BB-8 have any viable use?

Wondering if anyone has tried bb-8?

Replies

• Options
    He's my 'sure-fire' for TB battles when I know things are going to go awry (i.e. the hardest one of the day.)

Galactic War is also a great place. Single-round fights seemingly aren't the place, but super effective on more stretched out battles. I feel like he's a TB superstar. Illuminated Destiny is EPIC but the cooldown, even with constant Intel dispatches, takes a while.

Overall, from the experience I have with him (Lvl85, GXI) he's a GREAT toon with a lot of utility. I can't speak for resistance or droid squads (I lack both significantly), so maybe someone can chime in on those setups.

I run, zCLS(L), BB-8, zR2-D2, zATF, ZSolo and it's a very powerful, very efficient team for TB. But that's my only experience so far.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Resistance, with or without BB8, only works in arena if you have +120 speed sets on Poe, Finn, and BB8. If you don't have that, don't bother, because you will lose 5/5 on offense and get bumped down a couple hundred ranks.
  • Options
    I have been using BB-8 with zFinn, Poe, Rey, and R-Trooper in TB. Kinda fun, a little Gimmicky, but I don't have his attacks/abilities past 3 yet so plenty more to do. It is nice because it frees up R2 for other Combat Missions and still get the Potency boost...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    People have reported getting over 19 million damage on P2 of the HAAT with him and the resistance. He replaces Rey and basically makes time stand still for the rest of the team to deliver huge damage. He also helps Resistance teams solo P4.
  • Options
    Helping resistance solo p4
  • Options
    BB-8 is great in Tank Raid on a Resistance squad (replace Rey). Also, if you have a really fast Poe, the same squad could get you high up in Arena. I have a guildmate that is in the Top 25 already and he battled from 175 when BB-8 first showed up.

Obviously you have to have a zFinn.

Not sure how well it holds up on defense though.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    He is a god in HAAT and TB
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    People have reported getting over 19 million damage on P2 of the HAAT with him and the resistance. He replaces Rey and basically makes time stand still for the rest of the team to deliver huge damage. He also helps Resistance teams solo P4.
    insane
    image.png?width=733&height=413
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    He made droids able to reach top—30 again.