What are your best speed secondaries on your mods?

jwoah
210 posts Member
edited October 2017
I'm just trying to analyze some results so just three questions; the one in the title of course, how long have you been actively playing the game (completing all dailies and getting 600 tickets at least 6 days a week), and how often, best guess, were you farming mods?

If you want to know mine, I think I have one +13, a couple +12's and maybe another 20 mods that are +10 or +11. I've only been actively playing for probably 9 months, maybe 10, no great mod farming schedule, doing it when I had the chance or during double drops.

Thanks for your help.
Post edited by jwoah on

Replies

• Options
    I have been playing since dec. 2016. I do my 600 every day. I do between 1 and 2 cantina energy refreshes per day. I spend round about 1 week per month in mod farming.

I have one +20, three +15, three +14 and five +13. After that it falls of pretty quickly from 12 to 8.
    If you could only imagine the power of the dark side!
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm wow, you been playing only a month or so longer than me but have 7 mods better than mine. How often have you been following that schedule of 3 weeks character farming, 1 week mod farming?

It might be RNG but if you have been doing at fairly strictly I can see why they are better as that is not something I have been doing.

@WishmasterGK

+20 though I'm jealous haha. Do you remember if it was from a purple or gold one?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been playing since June of 2016. I finally got a +20 this year.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Nov 16.

2 17
    1 16
    5 15
    2 14
    4 13
  • Options
    I tried to do this every month, but I wasn´t able to do this the last two months, because there was soo much to do in the cantina. Preparing for Thrawn and CLS and getting Captain Han up to 5* made it impossible farming mods in addition to that.

I remember exactly how I got my 20 speed mod. ^^ It was a purple one with 5 speed and I got three times +5 speed during leveling it up and since I did this step by step I got very excited after hitting tempo twice already before I did the last push to level 9 ^^
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’ve been playing since June of 2016. I finally got a +20 this year.

Congrats @dad2my3

Can I ask how many you have in the +13 to the +19 range?

Also thank you @Huatimus for the info.

• jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's awesome @WishmasterGK. I imagine you were already super pumped about another +15 but that extra hit would've made me set my phone down in excitement haha.

I usually just max a mod when I see one with a speed secondary so I can get my bad luck over with haha, but you're method comes with a hell of a lot more excitement (I guess possibly disappointment too though :neutral: haha).
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    +19: zero
    +18: zero
    +17: one
    +16: zero
    +15: five
    +14: two
    +13: two

That’s from playing every single day since mods were introduced.
  • Options
    I only max out minimum blue ones with speed secondary. And yes, it is very exciting and sometimes very disappointing. I recently bought a purple one out of the store with 5 speed. I bumped it to 9 and did not hit speed a single time.

I spent 4 million credits to get 5 speed, which was not really a good outcome ^^
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve spent tens of millions on mods from the store with +5 speed secondaries. About nine times out of ten, they are still at +5 afer a full upgrade. If there is a defense secondary, it goes to defense instead.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I guess I should actually add another question since wishmasters data has good reference on how often he is farming mods, so I'm gonna be adding that to the OP and, I know I'm asking a lot, but can you guys let me know how often you were farming them? best guess.

@dad2my3 @Huatimus

Thanks in advance.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yep that's happened to me before, I always try to keep 3-4 mil extra for buying mods but what a letdown spending 2.5mil+ on a +4 speed secondary that doesn't improve at all haha.

Getting a bunch of procs on defense though it's just a slap to the face, at least boost a useful stat like literally anything else haha.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Used to do 2 cantina refreshes daily, until price of 3rd refresh dropped to 100, then did 3 cantina refreshes daily.
    Have been getting pretty poor results and since I already have decent enough mods to compete in my leaderboard, decided to stop farming mods for now. Need the credits to level up entire roster for TB anyway and not much to spare on gambling for speed secondaries on mods anymore.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was spending all of my cantina energy on it for months. Got a few mods to show for it, but not much. Also spent thousands of crystals on refreshing the store and millions and millions on mods and upgrading. Doing that got me about one useful speed secondary a month.

Just for fun, I just spent about 500 crystals refreshing the mod store looking for speed secondaries on mods that could be purchased with credits. Best I ever saw was one speed +3 on a tenacity primary. Useless.

I’ve given up and I’m putting my credits into building my TB roster.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I imagine TB changed most everyones farming order since every single toon now has some use, and certain toons are significantly more useful than before; Lobot, Phoenix, (definitely not insignificant, but there are better toons if you don't care a whole lot for thrawn) the new ewoks which I previously had no intent on farming soon, and all the ships now, even the unfarmable ones. Now guilds have to coordinate which members will be farming which toons to maximize platoon deployment, and in turn, making TB as a whole easier since platoon boosts are so significant.
  • Options
    Jan 2016

2 13
    1 12
    2 10
    1 9
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Jan 2016

2 13
    1 12
    2 10
    1 9

How often do you think you farm them?

• Options
    The max secondaries values saved as picture, easier to check when you need.
    max-2Bsecondaries.png
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kylekatarn24/mods/?stat2_5=1

Only 5 double digit mods, playing since Apr 2016.

445 Mods farmed
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks @maullittleson for that info, it's pretty interesting. I thought my 5% crit chance on a mod was pretty decent but maybe not since it can be up to double that.

Thanks @Dryff
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

There is a spreadsheet out there that has the ti.eine you would need to farm to get speed secondaries of all lvls. Sorry I could find the link.
  • Options
    jwoah wrote: »
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Jan 2016

2 13
    1 12
    2 10
    1 9

How often do you think you farm them?

Hard to say maybe I'm not the most consistent with my methods, sometimes I'll farm abunch at once and other times just a few or none for a while, but I have farmed 628 according to ly achievement page.

Wow... The secondaries on that chart are like primaries!