Mace Windu vs Eeth Koth: 5th Jedi

Now a bunch of people may have tried both these 7* characters.
I'm a bit in late with jedi farming, so while I'm picking Barriss I'm still wondering which of these two guys can fill my 5th spot. I really want a strong Mace, but even after patch he seems not much viable, according to forum feedbacks (mine is only 4*). And I don't like Koth.
Apart from the easier farming, is Koth so much better than Mace?
Which one do you suggest?

Replies

• Options
    Mace is stronger
  • Options
    They are both pretty weak but Eeth is fast with some utility, so that is the direction you probably want to go
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've run Eeth since almost Day 1. I have him at 7 stars because, well, he is easy to star.
    I have Mace at 4, very close to 5 (I don't care about Yoda at 5 stars, and if I did, I don't need him at 5 stars this week).

I swear that Eeth Koth is the most underrated character in this game. He's fast (really fast with QGJ) and he stuns 75% of the time with good Potency. That Stun is huge, if he stuns Poe then you can ignore Poe. If he stuns anyone else, then you don't have to worry about their big ability activation. If he stuns Dooku or another Counter character, you don't get Countered while you take Dooku out. (Although the Stun will halfway kill him, anyway.)
    Coupled with Ability Block (e.g. Luminara) you have Ability Block + Stun so you can make sure some poor sap (like Phasma or anyone with Taunt) doesn't get to use their special on the first turn, or if the Stun lands, 2x victims. That's no Old Ben, don't get me wrong, but still, those two blocks deal great damage and come up every 3 turns...Obi-Wan is 5 turns and 0 damage. [Edit: And Eeth is easy to farm; Obi-Wan not so much]
    He hits reasonably hard for a controller (Physical isn't good, but Special is good. Crit is poor). His speed means that you aren't always waiting for his cooldown.
    On AI (either Autoplay or Arena) he will randomly stun someone, which isn't a bad thing. If the enemy ignores him, he'll probably get his Stun a 2nd time.
    Eeth is a little squishy, but if he Stuns once, you usually won't care if he dies.

Mace is so slow. His expose would be fantastic if it activated on random targets 100% of the time [even 75%], or 45% where you have some control over the target. But it doesn't. When you are focusing someone down (i.e., every turn of every battle every day) it's painful to see it come up on a secondary target or someone shielded by Taunt [or stealthed, but that's rare]. Also, when you are playing your X mission of the day and have hit the attack button for the Y time, you will fail to notice that brief appearance of Mace's expose and hit the button before you see it. Also if he places it on someone with red health, it's meaningless. Therefore even if you get that 45% and if it attaches to a good/primary target, you still might miss it. I do all the time. So my point is it's not 45% it's more like 20% of the time you will really benefit from it.
    His 50% damage buff is nice but he has nothing else going for him, and his base damage is terrible. His crit is almost literally the worst crit in the game. Maybe if he were on an Offense Up/Crit Chance/Advantage team that +50% would mean something, but even then, there'd have to be 20 better candidates.
    His healing <50% is meaningless, he'll just die when he's being focused down. In GW, he can heal, which is nice, but he'll still be about 50% HP after his heal, which isn't really perfect for GW. His healing is about exactly as good as Talia's was pre-patch...nothing to write home about.
    On AI, Mace is an id1ot and useless.

IMO Mace would be fine [not great, just fine] as is if they just gave him 1000+ HP and left him alone. He's useless as a Tank (Jesse thinks for some reason Mace can't be ignored) and useless as an attacker and offers no synergy to anyone. His best ability (Expose) is completely random and most of the time it won't even activate.

Oh, Mace's positive effect removal doesn't remove all positive effects. If it did, he could be used to counter Yoda, as he goes after Yoda. Long after Yoda.
    Post edited by Eris_Discordant on
  • Options
    From what I've seen Droid teams kick jedi teams butts but with Eeth you would stand a chance.
  • Options
    I agree with the comments above but do like Mace (19500 power arena team).
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Eeth's anti-droid abilities. As godgiven45 points out above, they come in handy at times (it's great on Light Side missions as if that matters). I look at them as pure bonus--obviously, as I completely forgot about them. When General Grievous comes out, Eeth's stock may rise and I may actually level his abilities.

One thing I like about Eeth is that I never use Ability Materials on him, and the fact is you have to cut corners on those. Level 3 in most of his abilities is fine. I have him at 4/4/1/3 way below any of my other characters. Raising his abilities 6+ just to mess with Droids has not been necessary for me. Except HK most are easy to kill already, and like I said, it's welcome to have those Mats for someone else.

The good thing about Eeth is because he's so easy to star, you won't feel bad if/when you end up benching him.
    Mace is a pain compared to anyone available from Arena or GW.

I have Eeth at Gear VII [he needs one more but I don't consider it/him priority in that regard] and found gearing him to be relatively easy all the way through VII. Gear VIII may be a disaster, but nobody's VIII is fun.

7* Eeth at Level 63 with 5/6 of Gear VII his Power is 4862, HP 9403, Physical 1214, Special 1975, Speed 126.
  • Options
    Koth's stun is enough reason to select him instead of Mace Windu. That stun saved my **** too many times at GW and PVP.
  • Options
    Eeth is why I don't avoid squads with Dooku in arena. If the stun sticks, I can get rid of Dooku without all the **** counters/bonus attacks that he ALWAYS gets, and I usually win. If it misses I usually lose.
  • Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    From what I've seen Droid teams kick jedi teams butts but with Eeth you would stand a chance.

I have a 4* eeth koth at gear 6 and he is pretty powerful even then. His stun has saved my butt a ton already! I am trying to unlock mace as well but I dont see him being better then my eeth koth. besides all of my jedi has green lightsabers and id like to keep it like that lol!