Droid Faction Pass Idea

STRIKEBOMB
1232 posts Member
edited March 2018
I came up with a few changes to droids (and some new ones) over time so I'm putting them all in the same place. Not every droid will be included in this list. Not included droids are: B2 Super Battle Droid, Chopper, BB-8, R2-D2, and K-2SO. I'll also include why I made these changes in a comment to this post.

Droideka : Dark Side, Droid, Separatist, Tank. Stats - 5,000 Health, 60,000 Protection, 145 speed

Description - Low Health high Protection Droid Tank that hinders enemy Turn Meter gain and protects allies through buffs.

Dual Twin Blaster Cannons (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to attack again, successive attacks cannot be Critical Hits. Each attack has a 45% chance to inflict Stagger for 2 turns. 4,000 - 4,500 damage

Redeployment (Special Ability) - Gain Taunt for 2 turns and dispell all debuffs on itself, then inflict Speed Down on itself for 2 turns. (4 Turn Cooldown)

Deflector Shield Generator (Unique Ability) - At the start of each of its turns recover 20% of its Max Protection. In addition, Droideka is immune to percentage based affects and cannot take Health based damage until its Protection is gone and whenever Droideka uses Dual Twin Blaster Cannons inflict Protection Down (5%) on itself for each attack for 2 turns. Zeta - Increase Protection recovery to 35% and gain Defense Up and Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn at the end of each of its turns.

Colicoid Design (Unique Ability) - At the start of each encounter Droideka deploys its shield gaining Taunt for 2 turns, then grants all Separatist and Droid allies Defense Up and Protection Up (25%) for 3 turns. In addition, if there is at least 1 other Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally, Taunt cannot be prevented or removed. Zeta - Droideka gains 65% Counter Chance while taunting and Defense Up and Protection Up cannot be removed.

General Grievous : Dark Side, Droid, Separatist, Attacker

Relentless Assault (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to attack a second time, 50% chance to attack a third time, and a 25% chance to attack a fourth time. Attacks after the first cannot be Critical Hits. This attack cannot be Evaded or Countered.

Grievous Wounds (Special Ability) - Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict Healing Immunity and Stagger for 2 turns. These effects cannot be resisted. For each Critical Hit scored he has a 50% chance to call a Droid ally to Assist. (4 Turn Cooldown)

Sinister Laugh (Special Ability) - Remove 35% Turn Meter from all enemies and inflict Daze and Offense Down for 2 turns and General Grievous gains 100% Turn Meter. Zeta - In addition, Remove all Buffs from all enemies, inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on all enemies which can't be resisted, and remove all Debuffs from all Dark Side Droid Allies (4 Turn Cooldown)

Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies (Leader Ability) - All Droid and Separatist allies gain 30% Offense and 25% Critical Damage. Whenever a Droid ally scores a Critical Hit all Droid allies gain 15% Turn Meter. This effect cannot happen more than once per turn. In addition, all Droid allies are guaranteed to deal Critical Hits (ignores Critical Hit Immunity and Critical Avoidance) Zeta - Whenever a Separatist or Droid ally uses a Special Ability that is an attack all Droid allies gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns Recover 10% Max Health and Protection, and gain Health Steal up for 2 turns.

You Are Doomed (Unique Ability) - General Grievous gains 10% Max Health and Max Protection for each Droid ally and other Droid allies also gain this affect. Whenever General Grievous attacks a Clone or Jedi enemy he inflicts Expose for 2 turns and removes 40% Turn Meter. Zeta - General Grievous also gains 80% Counter Chance, these attacks cannot be Critical Hits and deal 30% less damage.

IG-100 Magnaguard : Dark Side, Droid, Separatist, Tank

Electrostaff Assault (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Stagger for 2 turns.

Disruption (Special Ability) - Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter. Also inflict Speed Down for 2 turns on all enemies and Daze the primary target for 2 turns. (3 Turn Cooldown)

Bodyguard (Unique Ability) - IG-100 has 100% counter chance against jedi and 65% Counter Chance against all other characters. In addition, whenever General Grievous is damaged IG-100 gains Speed Up, Offense Up and Taunt for 2 turns and Counter Attacks the enemy.

HK-47 : Dark Side, Droid, Attacker, Assassin Droid

Assassin Droid (New Tag) - A subset of the Droid Tag that allows for even more synergy.

Superior Firepower (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain Offense Up for 3 turns. If he already has Offense Up refresh the duration and gain also Critical Damage Up for 3 turns.

Meatbag Mayhem (Special Ability) - Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 50% each of inflicting Ability Block, Speed Down, Offense Down, Tenacity Down, Healing Immunity, Health Down, Defense Down, Damage Over Time, Critical Chance Down, and Critical Damage Down for 2 turns. (3 Turn Cooldown)

Target Locked - Death Imminent (Special Ability) - Deal physical target to target enemy, inflict them with Target Lock for 2 turns and remove 100% Turn Meter. If the target already had Target Lock, Stun them for 2 turns and refresh the duration of Target Lock. Zeta While HK-47 is active, enemies with Target Lock cannot gain bonus Turn Meter or attacks. Additionally, Target Lock cannot be resisted from any source. (4 Turn Cooldown)

Assassin Protocol (Leader Ability) - Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter whenever they deal a Critical Hit. Zeta - In addition, whenever a Droid ally attacks an enemy with Target Lock they bonus deal damage equal to 5% of the enemy's Max Health and and recover Protection equal to double that amount.

Reconstruction (Unique Ability) - The first time HK-47 is defeated he Revives at 50% health and 100% Turn Meter. Zeta - Other Droid allies also gain this effect.

IG-88 : Dark Side, Droid, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter, Attacker, Assassin Droid

Assassin Droid (New Tag) - A subset of the Droid Tag that allows for even more synergy.

Mortal Wound (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. If the target was already debuffed remove 10% Turn Meter and inflict Target Lock for 2 turns.

Rapid Fire (Special Ability)- Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 75% chance to inflict Ability Block and Defense Down for 2 turns. Enemies that were already debuffed are also inflicted with Health Down for 2 turns.

Resourceful Pursuer (Leader Ability) - All allies gain 45% Critical Chance and inflict a Damage Over Time whenever they score a Critical Hit. In addition, Droid and Bounty Hunter allies gain 25% Offense and Critical Damage against Rebel, Empire, Separatist, Republic, First Order, and Resistance enemies.

Adaptive Aim Algorithm (Unique Ability) - IG-88 has +45% Critical Damage and deals 20% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. Zeta - Also deal 10% more damage for each debuff on the target enemy and other Droid allies gain half this effect.

IG-86 Sentinel Droid : Dark Side, Droid, Attacker, Assassin Droid

Precision Strike (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy with an additional 50% chance of a Critical Hit. If the target is above 50% Turn Meter also inflict Daze for 2 turns.

Assassin Droid Tactics (Special Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy and call a random Droid ally to assist. All attackers have an additional 75% Critical Damage. Zeta - In addition, call all other Assassin Droid allies to assist.

Droid Squad Tactics (Unique Ability) - IG-86 gains 5% Critical Chance and Critical Damage for each other Droid Ally. In addition, he gains 5% Health Steal and Speed for each other Assassin Droid ally.
Post edited by STRIKEBOMB on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    HK- there already exsists target lock, not only in ships but in TB with the probes. As well as this buff seems like some weird combo of deathnark and fracture. His leader while I enjoy (not the new tag though) is it doesn't solver their problem of getting walked by Ken or Zarriss, perhaps either a way to ignore crit immunity (chance or guarantee) or give crit damage to help just overpower it.
    88- having scoundrels and bounty hunter in the tag is just redundant as all hunters are scoundrels. Perhaps droids and hunters. As well as I can maybe get rebel and republic, but why separatist, Order, resistance, and empire?
    86- still a pointless tag, perhaps something like "with a 30% chance each to call all other droids to assist"
  • Options
    General Grievous and IG-100 changes are self evident, they are just terrible. Mostly Grievous but they needed to have synergy. HK-47 was one of the best and oldest assassin droids ever so he needed something that makes him feel like an assassin droid. Superior Firepower now feels "superior", Meatbag Mayhem now has more "mayhem", and his Assassin Protocol now benefits the new Assassin Droid Tag as well by dealing extra damage and healing for double that amount. Reconstruction also got a buff because it was terrible and he died in 1 hit after he revived and he almost never got a turn after that. And finally for HK he got something that makes him feared as an Assassin Droid. It's basically a combination of fracture and deathmark, but much weaker than either of the 2 and is applied for longer the more times you damage that enemy. IG-88 received slight buffs to his outdated basic attack and AOE attack, and a buff to his leader ability to make it usable with scoundrels and bounty hunters. Finally for his Adaptive Aim Algorithm it got a major boost and gives half the effect to ally droids. IG-86 got a slight boost to his basic attack and massively increased his Assassin Droid Tactics by allowing it to call all Assassin Droid allies to assist as well. His Droid Squad Tactics also got a moderate boost by giving him stats for each Droid and Assassin Droid ally.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    HK- there already exsists target lock, not only in ships but in TB with the probes. As well as this buff seems like some weird combo of deathnark and fracture.His leader while I enjoy (not the new tag though) is it doesn't solver their problem of getting walked by Ken or Zarriss, perhaps either a way to ignore crit immunity (chance or guarantee) or give crit damage to help just overpower it.

It's a reference to SWTOR where your companion (one of the HK series droids) can assassinate a weak enemy instantly and he says "Target locked, death imminent". The point of it was to give him something unique that has a devastating effect, like Nihilus' Annihilate and Thrawn's Fracture, but also making it so that he is not a "must have" in arena. I thought about calling it "Target Marked" or something like that instead but now that you said it the name is too similar, (I forgot about Target Lock in ships) although it does have "-ed" at the end of it, I'll change it. The leader ability change would make it so that, regardless of a crit, they will do bonus damage equal to 10% of the enemy's max health (which I don't think triggers effects like Zarriss' unique) and then heal for double that amount so they would have a lot more survivability. The new tag I added because there are 3 assassin droids in the game and I wanted to make special synergy for them .
    88- having scoundrels and bounty hunter in the tag is just redundant as all hunters are scoundrels. Perhaps droids and hunters. As well as I can maybe get rebel and republic, but why separatist, Order, resistance, and empire?

Wasn't thinking about the redundant tags when I made it since I just copied all the current tags from 88. His leader ability gives bonuses against the 6 main factions because I thought it was a good way to simulate that bounty hunters are so called "mercenaries for hire" and their most common targets would be from one of the 6 main factions in the game.
    86- still a pointless tag, perhaps something like "with a 30% chance each to call all other droids to assist"

I like the new tag though :) It's like how Pheonix is a subset of the Rebel tag with the only difference being the number of characters in it.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    It's a reference to SWTOR where your companion (one of the HK series droids) can assassinate a weak enemy instantly and he says "Target locked, death imminent". The point of it was to give him something unique that has a devastating effect, like Nihilus' Annihilate and Thrawn's Fracture...The leader ability change would make it so that, regardless of a crit, they will do bonus damage equal to 10% of the enemy's max health and then heal for double that amount so they would have a lot more survivability.
    Than perhaps something like: when an enemy falls below 100% health, they have -50% defense and become exposed, and when they fall below 50% health, they lose an additional 50% defense and taunt
    leader ability gives bonuses against the 6 main factions because I thought it was a good way to simulate that bounty hunters are so called "mercenaries for hire" and their most common targets would be from one of the 6 main factions in the game.
    At that rate why not just have it effect everyone? Makes more sense and is better for the character part
    I like the new tag though :) It's like how Pheonix is a subset of the Rebel tag with the only difference being the number of characters in it.
    Difference is Phoenix was their own thing, who later joined the larger alliance. Or how bounty hunters are scoundrels but specifically mercanies. Or how Jedi are their own thing, but also a part of the republic. Assassin droids would not only be so small they'd be insignificant, but would make little sense
  • Options
    These ideas are great!
  • Options
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    These ideas are great!

• Options
    Came from my post, really like most of these changes and the addition of Droideka :D

however I'm confused about what a Shield Charge does? Does it give bonus protection or something? I don't see any benefit to having the buff?

Also I think your HK47 unique Zeta is quite OP, I can see it maybe at "other droids gain this ability but at half the amount"

And just food for thought, I'd really like to see a cleanser and healer for the droids and separatists that isn't a legendary character. Maybe like a B1 Droid Engineer or something that can heal (repair) other droids. Well we need a B1 droid of some sort I think which would be nice :)

Nice work though I like it :D
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Jammax wrote: »
    Came from my post, really like most of these changes and the addition of Droideka :D

however I'm confused about what a Shield Charge does? Does it give bonus protection or something? I don't see any benefit to having the buff?

Also I think your HK47 unique Zeta is quite OP, I can see it maybe at "other droids gain this ability but at half the amount"

And just food for thought, I'd really like to see a cleanser and healer for the droids and separatists that isn't a legendary character. Maybe like a B1 Droid Engineer or something that can heal (repair) other droids. Well we need a B1 droid of some sort I think which would be nice :)

Nice work though I like it :D

Shield Charges just give Droideka a taunt. I wanted to make a droid with pretaunt, but with JE, and now BB-8, your droids will all go before the enemy so a 1 turn pretaunt would be useless. With a 2 turn pretaunt, it would fix the problem that is caused by JE and BB-8, but if you put Droideka on a non-droid team then he would have a 2 turn pretaunt which would be too OP. So my solution was the new buff, Shield Charges. Think of this like K-2SO's taunt where it is dispelled after he takes damage, but Droideka can gain several stacks at a time, in this case he get 5 at the start and 5 when he uses Redeployment. These can't be dispelled and multi attacks (such as Han with his basic attack) only remove 1 charge since only 1 can be removed per turn. After droideka loses all shield charges (by taking damage from 5 different characters in separate turns) he no longer has taunt, but he regains taunt by using Redeployment and regaining 5 shield charges. I have it set to 5 shield charges because it really acts like a 1 turn taunt, meaning that all 5 enemies only need to attack him once each for Droideka to lose the taunt.

I'll change it so that other droids gain 50% TM. If they gain only 25% health they'll all just die in 1 shot anyway cause they're weak in health, for the most part.

I made a Super Tactical Droid idea in my Separatist Faction Pass, but he's more of a Turn Meter-granting support. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129436/separatist-faction-pass-idea#latest
    Post edited by STRIKEBOMB on
  • Options
    These are really good ideas, especially droideka. Droids shouldnt need chief nebit to have any form of survivability. I really like the grievous rework idea, but have you considered a magnaguard captain? It would be similar to your magnaguard works but it should assist whenever grievous is damaged and then gain taunt. Also, maybe switch daze and speed down on magnaguard special as widespread daze seems better then 1 daze and 5 speed downs
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. I've never considered adding a captain but I may in the future. As for the daze on primary and speed down on everyone else, I have it like that since I already gave grievous an AOE daze. And adding another would be overkill.
  • Options
    Awesome stuff!
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Awesome stuff!

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    I need to update this to incorporate target lock instead of the unique debuff I had.

Note: I made this before Target Lock was a debuff that can be inflicted by ground units (prior to the probe droid it was only through ship battles)
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    UPDATE: Removed Target Marked debuff and replaced it with Target Lock (see above comment for why I did this.

Removed: Target Marked (New Debuff) - Enemies inflicted with this debuff can't gain Health, Protection, buffs, bonus Turn Meter or bonus Attacks and take damage equal to 15% of their Max Health each time they are damaged by a Droid. In addition, whenever a Droid ally damages an enemy with Target Locked increase the duration by 1.

And Replaced It With: Target Locked - Death Imminent (Special Ability) - Deal physical target to target enemy, inflict them with Target Lock for 2 turns and remove 100% Turn Meter. If the target already had Target Lock, Stun them for 2 turns and refresh the duration of Target Lock. Zeta While HK-47 is active, enemies with Target Lock cannot gain bonus Turn Meter or attacks. Additionally, Target Lock cannot be resisted from any source. (4 Turn Cooldown).
    Also changed IG-88's basic to inflict Target Lock if target is already debuffed and reduced HK's zeta to 5% (was 10%). And added 15k protection to Droideka to gear 12 level.
  • Options
    Droideka Update: Removed Shield Charges (Unique buff) and replaced it with 2 turn Taunt that cannot be removed or prevented if there is at least 1 other Separatist or DARK SIDE Droid ally (I don't want this to be an auto include in every team with R2).
  • Options
    Love this rework. Nice!
  • Options
    Update: Reduced his damage penalty on his basic attack from 65% to 50%.

Added "For each Critical Hit scored he has a 50% chance to call a Droid ally to Assist" to Grievous Wounds.

Increased TM Removal on Sinister Laugh from 15% to 35% and also added "Remove all Buffs from all enemies and remove all Debuffs from all Dark Side Droid Allies" and increased the cooldown from 4 turns to 5 turns to accommodate this buff.

And finally, changed his zeta lead ability to grant Critical Damage Up to all Droid allies instead of Offense Up.
  • Options
    @STRIKEBOMB I like it, but HK should do double damage if the target is locked at 50% health. Gives the more death Imminent feeling.