with this game. They do everything to make people spend money.
    People get mad for spending money on both content relevant toons
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I hope it's a nightsister rework because I really don't need any more things to farm and I probably won't be farming nightsisters any time soon. Now I'll hopefully have time to finish old Ben and Finn and finally get some time to work on mods.
  • Options
    jwoah wrote: »
    I hope it's a nightsister rework because I really don't need any more things to farm and I probably won't be farming nightsisters any time soon. Now I'll hopefully have time to finish old Ben and Finn and finally get some time to work on mods.

I think you’re right, the nighsister rework gives everyone who is behind some time to catch up to the meta (myself included)
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Options
    It's true the devs and the game owners are making boatloads of money on this and all these type of games. I see no reason for them not to listen to us when we express what we would like to see happen in the game, the customer is always right.....
  • Options
    I'd like to complain about the people complaining, about the people complaining, because maybe if they stopped complaining about the people complaining. They would not be complaining themselves!
  • Options
    All I can say, is as a Free-to-play-Gamer, its frustrating to say the least, when lack of info. is as much the company line as no information.

That said, while I want to complain, I can't and there's a pretty good reason why.

I don't pay for the game.

Unless I sank money into this game, I don't really have much of a right to complain.

If you didn't either, then you shouldn't complain.

I understand passion about the game, and it being star wars. And at some point you have to realize, developers follow corporate and corporate dictates everything based on money to be made. They do whats in their bottom line, best interest. When you understand that mandate, you can reduce your stress level immensely and just roll with the punches.

Besides, not every character is great anyway. Yeah Thrawn might be cool and really useful, but not enough to get all worked over. Just keep chugging along. I am. (And its super painful to panic farm Hero and Ezra. I haven't even gotten them to 4 star yet, lol!)
This discussion has been closed.