Let’s talk about Hermit Yoda...

Banth
158 posts Member
At the time of this writing, HY costs 4050 guild event currency (I’ll abbreviate it as GEC from here out) for 15 HY shards. Obviously 330 HY shards are required for 7 star, which means you need to buy the 15 HY shard pack from the GEC store 12 times, which will cost you 89,100 GEC total. Not too bad right? Well... the average guild is hitting 30 stars or so which is going to net them 4800 GEC per TB.m, we can call it 5k though now that we have bonus combat missions that give a couple hundred. TBs are now paying out every 10 days. So.. in order to save enough GEC to buy the 330 HY shards needed it will take 18 TBs. That’s 180 days. 6 months. Half a freakin year. Is this WAI? I’d really like a dev response to see if we’re really expected to farm nothing but HY shards for 6 months to get him. Unless yr in one of the 17 guilds that made it over 40 stars in TB yr outta luck..

Replies

• Options
    Still quicker than some single hard node farms. Long farms are simply a part of it. How long has it taken some people to get Raid Han or GK?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, it is what it is. My plan is dumping 4050 on Hermit Yoda immediately after every TB from now on so I'm not tempted to spend that currency on gear (and character shards that can be farmed in other places) besides the G12 stuff.

I'm ok with Hermit Yoda farm that because it's taking me 6+ months to 7* DN, Baze, Krennic, on their single nodes daily with no refreshing.

Took me 4-5 months on FOST, FOTP (before he was added to Fleet), Scrimitar, Slave 1, and looks about the same for Rex's Arc, Poe's X-Wing.

GK will have taken a year since HAAT was introduced to 7* for me.

WAI indeed, and farm diligently.

Good luck.
  • Dovib
    37 posts Member
    Options
    GK takes 6 months of 4-50 place to get to 7* so makes sense for yoda to take as long. It's a slog but I'm sure it will be worth it.
  • NightfallsCurse
    537 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    By the time he's unlocked and at 7*, he'll be just in time for ROTJ Luke and the Jedi rework that's coming (in my fantasy world where I make up stuff without any evidence to support it).
  • Options
    Not everyone is supposed to have him in the first 2-3 months you know.. Also your Math is off. 12x15 = 180, not 330.
  • Options
    330/15=22. Math ftw...
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    spiffyp wrote: »
    330/15=22. Math ftw...

Typo that I didn’t catch. Point still stays the same
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    spiffyp wrote: »
    330/15=22. Math ftw...

I have often had that sentiment regarding math. Regardless of context.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Not everyone is supposed to have him in the first 2-3 months you know.. Also your Math is off. 12x15 = 180, not 330.

Typo. Was fixed later with the 18 TBs @ 5k shards.
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that for arena he will be basically just as useful at 5* as 7*, considering he shouldn't be taking damage and doesn't deal damage.
  • Options
    My greatest fear is HY being required for a legendary Luke event. That would absolutely suck. Being forced to farm the most expensive character in the game in order to get a new Luke would be devastating
  • Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    My greatest fear is HY being required for a legendary Luke event. That would absolutely suck. Being forced to farm the most expensive character in the game in order to get a new Luke would be devastating

Og course he will be needed. Yoda was the one training Luke to become a Jedi
  • Options
    hes pretty easy to get if u are in guild that gets 40*
    WAI
  • Options
    4th onwards in hAAT nets you 6 GK shards a raid. At 2 raids a week, that's 12 shards a week. 330/12= 26. Or half a year.

So hYoda taking just as long for average case seems WAI.
  • Options
    This game would become stale if every character took less than 4 months to get mate we should be happy there’s usually at least 1 thing to look forward to getting always
  • Options
    The worst part is not farming hermit Yoda but giving up the G12 gear in order to farm him.

And yes he'll definitely be needed for Jedi Luke.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Do we know there is a Jedi luke coming ? Isnt CLS already some sort of Jedi Luke ? I mean he has the lightsaber... What are the clues leading to another luke ?
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    The load screen when you switch on the game has ROTJ luke
  • Options
    There’s 4 Hans and only two Lukes, neither of which are Jedi. I’d bet a glass of blue milk anyday there will be at least one, if not a few more: ROTJ Jedi Luke, and TLJ Old Man Luke.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Once people unlock all of the special missions, 10K GEC per TB will become the norm
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that for arena he will be basically just as useful at 5* as 7*, considering he shouldn't be taking damage and doesn't deal damage.

That is very true. Only thing is no g12 for him unless he’s 7 star. I’m sure g11 would be okay though.
  • artax
    25 posts Member
    Options
    U cant compare gk farming to yoda, there is no sacrafice farming gk. Yoda farming means u miss out on g12 farming for 6 months.
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Im doing Baze first since he will also help me get better TB scores/platoons and special missions (more tb currency). And slowly farming cassian ship for the same reason :). HY probably after that.
  • Options
    Farm Yoda he's a game changer! The green dude doesn't attack, so he's totally viable at 4* when unlocked. Some off my guild mates have a maxed G12 Luke and Zolo, but good mods still can be as good as gears stats.