wrong choice of words or idea period

the road ahead article
telling weaker players basically who would love to be a part of a guild that does tbs but wont get accepted, to get stronger and click up with other guilds? u dont have too many strong stragglers these days and if u do its because there looking for something better, newer players dont have that option you expect them to work on rancor teams , tank teams, luke , yoda,r2 ,palp, bb2,and have a spare lobot to donate to platoons? why would these people want to keep playing when they cant get on a team because they dont have a no name toon (HRS) you should be encouraging people to play and make em feel welcome, and i dont want to hear (you should work on your teams crap) or find a better guild, i am happy with mine. usually games last when u keep people playing or are able to have new players join , whos gonna wanna start today and keep playing after all this , and not even be able to get in a guild?

Replies

• Options
    less guilds,less players, less money EA ,dont have to be a genius to figure that out
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    New players can't even play TB. But if anything, being a new player is awesome. With ONE team (Phoenix) you can compete decently in arena, complete GW, unlock Palpatine AND Thrawn, and beat a CM in every TB phase. I really doubt new players are feeling down about this.
  • Options
    what happens when they get to that point if they even do? boast how great there phoenix is when they cant even get a commander luke?
  • Options
    and like im tryimg to say above not even get accepted on a team?and of course new players would feel down about it u think they dont want the same outcome as you and i? put urself in someone elses shoes before you answer for them
  • Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    what happens when they get to that point if they even do? boast how great there phoenix is when they cant even get a commander luke?

What makes a new player need commander luke? No one in their arena shard will have him either, and that's the only place you currently compete with other players directly.
  • Options
    we are talking about getting in a guild most serious guilds require you to have a cls these days
  • Options
    we are talking about getting in a guild most serious guilds require you to have a cls these days

New players don't NEED to be in serious guilds with players that have been playing since launch. They can form guilds with each other.

If one new player DID get into a high level guild, he would receive a major advantage over his shardmates because he could begin stockpiling high level gear before actually needing it and he could gear his toons much faster than others in his arena. It's actually better that guilds are made up of people around the same level with similar needs and goals. High level guilds like mine are made up of high level players that are primarily concerned with getting characters to G12. New players won't worry about G12 for a LONG TIME, which means they DON'T need Commander Luke and they DON'T need a top 200 guild.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    What's the alternative though? have everything be super duper easy for every player/guild that has been playing for more than 1 year?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    once again dude not talking about you or your situation , arena,GR12, point is theres not gonna be too many weak guilds hovering aroung period for them to even join
  • Options
    at this point there isnt one, us veterans who all have been playing since week 1 should be able to clearly recognize that, im just trying to say we will lose players more then we will gain as the days go by which isnt good for any of us
  • Options
    once again dude not talking about you or your situation , arena,GR12, point is theres not gonna be too many weak guilds hovering aroung period for them to even join

There is a WIDE variety of guilds available. The Looking Ahead post recommended consolidating strength within guilds. That in NO WAY diminishes the available guilds within the game for new players. And if there isn't a guild? New players can MAKE their own guilds. This isn't the problem you think it is.
  • Options
    willing to bet if a dev could confirm , less guilds since time they were
    introduced till now which means less players
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    at this point there isnt one, us veterans who all have been playing since week 1 should be able to clearly recognize that, im just trying to say we will lose players more then we will gain as the days go by which isnt good for any of us

So what is the point you're trying to make? The game is doomed because either the new players or the old players will stop playing?
    Personally i think new content in a game that's almost two years old should always be aimed at end game players. The new players have so much left to look forward to, where as the old players have nothing. New players being overwhelmed with options is unfortunately a negative side effect, however they do progress at a much faster pace than the old players did when they were new players themselves.
    I am a big supporter of making the gear grind for g8/g9 ALOT easier though.
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    gear situation a whole other joke
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm still trying to figure out what you're trying to say, or what needs to be done.
    I don't see this game dying all of a sudden in the next 6 months, atleast not without a screw up of epic proportions. Let's face it, we "survived" precraft, modgate, whales who boycotted etc etc. Major outrages are common practice on this forum, lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    they all ready screwed up
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    they all ready screwed up

Well okay then.
    I'll just keep enjoying the game while it lasts ;)
  • Options
    i dont speak for everybody but not that fun farming a lobot to help make sure my team gets the most stars it can
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i dont speak for everybody but not that fun farming a lobot to help make sure my team gets the most stars it can

Well, that really isn't a new player problem, they simply don't farm lobot. Why would they, it's way more beneficial for the guild they're in if they farm other characters.
  • tman135
    173 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    yeah i guess your right it will take them 2 years to get to that point ;)