Potency/ Tenacity

Hello!
Palpatine's The power of the dark side ability has a 70% chance to stun the target. If I increase his potency lets say by an another 70% then it is a total of 140% ?
Palpatine overall chance 140% - the target tenacity lets say 50%. So in this case I have 90% chance to stun them ?
Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    The 70% is a flat chance of the stun happening, potency is calculated against the enemy’s tenacity. So if you have 100% potency, and the enemy has 50% tenacity, you have a 70% chance to stun, and a 50% chance that the stun will be resisted. This effectively leaves you with a 35% chance to stun.
  • Options
    Ur mixing potency and chance to stun.

I believe it goes like this. 1st you get a 70%chance to stun, then if that rolled in your favor then there is a potency/tenacity check to see if your potency will break through their tenacity. Something to that effect. so no you dont have 140% of anything.

But Im sure someone will come behind me and clean up my explanation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

There are 3 checks that each attack goes through:
    - does it hit?
    - does it proc - this is where that % listed under the ability comes in.
    - potency/tenacity check. Tenacity - potency = chance to resist (all toons have a minimum 15% chance to resist)

In short, you are not correct, those 2 values are not related to each other. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Yes it did. Thank you.
  • Options
    Blixion wrote: »
    The 70% is a flat chance of the stun happening, potency is calculated against the enemy’s tenacity. So if you have 100% potency, and the enemy has 50% tenacity, you have a 70% chance to stun, and a 50% chance that the stun will be resisted. This effectively leaves you with a 35% chance to stun.

You have it backwards, it's Tenacity - Potency = Chance to resist (Min 15%).
    Thus... Tenacity is pointless to have on any character.