Put Mk 12 Armatek Multi-tool on R2 or CLS?

I'm debating between whether to put that piece on R2 or CLS. Although R2 can distribute 10% of the stats to the team, I think adding that piece to him is barely even noticeable and I believe R2 is already tanky enough whereas CLS, he is not as tanky and I think he requires that piece more than R2, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The only piece that has any marginally visible effect to end game is the bayonet.

Everything else is just regular gear that does little effect.

Basically, it doesn't matter. Not only does it not matter you'll get G12 gear pretty easily as time goes on.

(Has 4 pieces of G12)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    The only piece that has any marginally visible effect to end game is the bayonet.

Basically, it doesn't matter. Not only does it not matter you'll get G12 gear pretty easily as time goes on.

(Has 4 pieces of G12)

What? Have you seen what that multi-tool does? 10% and 5% health steal, tac, int, str, health and some others I can't remember right now. It's the most useful piece you can have at gear 12, right before the medpack.

To the OP, I was on the same boat as you, and I decided to put it on CLS, specially for it's potency and health steal (I believe it grants tenacity too, which is awesome if you have his second unique zetaed). Still, I'm currently farming another one for R2 as it will be awesome too.
  • Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »

(Has 4 pieces of G12)

What? Have you seen what that multi-tool does? 10% and 5% health steal, tac, int, str, health and some others I can't remember right now. It's the most useful piece you can have at gear 12, right before the medpack.

To the OP, I was on the same boat as you, and I decided to put it on CLS, specially for it's potency and health steal (I believe it grants tenacity too, which is awesome if you have his second unique zetaed). Still, I'm currently farming another one for R2 as it will be awesome too.

Thanks, seems like I have found my answer.
  • Options
    No idea why this would be moved to feedback, maybe there should be a section for advice. Anyway, I recently put that piece on CLS and have screenshots of the before and after. This is the only G12 piece on him, your mods will be different of course but you should get a good idea of how the stats will change. Potency, Tenacity and Health Steal are noticeable. The other attributes are very minor improvements.

RE: making CLS more tanky, it increased his health by 1K, armor by ~0.7% and resistance by ~0.5%. The tenacity and health steal will help survivability in raids but not enough for me to notice in arena.

The best stat this will improve for Number Crunch on R2 is going to be potency but that's only 10% of 10%. So a 1% increase won't make much difference. I would choose based on the toon you want to boost more, don't count on stats from Number Crunch being increased for the rest of the team.

I don't agree with Bennehftw that it doesn't matter. It's just not as big of an improvement as it seems when you look at the real numbers.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344541712666066945/364133826114486272/CLS-G12-Multitool-Stat-Increase.png

CLS-G12-Multitool-Stat-Increase.png
  • Options
    End game, that's my spin.

It has zero effect on end game. Your before CL and after won't have any scenario where you'll notice the difference.

The bayonet is really the only one that has a noticeable difference. But even then it's mitigated pretty easily.

As someone who has used G12 gear for a long time now, there really isn't any difference.