Does anyone care about balance?

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone care about the latest development of the game. I mean, there is no real challenge left with the introduction of the latest characters and changes.

The game was never balanced we all know that and we also know that EA likes the cashcow, always introducing new content to buy. I'm fine with that and i already spent a lot of money.

But with the latest changes I think it has become more than the usual "it's unbalanced but i can live with it" - Suddenly there is no point left to play the game :<

- Arena = CLS or Zarris/Nihilus
- Pit & HaaT boring solo missions
- TB is boring waittimes and no challenge nor any aspect of strategic matter
- GW = hit autoplay 12times
- collecting characters is useless because the characters are useless since you only need 10 chars to be satisfied everywhere.

It is ok that a game has no real endgame content if you have other things to do or to aim for and its defenitely not getting gear 12 or look for better mods.

What is your motivation? Did i miss something?

Sidenote:
Introducing G12 was the ideal chance to bring some balance to the force, instead of that they just bumped every character equaly.

Replies

• Options
    they didn't bump every character equally, gear 12 is just so new that no one has been able to fully fill out a team with it and see if it can beat what is meta right now, and I'm not talking about just going to gear 12, the pieces once you get there are a big deal
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Personally I just love star wars and some characters in particular and that makes me want to collect them all. Sure I like to be strong in the arena and have some challenge but I dont care if I cant make it top. Sure its annoying seeing all the same teams in the arena, but some characters are meant to be stronger than others. Like Luke Skywalker is kind of the hero of the series, he is the most powerful jedi in the galaxy... You cant have him really on par with, say, a random geonosian. Those murder ewoks in the event are already quite unsettling...
  • Options
    Gear 12 bring some balance. The problem is that CLS have 2 good items there, and one medium. Same as Han and r2. That made them even more powerful, since they already meta. But "weak" toons got the gear they deserved, while toons like chirrut got items that don't fit him. Therefore, wasting gear 12 on some weak toons would be better than wasting it on some strong ones. This is balancing, slowly. Instead of nerf, capping the potential of some. And instead of buff, giving items that increase the potential. It's really not equally.

Guess the endgame killed you. Well, you shouldn't waste so much money on the game then. And I know you did, otherwise it wouldn't bother you so much and you'd have things to inspire to.

I do agree that arena lack diversity, and that TB is extremely boring. But can't get any more content for now. Too much for the new players.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    guenni wrote: »
    Sidenote:
    Introducing G12 was the ideal chance to bring some balance to the force, instead of that they just bumped every character equaly.

Oh yeah. Giving G12 only to some characters (or let some benefit from it more than others) sounds like a great way to balance the game. :lol:
  • Options
    One of the most fun parts of the game for me is going in to the HAAT and having a big run with these really strong characters.

TBs I like the pace. Sure the first 2 rounds in particular seem slow if you're roster is strong, but I like the challenge in 5/6 especially and 4 can be sneaky hard if you're not careful.

Arena is a disaster - but it's almost always been a disaster. It's a terrible game mode in need of an update of rewards at least. Horribly repetitive - I've stopped even caring about the balance in arena - that doesn't exist, never has, and never will.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The game was never balanced we all know that and we also know that EA likes the cashcow, always introducing new content to buy. I'm fine with that and i already spent a lot of money.

But with the latest changes I think it has become more than the usual "it's unbalanced but i can live with it" - Suddenly there is no point left to play the game :<

- collecting characters is useless because the characters are useless since you only need 10 chars to be satisfied everywhere.

It is ok that a game has no real endgame content if you have other things to do or to aim for and its defenitely not getting gear 12 or look for better mods.

[...]

Sidenote:

The business model is not to balance all toons. CG simply chose anothe common model, to slowly let power creep and always introduce new, stronger toons and only rarely rebalance (/rework) existing older toons. However, rebalancing HAS happened on several occasions with great impact on the META (Wiggs, zMaul/sith, A New Hope toons etc.). It's all good. Don't expect the developers to ever seek to balance all toons in the game.

Arena — thought it may not seem so, there actually are competitive dark side teams out there (Thrawn, Shore+storm, Krooper f.ex.). Another variation of CLS lead is with raid Han, R2 and then K2 n Cassian. People are simply just biased towards the more common teams.

Pit & hAAT — I'm glad that they are much easier now. With the introduction of TB the 'required' play time increased. I believe it's all on purpose, that it was cut down in other game modes.

TB — boring? That's a matter of individual preferences, but it requires new tactics and quite some coordination within the guild to optimize and get that extra star or two.

Toons — only 10? Let's see....you already mentioned CLS, zArris and DN. That's 3. Then there are the 5 rebels to even acquire CLS. Thst's 8. 5 empire toons to acquire R2 (which is required for CLS). That's 13 toons behind the 3 you mentioned. Then the ships required to zeta Barris or any of the 3 toons you mentioned. And we didn't even mention scoundrels for credit heist, yet. Or Phoenix for Thrawn and TB. Or R1, hoth rebel soldier/scout, CHS and various odd/rare toons for TB missions. There's plenty to farm for you.

G12 — no, they did NOT just bounce every toon equally. They actually did some balancing here. Did you notice f.ex. how Chaze appear less and less in top atena ranks? That's one result right there for you.
  • Options
    -

IT'S VERY VERY funny.
    As a little dolphin I can say that:

1) Arena is funny because I can struggle against an unbalanced force that even I can have. I'm lvl 20-40 each day with my CLS total f2p earnt team.

2) Pit has become soloable for my "Non-paying" guild also, but we're still farming for HAAT. This is our challenge and it is funny and hard.

3) TB adjustments could be to reset the initial 12 hours per phase. End of the TB problems.

4) GW, if you can hit autoplay 12 times then I can assume you're a true whale and doens't concern about GW rewards as well.

5) I need 5 char for Arena, plus 10 chars for complete the GW, 1 specific team for Rancor, 4 for HAAT. 1 more for Territory battles special mission, Ships and more. I can say that the farm is my struggle cause I need several characters in the same location (e.g.: Finn and Captain Solo in Cantina).

Your quoted last sentence is the evidence of fact that you're big money spender and just wishes a big (yet UNBALANCED) advantage after other players. Is your right to require so but it's totally contradictory with the topic title you have chosen.

• Options

What do u mean CLS or zarris/nihilus.

I run all 3 :)
  • Options
    Ba.. what ?
    never heard that word ;)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Must be nice that the OP has it all...most of us don't So the game is quite challenging and fun
  • Options
    One word... nope
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Been playing since release.
    Have 97% of everyone unlocked and 7* and I
    Still log in at least 5-10 times a day.
    Would love to see different game content for sure but play any game for 2 years and I’ll bet that feeling is the same.
    We don’t need more characters at this moment but do need way more ships and ship content.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    balance would suck, not just for EA's wallet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Balancing the game is contrary to the strategy of EA.
    Let us remember EA is a company, their very own existence is based on "making money", that's how the world works.

An unbalanced game allows to sell powerful characters, or even better: 5 toons required to have him/her (why ask gamers to pay for 1 when you can have them paying for 5, hu? Real geniuses in EA when it comes to money). And as the balance shifts, there are again new toons to sell!
    If the game was balanced, you wouldn't sell squat.

Personally, I do not expect balance as it is, again, contrary to the very core principles of EA. However, I would find it more acceptable if the balance was not that skewed, first of, and if at least 3 fully different squads co-existed in the world of " who cares about the other 90 toons in the game?", rather than 1 toon.
  • Options
    I believe balance could be achieved if there are new Challenges, both regular and Mod, Omegas Battles, that require the use of the other 80% of the entire game's Toon list.

Example the upcoming Dathomir Omega Battle: Jedi or Tusken. How many use Tuskens for this? (the number I'm pulling out of my rear is 50 people in the world, maybe EA has the actual stat on their computers)

So, Jedi...they've got several uses in the game:

-TB
    -Omega Battle
    -obtain Yoda (exclusive)
    -Defence Mods (exclusive)
    -Cantina Battles
    -LS Battles

By "exclusive" above, I mean that you can only use Jedi tagged Toons. I'm guessing most people would only use any combination of Aayla, Barris, GK, QGJ, Lumi, Ezra, regular Asohka, GM Yoda, JKA, and maybe JC.

Has anyone actually used a squad that was: Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun Di, JKG, Kit Fisto, and Plo Koon?

Geonosian and Tusken, they don't even have the mimimum of 5 to make a squad. Nightsisters and Jawa has enough to be a squad, but there's not enough uses of them for people to care.

Separatist could be a fun faction, throw in a B1, Oom-9, Destroyer Droid (regular and sharpshooter), Admiral Trench, Commando Droid, or a Tactical Droid.

Maybe new campaign tables could be added by faction.

Clone Wars - LS (Clones and Jedi) and DS (Geonosian, Separatists, and certain Droids)
    Galactic Civil War - LS (Rebels) and DS (Empire)
    2nd Galactic Civial War - LS (Resistance) and DS (First Order)
    Tattooine - LS (Jawas, Luke farmboy, Old Ben) and DS (Tusken)
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Sad that the healing class / ability is worthless (except zarris ofc) since its all about protection and many chars do more damage in one turn than others health bar...

• Options
    The developers do not. Why else would they let lightside unlock 75% of the legendary content? It's the most lopsided favoritism I've ever seen in my entire life of gaming. Lightside unlocks everything. If you were a sucker and invested in DS cause you were a fan BEFORE this game, you are 100% out of luck. LS fans get everything. Even DS toons plug and play well on LS teams still. I'm finishing this TB out with my guild and then deleting the game. I've had enough of this unmitigated favoritism.
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Tc the devs don't have "balance" in their vocabulary. This game needs a ton of balance and tweaking. Instead of all these new modes and events and copies of toons we already have and should have been a last resort, they need to go in and fix what's not working right now or they will lose more players. I've already given up on the game and have stepped back because it takes so long to make any progress in the game and when you do along comes something else to set you back.