Tired of the GK CLS team meta, anyone try something different?

Prev1
Every team in my top 50 is; CLS,GK,R2,Leia, Han or Gk, Zarriss, R2, Thrawn, DN, with maybe the slight alteration of one toon. I currently play the Gk Zarriss team and rank top 10-20 each day. However, I am insanely bored with this squad. It's good, but not fun. Anyone try any different teams and have success with them?

Replies

• Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I try different things!! Success... not so much. You absolutely have to run some combination of those characters to get top 20.
  • Options
    I like this squad. Thrawn nihlus old ben shoretrooper GK. Can auto most meta squads
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I run the Empire squad with Thrawn lead and can regularly be top 10. But if you want to be competitive now, there's not a lot of options. Or just play your fun team without taking into account your ranking.
  • Options
    Playing Empire and getting first on payout, actually the only Empire player in my top 50
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest rewards were always pretty much only possible with meta-chasing, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Playing Empire and getting first on payout, actually the only Empire player in my top 50

Can you post your squad please?
  • Options
    It's likely to be something out of; Thrawn, DT, ShT, DirKennic, StormT, Tarkin.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance with zeta Sid can do well vs the current meta...
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    I am capable of top 5 with zzThrawn(L), zTarkin, Shore, zHan, and EP. Someday I want to try it with something else for EP but not sure what. Working on DT and Nihilus at the moment.
  • Options
    MPac wrote: »
    I am capable of top 5 with zzThrawn(L), zTarkin, Shore, zHan, and EP. Someday I want to try it with something else for EP but not sure what. Working on DT and Nihilus at the moment.

Yeah I feel like Nihilus would be much better than EP in that squad.
  • L_skywalker
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I got fed up of the meta as well so decided to go back to the dark side and now the only dark side team in the top 50. Hit 1st/2nd everyday with zero problems. Dec 2015 shard.

zzThrawn, Storm, Shore, zDT, DK
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    image.png
    "Now, Young Skywalker, you will die."
    Post edited by DropItLikeItHoth on
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Resistance with zeta Sid can do well vs the current meta...

Which specific res characters? R2 + the core 3?
  • Options
    I'd also add - at least vs. zBarriss + GK a Darth Vader +zSid team is very effective. I've been playing zDV lead with Thrawn, SA, and EP and that's been fun. DoTs really drag on that squad.
  • Options
    I use droids and get top 20 :)
  • Options
    image.png

TOTALLY LOVING your squad +100
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Post squad please? No offense , but are you on a young shard?
  • Options
    image.png

Wow! I am quite impressed.
  • Options
    I'd also add - at least vs. zBarriss + GK a Darth Vader +zSid team is very effective. I've been playing zDV lead with Thrawn, SA, and EP and that's been fun. DoTs really drag on that squad.

That's awesome
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    I am experimenting today with CLS/R2/Han/OB/Cassian. It does great against CLS teams, and while it struggles against Rex leads it would be phenomenal with a CLS Leader zeta. Gk/Zarris squads are a nightmare, but they are for all Rebel teams.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    This squad needs super speed mods and crit chance.

Nute Gunroy(L), R2D2, Geo spy, Sun fac, Leia

You can switch sunfac for dengar up to you
  • Options
    HB0MBZ wrote: »
    This squad needs super speed mods and crit chance.

Nute Gunroy(L), R2D2, Geo spy, Sun fac, Leia

You can switch sunfac for dengar up to you

This sounds made up
  • Options
    Napoli wrote: »
    I am experimenting today with CLS/R2/Han/OB/Cassian. It does great against CLS teams, and while it struggles against Rex leads it would be phenomenal with a CLS Leader zeta. Gk/Zarris squads are a nightmare, but they are for all Rebel teams.

Might try that, I do have CLS zeta lead.
  • Options

Joined a few months after release (no more than 4 months). Everyone in top 35ish has several G12, and everyone in top 15ish has full G12 teams. All of them are CLS or GK lead. I use HK, R2, 88, B2 and BB-8. 88 and R2 are 12, rest are 11.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    Napoli wrote: »

Might try that, I do have CLS zeta lead.

Then this team would be great against Rex squads, @NicolasRage. With OB, R2, and Cassian all having AoE debuffs, your speed would be incredibly fast in the beginning-to-middle of the match.

I'm debating between CLS lead (triple zeta) for OB (Devoted Protector) for my next zeta. It's a tough call. I'm always hesitant to zeta any leader ability because it's so restrictive, and OB may be a passing fad and is extremely slow getting the taunt up in the first place.
  • Options

Joined a few months after release (no more than 4 months). Everyone in top 35ish has several G12, and everyone in top 15ish has full G12 teams. All of them are CLS or GK lead. I use HK, R2, 88, B2 and BB-8. 88 and R2 are 12, rest are 11.

What are your mods like, M8? I have those toons...
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    RebelScum wrote: »

What are your mods like, M8? I have those toons...

About average I would think. All of them have Crit Damage set bonus. R2 and BB-8 have Crit Chance Triangles, B2 has protection, 88 and HK have Crit Damage. BB-8 and B2 have Protection Plus mods, rest have Potency. Speeds are as follows: BB-8 - 234 (72 added), R2 - 233 (76 added), B2 - 194 (83 added), HK - 190 (87 added), 88 - 189 (62 added).
  • Options

Can you post your squad please?

https://swgoh.gg/u/thunderdome/
  • Options
    You get top 10-20 then why complain?
  • Options
    You get top 10-20 then why complain?

Because it gets boring when every one is running the same few characters.