Which Phoenix to zeta??

Prev1
I'm trying for 7 star thrawn but I'm getting the whooping of a lifetime. Pls I need to get him so which Phoenix character zeta would help me get Thrawn? I've got them at Ezra G9 Hera and Sabine at 8, Zeb and Kanan at 7. (I also can upgrade either Ezra Zeb or Kanan up a tier with my carb, which one?)

Replies

• Options
    Zeb and kanan probably need at least tier 8. I think kanan zeta is the best but Ezra and zebs are good and useable outside Phoenix teams
  • Options
    I would zeta them as a last resort unless your planning on using them loads. It's achievable at gear level 8. Although if you are looking to zeta one then I would go for kanan
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Sincerely Zeb and Kanan IX would help a lot, extra protection always help, but is possible with gear VIII. Just focus killing Deathtroopers first, put plan B on Kanan that Will taunt. Remember to omega all uniques, or at last level 7. Without gear X+ you Will need good rng, but is possible and Thraw is One of the best heroes in the game, he and Nihilus have place in most arena teams
  • Options
    I've been thinking Sabine, would she help with all the offense up and exposes?
  • Options
    I think Kanan zeta is the best for Phoenix squad...Sabines is really nice too, those will be my first zetas for the team (i beat 7* Thrawn no zetas) as i use my squad all the time in TB
  • Options
    I would definitely go for kanan the debuff, foresight and turn meter gain would come I really handy
  • crzydroid
    7383 posts Moderator
    Options
    If it's just for Thrawn, I would go for mods over zetas.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    +1
  • Options
    Kanan
  • Options
    Your problem is that you're undergeared. It's a difficult battle, I'm affraid a zeta won't help here. Gear up Kanan and Zeb, Zeb in particular is key with his daze and stuns.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

I've modded them to the best I can, and even so I will be using Phoenix for TB so Sabine would help a lot with that
  • Options
    You do not need to zeta them you need to gear them hight take from someone that has wen all out on them
  • Options
    I use Phoenix a lot in GW and TB. So I had no problem zetaing Kanan and Zeb. Holy smokes! I now run through GW 80% of the time only using Phoenix. I added a zeta to Kanan first to make Phoenix my number 2 squad in GW. Good but not great and my Imperial Trooper squad remained number 1. Added a zeta to Zeb and raised Chopper to gear 10 and now Phoenix is my number 1 squad in GW.

So if you are having trouble with Thrawn, zeta Kanan first. Still having trouble and you use Phoenix a lot, zeta Zeb next.
  • Options
    You shouldn't need a zeta. I had Ezra at 10, Hera at 9, and the others around 8 or 7. I wouldn't look for a zeta on them just for Thrawn.
  • Options
    Ran into a zeta’d Kanan with Baze and it was very tricky to beat. Kanan is a decent albeit low priority zeta
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree that you don't need zetas to beat Thrawn. My only point was that if you use Phoenix a lot, zeta Kanan first then Zeb. And it will make Thrawn that much easier.
  • Options
    You'd be better off gearing up Kanan to 8 and just retrying the event over and over rather than waste a zeta on just this event. Also, have you done your research? There are many threads around about the event with low gear teams ... below is one.

I'd also add, at low gear levels I think you're better off using CHOPPA than Sabine. You want that extra survivability. Sabine is great in PX, but only at higher gear levels. If you can get the little droid to gear 7/8 and swap at Sabine you'd be in a lot better shape. He got a great upgrade since the first event as well so will be even better than at the time the thread below was created.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117206/7-thrawn-no-sabine-new-low-for-requirements/p1
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Sabine for dmg. This would be first. Those exposes will finish Thrawn very fast.
  • Options
    I think if you did it *just* for this event (your call), hera and ezra would be best.

In terms of elevating an individual character's usefulness, I think kanaan and sabine are best. Raid usefulness, kanaan and zeb. I think the best for the overall team outside of a raid is hera/ezra

I use kanaan and leave out sabine, just fyi.

Hera's zeta is fantastic if you know how to play hera, ezra, and chopper off one another for tons of assists and buffs. The zeb megaton hit you get is nice, but more situational than I think the utility and versatility of the zeta hera/ezra combo.
  • Krjstoff
    635 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Don't waste your zetas.

Your toons are way too low gear, and need that more than a zeta.
    My best guess would be Zeb and Kanan to at least G8 - and Ezra to G10 for more survivability and damage.

Make sure you have good mods as well, and you'll have a much higher chance at succes.
    You need to speed Zeb and Ezra up to around 200, and getting mods with sufficiently high speed secondaries is no small task.

(A zeta will help you exactly zero if your entire team is made of glass and hit like wet noodles).
  • Options
    I'd add a fast chopper helps too for buffs on basic and all uniques Omega level is a must. Chopper getting the extra assists was the key for me to get 7* thrawn but I was pretty much at your levels to get him. Strategy on last level is key, DT first, then the other troooers, leave thrawn last.Once it's just Thrawn,use Zeb stagger to help with TM manipulation and taunt with chopper or kanaan when Fracture is due and the use Hera last chance to save that taunter. Will take a few tries but after enough tries you can get it.
  • Options
    Better use choper than sabine. I try multiple Times with sabine But i didnt get Thrawn to 7*. First time i use choper i get it pretty easy. This team need to survive enough. The key is too use all your assist from Hera and Ezra to zeb . He can stagger and stun the character with he s attack.choper basic attack reduce the ally cooldown by 1.good luck
  • DarthVideon
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Spasky79 wrote: »
    Better use choper than sabine. I try multiple Times with sabine But i didnt get Thrawn to 7*. First time i use choper i get it pretty easy. This team need to survive enough. The key is too use all your assist from Hera and Ezra to zeb . He can stagger and stun the character with he s attack.choper basic attack reduce the ally cooldown by 1.good luck

No way. I have Sabine geared up to 11 and I've Zeta'd here and she's one of the best killers in the whole game. I'd trade out Ezra before Sabine because he doesn't come close to her in power, especially once she has her Zeta.

Everyone is right, equipment is the most important. They do take a while to equip but it's worth it. However, the subject of who to Zeta is a worthy question. Phoenix has become my main team in GW because I can use them straight through without losing shields thanks to Zeb, and with recovering health thanks to Hera. They become hard to kill and they're tough. The sharing abilities is an amazing trait. I can tell you by using Sabine's that it assists the others by making the enemy briefly super easy to kill. Sabine is easily the most dangerous attacker for Phoenix and one of the most dangerous in the game. I'm not sure if she's the best of their Zetas, since I don't have the rest Zeta'd, but I certainly appreciate hers.

I'm one Zeta away from my second Phoenix Zeta and I'm trying to figure out who to do next. I'm currently thinking Zeb because Kanan's Zeta removes debuffs but the debuffs actually heal the characters thanks to Hera's shared ability. So it's one positive cancelling out another.
  • Options
    Sabine and kanan zetad are wonderful. zebs is underwhelming so far, but he is still at g8. I'm zetaing the whole squad. They are the best team for powering through gw. I swap them for resistance on the difficult nodes and I win gw everyday by using only those 2 squads. They are also amazing in territory battles.
  • Options
    I zetad sabine because I couldn’t beat it last time. After I zetad her, I beat it in the first try after I put good mods on them. Her zeta is very helpful in TB and GW as well as that assault battle they just released for Phoenix and nightsisters
  • Options

Uh, thrawn is immune to stun in the event I'm pretty sure .., and zeb can't stagger on his basic/assist
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Uh, thrawn is immune to stun in the event I'm pretty sure .., and zeb can't stagger on his basic/assist

Thrawn can be stunned. You may need a potency cross on Zeb if struggling.
  • Options
    Omg zeta none
  • Options
    @Spasky79
    @CleverWes

My bad, I was mixing it up with the secrets and shadows event where sidious and nihililus are immune to stun
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner