More drops for the death trooper and shoretrooper?

I personally like having a diverse amount of teams at my disposial but the level requirements to get some troops seems a bit high. In currently working on my empire toon and my imperial trooper toon. I have a 5 star veers 5 star stormtrooper and a 5 star magma trooper and i would like to add the death and shoretrooper to my team but the two place that drops their shards require you to be a really high level. To get the one death trooper drop you need to be level 83 to access the last set of cantina battles. For the shore trooper you need to be level 82 to access the last light side battles but you can only do five battles a day. It seems a bit of a high level cap to get these troopers when you can consitantly get shards for K2-SO, Bodhi and Cassian and you can get shards for Baze, Chirrut and Jyn in the other shops if you are a little lucky.

I am aware that you can get them in the shipments with crystals but i feel like you should have to spend a large amount of crystals to get them or be lucky and get them or their shards from a card pack. I think they should a couple more drops for them just so more people can use them.

Replies

• Options
    I meant to say that you shouldn't have to spent a large amount of crystals to unlock them
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They're pretty solid toons and not meant to be easy to obtain. Game is no fun if everyone has everyone.
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    They're pretty solid toons and not meant to be easy to obtain. Game is no fun if everyone has everyone.

I understand that but i feel like the fact you have to be nearly the max level to unlock them is just a bit of an oversight. Im almost level 77 right now and get that next level up is such an up hill trek. I feel like maybe adding one drop for each of the between levels 65 and 70 would be a nice addition. I feel like that would still make them good and used mostly only by higher levels but make them just a bit more open to everyone.

• Options
    :'(
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    ponce104 wrote: »

I understand that but i feel like the fact you have to be nearly the max level to unlock them is just a bit of an oversight. Im almost level 77 right now and get that next level up is such an up hill trek. I feel like maybe adding one drop for each of the between levels 65 and 70 would be a nice addition. I feel like that would still make them good and used mostly only by higher levels but make them just a bit more open to everyone.
    I really love this idea:) . I could have shoretrooper much faster than half of the year. I mean 7 *.
  • Options
    I feel personally that death trooper is fine on one cantine node but I feel like shore trooper needs another node since a single hard node makes its more annoying to get or have them drop every now and again in the ship shop since they are needed for a ship.
  • Options
    Nope. They have pretty substantial gear requirements and won't help at all in raids or Rebel Hoth TB. Really think you should farm Rebels until you have a solid roster. R1, Phoenix, Hoth bros, CLS and probably Resistance should be your main focus. Otherwise you're shorting yourself and your guild.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »

I understand that but i feel like the fact you have to be nearly the max level to unlock them is just a bit of an oversight.

It's not an oversight, it's definitely completely intentional. It used to be that some characters were not farmable at all and could only be obtained with crystals. They've done away with that now with the release cadence, but they've replaced the notion of premium characters with ones that are *technically* farmable but very very difficult and slow to obtain.