Bug with Bodhi Rook?

Hello,

My problem comes from the special talent of Bodhi Rook "intercept communications" description (in french for me), that tells that this talent couldn't be "dodged". However, it happened for me at least once, and very often it's resisted by ennemies.

I don't understand why it's possible for a talent to be at the same time a physical "attack" and a special "attack" and what the point to make it undodgeable but possible to resist...

And I wrote "attack" because I don't understand neither why it is considered as an attack (it doesn't trigger the ackbar's chief capacity, for instance) and debuffing talents aren't, if I remember right.

Is this a bug? If not, I'm sorry for the post but I couldn't find an answer in the forum, except for the attack consideration, but i couldn't say nothing about it, because from a good but not so good character it becomes a not interesting character..

I thank you for your answer and I wish you a good day.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anything that inflicts a negative effect is considered an attack these days.

Poe's taunt ability can be dodged by foresight, and no debuffs will land. My guess is that for Bodhi, it can't be dodged, so it CAN go through foresight--but it still has to pass potency vs. tenacity first.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Can't be evaded does not equal can't be resisted.

A special or basic attack can deal special damage or physical damage depending on the character.
    Type of attack has nothing to do with the type of damage it deals. I can really think of no reason why the powers that be came up with 2 types of damage with no reason as to when one or the other is assigned to am attack.
  • Options
    But that's the problem: this isn't a double attack (like indeed some attacks who combine physical damages and special damages), it's a single one which have only one attack effect : to low the tour meter. And I'm not talking about 50% but only 10% (and a + 10% for allies).

Usually the game makes clear differences between physical and special damages. A great agility will make you easily dodge physical attacks and a great tenacity will make you resist to bad effects. Maybe I didn't get it clearly, I will read again the character stats.

Moreover, the character isn't great for attack, resistance... so I thought it was a bug, because his unique strength is this talent!
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Searching wrote: »
    But that's the problem: this isn't a double attack (like indeed some attacks who combine physical damages and special damages), it's a single one which have only one attack effect : to low the tour meter. And I'm not talking about 50% but only 10% (and a + 10% for allies).

Usually the game makes clear differences between physical and special damages. A great agility will make you easily dodge physical attacks and a great tenacity will make you resist to bad effects. Maybe I didn't get it clearly, I will read again the character stats.

Moreover, the character isn't great for attack, resistance... so I thought it was a bug, because his unique strength is this talent!

If an ability does no damage but does debuff in some way like evasion down or TMR than it seems the powers that be put these into the Special Offense/Defense category and you will see "Deflected" on evade.

Now Bodhi Intercept communications only affects the opponents with TMR which can't be evaded you should never see "Deflected" pop up however TMR has to go thru potency vs tenacity (the ability does not say it can't be resisted) so you could see "Resisted" pop up.

Short and simple
    If you are seeing "Deflected" from Bodhi Intercept communication it is a bug.
    If you are seeing "Resisted" from Bodhi Intercept communication it is not a bug.