DEVS - Thrawn difficulty - FIX IT please

2Next

Replies

• Garmaddon
    153 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Plenty of people have competed it with gear 8 squads this time around. I wouldn't auto round 3 because you want to have all there abilities available for the final round. You need to debuff the taunt on the storm trooper then take out the 2 death troopers. If you focus on killing the taunting storm trooper then you will fail. Zebs stunning on thrawn is also key
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Lumovanis
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I beat him with this on the first attempt for 6* and 7*;

Hera: Lvl 81 (G8, 159 speed)
    Ezra: Lvl 85 (G9, 149 speed)
    Kanan: Lvl 85 (G8, 118 speed)
    Chopper: Lvl 83 (G8, 152 speed)
    Zeb: Lvl 85 (G8, 146 speed)

4* and 5* mods, not particularly special, mostly health except Ezra with CC and CD. Chewed through the trooper waves with pretty much just basics and occasional specials to take out particularly annoying troops like the death troopers. Upon reaching Thrawn, I simply tore down the buffs on the DT's (Ezra and Chopper dispels, Ezra was able to actually Dispel both troopers). Kanan took the first fracture, but Chopper taunted and weathered the storm with Hera's buff. Basically just burned down the DT's first, then the healer in the back. Chopper ended up soaking the second fracture with taunt as Kanan taunted and took the heat off everyone else. Literally first try burned him down. Screw trying to struggle with Sabine, Chopper rolled it.

(Edit: Yes, I completed it this time, not last time when it was supposedly easier)
    Post edited by Lumovanis on
  • Options
    Lumovanis wrote: »
    (Edit: Yes, I completed it this time, not last time when it was supposedly easier)
    I didn't even unlock Thrawn last time, but I was very active on the board and have a good memory. I remember largely the same complaints last time: "I can't do it, my dudes die too fast, people who say they're doing it with g8 are liars," etc.

I'll say this much, though--after the first Territory Battle people were talking here about how they were pleasantly surprised that their undergeared, nearly unmodded, not very good Phoenix Squads were doing really well in their Combat Mission. There were some folks saying their Phoenix Squad did badly, and the split seemed to boil down to who was using Sabine and who was using Chopper. Folks then started talking about Thrawn, as you do, and at least one person was saying how they had used Chopper the first time around and it was easy.

So while the complaints were the same last time, at least a few people were aware of Chopper back then, too, and more people are aware this time. I think the folks who didn't finish it last time are the ones saying it was easier then, because that's the only explanation they can come up with about why so many people finished it--when, in actuality, they finished it last time with Chopper.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    TayloRen wrote: »
    I was hoping for MORE difficulty. Beat it in minutes so it was a bit anticlimactic. Maybe I over prepared.

Well, g10/g11 toons will do that for you, won't they? You wanted it to be difficult, so you exceded the recommended minimum gear requirements. Makes sense.

Recommended by who, CG? Oh that’s right, they don’t give you any guidance. You must mean the forums. Don’t have time to check them all the time and everyone has mixed messages about this event anyway.

I went by my guild leader who swore it was the hardest event ever and you’d need minimum G10 across the board. Plus, you need them for TB and you can’t beat any TB mission with G8 scrubs.