Lightsaber Forms

I propose the inclusion of lightsaber forms for each lightsaber wielding character.

I'm asking for the most simplified version of this idea to be implemented into combat. My suggestion would be that each lightsaber form that a character is proficient in should be listed as a tag (maybe color coded based on skill level). This way, when a character strikes another character while using a lightsaber and their basic attack, there is an additional damage calculator pitting each form against the other. For instance, if Dooku (makashi master) were to strike Obi-Wan (soresu master), he would do slightly increased damage. While Anakin (shien adept) striking against Obi-Wan would be less effective, resulting in a slight damage decrease.

The list would be extensive, and I believe each character should have either the tag of every form and skill level, or perhaps just their most practiced form. The damage calculator would be based off the most effective attacking style available to them, and whatever style the defender is most advanced in. This would be an interesting addition to the game and something I believe would bring in some refreshing strategy.

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could increase the defense of lightsaber wielding opponents to include their proficiency in deflecting projectiles. One example might be Obi-Wans mastery of soresu, to the point where he could walk into the heart of intense blaster fire and come out unscathed. I'm not saying he should deflect every laser that comes his way. The defense bonus would be minimal, and based on the characters defensive style style.

Just something fun to consider, whenever the developers have the time to skim through something slightly off topic. Thanks for reading!

Replies