CLS in ESB

It may be that I don’t have CLS, so fighting him in SA and in multiple nodes of GW have becoming increasingly difficult, but as I watch Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader owned Luke and ended up cutting off his right hand and then revealing that he was his father. Shouldn’t Vader have the same dominance over CLS until the next Luke comes out?

Replies

• Options
    Unfortunately the Devs do not follow the story very much:
    They have created Gods from garbage characters: Thrawn (cartoon only, he does' exist in movies), Chirrut, Baze, Death trooper, Sith trooper, Ashoka Tano Fulcrum.....
    On the other hand, Mace Windu, one of the strongest Jedi, is nearly useless in this game..
    We are still lucky that they created the CLS event (it was fine and funny) and that they remembered that Luke Skywalker is (but togheter with Anakin/Darth Vader) is the central character of all the SW saga.
  • Options
    Darth Vader is an important character through the complete Star Wars saga and history and he should be at least in the top characters list on this game. Darth Vader is the face of Star Wars! :):) . It doesn't mean I agree with your suggestion, but Darth Vader should be a game changer in Arena and match CLS Power.
  • Options
    So this question is interesting.

When it comes to a game like this, there are two main concerns. Balance and Flavor. Balance is about how the power of things relate to each other. Flavor is about whether things make sense when compared with the real world or the storyline upon which the game is based.

Now EA/CG have stated many times that this game is not a canon game. This means that it is not meant to reflect the star wars universe perfectly and can have characters that never truly existed in the star wars universe inside it like Darth Nihilus (yes, he was canon at one point, but is no longer a canon character). They do try to keep things close enough to generate some of the flavor that comes in the true star wars universe, but they are far more concerned with the other aspect.

Game balance. Lots of people think that using this term means that everything must be equal, but that isn't true, especially in an evolving strategy type game such as this. Magic the Gathering is another good example of this. They come out with new powerful characters all the time. Power creep is essential, which means that the game balance they are striving for is not a 1:1 balance, it's more like a 1.5:1 balance or higher, and it swings back and forth as to what side that power balance lies on.

So basically, yeah, your question makes sense flavor wise, but as far as game balance goes, it's not in keeping with where things are right now.
  • Options
    I wish this game were balanced like Street Fighter. Every character viable. Watch a pro Street Fighter tournament and you'll see every character being used. It's THAT well balanced, even at the highest levels of play.

I'd love for this game to be balanced like that. But I'm also smart enough to realize that it would be less profitable if it were. EA makes money off people struggling to run the current "meta".

My dream for this game is that once it's done, considered no longer profitable and shut down, EA should port it over to the PS4 and take balance as the main priority. EA gets 60$ from me the day that happens. I know it won't. But I can dream. Until then, unfortunately, we are left with this deliberately unbalanced mess.
  • Options
    If the game is not related to Star Wars canon / lore then I can't see any reason why CLS is so OP. Unless the justification is: "he's Luke Skywalker!". Yes but this game isn't canon-based . So why?
  • Options
    I didn't say it wasn't related to it, I said it was a secondary concern compared to game balance.
  • Options
    I don't see there is much balance in the game. It's about new toons and power creep.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I don't see there is much balance in the game. It's about new toons and power creep.

As per my above post, that's exactly the balance it needs, not an even one.
  • Options
    A game with no progression has no longevity, and if they update the old toons as fast as the new ones come out, there's no push for people to commit resources which funds the progression of the game.

In short, without power creep running game balance, the game is doomed to die.