Single Zeta

Ceodoc
175 posts Member
My Phoenix are a little weak heading into the Thrawn event, gear 7-8, but all 7*. Hopefully during the event I will have a zeta. What Phoenix toon would you recommend if only 1 zeta to just get Thrawn event 7* please?
I use Chopper not Sabine but he is the worst lvled.
I will spend the next 8 days pouring all resources into Phoenix to give myself best chance.
Any advice really appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ceodoc/collection/?f=phoenix

Replies

• Options
    People did the event last time at gear 8 with good mods. Given your arena team and the overall strength of your roster I would wager if you move your arena mods over you'd be fine without the zeta.

That said, if you wanna zeta them anyway for ease, or use in TB, or what have you, Flourish seems very solid, given how it can be a very low CD and Ezra is probably the best character overall in the squad. Sabine's looks amazing at a glance, though you said you weren't using her so that's moot...
  • Options
    Play to Strengths may also be very good for this event in particular to utilize the potency boost to help Zeb throw down some daze and stun. You may want to give the event a try or two and see if you need more damage or more control before you commit.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Great pointers fascizio, thank you! Good idea to see how the week goes with a few efforts, looks like I will have Ezra another gear lvl too.
    Ty
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    If you are not using Sabine then consider putting the zeta on Chopper
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Options
    farqs wrote: »

Chopper doesn't have a zeta?
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »

My bad - I just assumed the change to Maintenance Protocols was a zeta ability. Having the whole squad countering along with Kanan's counter ability is pretty cool. Makes it very hard to work out which player to drop. Kanan will be very useful in a zQGJ squad along with Ezra - the Phoenix have been missing a group cleanser and that's what his zeta ability provides. I don't think the Phoenix zeta abilities better than r2, raid han, Finn, thrawn, Barriss or CLS.

• Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »

My bad - I just assumed the change to Maintenance Protocols was a zeta ability. Having the whole squad countering along with Kanan's counter ability is pretty cool. Makes it very hard to work out which player to drop. Kanan will be very useful in a zQGJ squad along with Ezra - the Phoenix have been missing a group cleanser and that's what his zeta ability provides. I don't think the Phoenix zeta abilities better than r2, raid han, Finn, thrawn, Barriss or CLS.

Chopper's assist isn't shared though, it's just him.

"At the start of his turn, Chopper regains 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up. Additionally, Chopper has a 30% chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally use an ability during their turn (this Assist is not shared by Phoenix allies)."

I just copied that directly from swgoh.gg. It's hilarious seeing him fling that rock though when one of the others are still halfway towards the enemy. I always see it as him actually trying to hit the ally and missing.
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Hera shares each of the Phoenix squads unique abilities though...
  • Options
    The only possible toon you can drop out for Chopper is Sabine. Nobody else.

On a side note, if you're planning on putting a Zeta on a Phoenix toon JUST for the event - not worth it. If you plan on using them, then it could be good investment.