Why do Combat Missions have to lockout?

Prev1
Why is it, in Territory Battles, you only get one try, no if's and' or but's, per Combat Mission, while just about any other mode of play in this game, lets you back out, or close out the app, at no penalty. Raid going bad, missed that important opening hit? Keep shutting down and loading up until you do. AI hate out somebody on your GW team? Not today, Satan.

So why is it, in Territory Battles, if I either make a bonehead mistake, like deploying Pheonix with Hera NOT as lead, or my game crashes, or my phone dies, or I'm just not liking my go of things, and want a Mulligan, am I out of luck, and have now also hurt my guild on top of that? If anything, I'd have thought this mode would have been the most sensible one to be forgiving on in the first place!

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but does anyone know if the dev's are even thinking of changing this? Or do I need to constantly feel on edge of losing cell service in the middle of a fight?

Replies

• Options
    100% agree. People complaining all the time ablution their phone dying or the game crashing in the middle of a combat mission and losing because of it. No reason to be this way.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I agree also, it’s not just happening to 1 person per phase, it’s lots of people, that’s a lot of combats that are missed, a lot of territory points.
  • Options
    You know, this hasn't been discussed enough to my knowledge. I totally agree with you, even though I'm guilty of being one of those people who just accepted it as "The Way Things Are" without much thought.

Yeah, absolutely, we should be able to take a mulligan on these. Though I suppose their logic might have been in the beginning "No scoping out the opposition and backing out at the last second if you're about to lose!", but eventually we're all going to get to the point where we know EXACTLY what to expect and there are probably already guides floating around out there that document the strength of each wave and what to expect... So why not cut out some more of the early on growing pains and streamline this game mode a little more?

Not to mention all the people who are having difficulties when it comes to technical issues. It's not fair to punish people for that, especially when there are probably numerous bugs at present.
  • Options
    100% agree, and there all ALWAYS some game crushes when TB is on!
  • Options
    I think it makes it more exciting that you only get a single chance. Have to plan carefully and think strategically throughout the battles, instead of simply doing them again and again until you get some good RNG. Makes it less repetitive and less time-consuming.

Anyway, I sympathise with anyone crashing. I can understand why that would make people upset with this game mode.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Loggit wrote: »
    AI hate out somebody on your GW team? Not today, Satan.
    :D Funniest thing I've heard today.

p.s. I agree with your point.
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    I think it makes it more exciting that you only get a single chance. Have to plan carefully and think strategically throughout the battles, instead of simply doing them again and again until you get some good RNG. Makes it less repetitive and less time-consuming.

Anyway, I sympathise with anyone crashing. I can understand why that would make people upset with this game mode.

Totally agree
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    I think it’s good how it is. You only have one shot. Don’t miss your chance to blow...

I would much rather spend an extra couple minutes designing a team and battling it once rather than retreating over and over again until it’s perfect. More game modes should be like this. Being able to retreat makes the game easier. It takes what skill that is left in the game out. Give it your best shot and if you lose you lose. Take what you learnt and apply it in the next tb or don’t.

Players who actually plan out their teams and understand the mechanics of the fight should get an upper hand. The first couple of waves of every combat mission are all pretty easy so you should be able to load up tm for the harder waves so it’s not as rng dependent.

As far as game crashes and losing service goes, it’s really no excuse. There’s 24h to get the mission done so make sure you have service when you start. For game crashes, try closing all your other apps and restarting the game before you go into combat missions, or simply get a better device.

You all are just asking for them to make TBs easier. They made it this way for a reason. They want it to be challenging to obtain 45 stars. For once they released new content that isn’t beaten on the first go let alone after 4 of them.
  • Options
    agreed its horrible for people like me that have terrible tablets that crash a lot.
  • Options
    Because people can't use alternate methods to win when it's server side, unlike raids and things like, oh, tournaments.

I don't see any issue with a 1 try approach but there's no reason why they couldn't implement a reconnect if your game crashes or you lose your connection. It's generally easy to implement, they had to have some reason to specifically not support it.
  • Options
    Terrifying to see how many people are used to always having someone holding their hand, spoon-feeding them, and wiping their butt, even as an adult. Grow up, learn to play, and stop moaning. <3
  • Options
    I think its likely because unlike pretty much anything else in the game TB combat missions award points for partial completion so a crash isnt a total write off.
  • Options
    kodias wrote: »
    I think it’s good how it is. You only have one shot. Don’t miss your chance to blow...
    This opportunity comes once in a TB
  • Options
    I like the one chance only mode. Its SWGOH on hardcore. I dread the Elite RNG on the 5th or 6th wave. Its the only challenging mechanic left on this mobile game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    100% disagree.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Why not a balance of both worlds? While i do appreciate the difficulty of there being no refreshes, making a simple mistake with sending in the wrong leader and most of all game crashes is not a good reason to lose out on score. So to keep the difficulty and account for crashes why not add 1-2 reset attempts. This would give people who crash a chance who experience techniqual issues, but wouldent harm the difficulty too much.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree, good to filter out the noobs. People with bad tablets should buy a new tablet.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I used to not care but the IOS11 update which forces the game to restart every time you step out of it will make this an issue for me.
  • Options
    Terrifying to see how many people are used to always having someone holding their hand, spoon-feeding them, and wiping their butt, even as an adult. Grow up, learn to play, and stop moaning. <3

Lol, the way you worded that was perfect
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I would disagree normally but this game and mode has problems designed into it. We lost a star last one cause of disconnects happening to too many guildmates and just yesterday lost out on a PS mission from a member with a good 7* squad that had their phone crashed. He ended with 0/3.

Also need to add the level of Rng for elites. Freaking dumb that one person gets two elites in phase 6 and another gets 6 elites to fight.

Does anyone enjoy going into phase 6 with full protection toons and with airstrike ready to deploy just to watch enemies go nuts and kill your whole team after you attack once?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Why not a balance of both worlds? While i do appreciate the difficulty of there being no refreshes, making a simple mistake with sending in the wrong leader and most of all game crashes is not a good reason to lose out on score. So to keep the difficulty and account for crashes why not add 1-2 reset attempts. This would give people who crash a chance who experience techniqual issues, but wouldent harm the difficulty too much.

sending in the wrong leader isn't a good reason to lose out on score? you gotta be kidding me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I would disagree normally but this game and mode has problems designed into it. We lost a star last one cause of disconnects happening to too many guildmates and just yesterday lost out on a PS mission from a member with a good 7* squad that had their phone crashed. He ended with 0/3.

Also need to add the level of Rng for elites. Freaking dumb that one person gets two elites in phase 6 and another gets 6 elites to fight.

Does anyone enjoy going into phase 6 with full protection toons and with airstrike ready to deploy just to watch enemies go nuts and kill your whole team after you attack once?

i believe they fixed the disconnects problem, so there's that. Someone's phone crashing isn't good enough reason to make TB retreatable imo.
    I do agree with the RNG being all over the place, they should remove those easy 2 elites/skulls. I wouldn't like it if they removed RNG alltoghether though, i want to atleast have to possibility of losing and different elites/skulls every other battle. Alot of people will disagree with me, but RNG is the only thing that makes arena interresting, same goes for TB to a lesser extent.
  • Options
    Yeah, I like the one-shot only, because as others have said it makes TB harder. The whole point of TBs is that they are constantly changing to give players a new experience each time (they only sort of actually do that, but the devs have said it was the intention) and for it to be something that takes time to master. Letting people rerun battles on auto 50 times until they get good rng is definitely not the point.
  • Options
    As the TB currently is, I haven't noticed it to be an issue. Leave it.

As I would LIKE TB to be, with some mini-one-day-raids to make it interesting, it should be like a raid you should be allowed to test the waters, like the current raids allow.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    I used to not care but the IOS11 update which forces the game to restart every time you step out of it will make this an issue for me.

Is this a real thing? Should I not update to iOS 11?
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Macattack9 wrote: »

It’s a thing. Pretty much every time you tab out of the app it force closes itself. I would wait till iOS 11.0.2 is released (which will hopefully fix this).

Yet again it could just be that swgoh hasn’t released an update to make it capatable with iOS 11.
  • Options

It’s a thing. Pretty much every time you tab out of the app it force closes itself. I would wait till iOS 11.0.2 is released (which will hopefully fix this).

Yet again it could just be that swgoh hasn’t released an update to make it capatable with iOS 11.

I m doing TB in Do not disturb mode, with WiFi only, and i dont move from where i sit for 15 min till everything is completed. That s the only solution i found in order to avoid crashes or anything else happening to my phone that makes the app reboot.
  • Options

I'm having performance issues all around with iOS 11. I regret updating it. I think it closes the app when you switch apps which may be due to issues with some of it's new pseudo multitasking enhancements. If you just lock the screen, you don't have to restart.
  • Options
    SP4C3Z wrote: »

I m doing TB in Do not disturb mode, with WiFi only, and i dont move from where i sit for 15 min till everything is completed. That s the only solution i found in order to avoid crashes or anything else happening to my phone that makes the app reboot.

Yeah, I've been switching to DnD mode too, after a phone call came in, shutting off my game.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    This thread needs to be taken seriously, yet another massive bug yesterday where battles were not loading in and costing people their attempt, if they cannot guarantee this wont happen, then the one attempt needs to be changed, its unfair were missing out on score because of problems that just keep coming back each TB. Were not even getting compensated anymore for the problems