Feedback - General- Regarding the run up to Events.

As has become the norm in run up to events currently. The game offers "double" drops for a select few of the needed units be it characters or ships. I understand this is both to enable Players to get access to the units but also to fuel demand for refreshes and crystal purchases. What I would like to suggest is that double drops be shelved and replaced with 100% drop rate. The time limit could be reduced from 3/4 days to 48 hours. Myself and i believe many others would be more inclined to purchase crystals and refreshes if we knew we where going to get 100% shards in the run up.

As an example lets take the recent BB-8, I was only short First Order Stormtrooper as i'm sure many where due to the nature of the farm for him. Double drops and the refreshes where not appealing to me due to the low drop rates experienced during those times. Call it what you like bad luck or rng but for many it seems the drop rate is lowered. Now if I had been given 100% drop rate even for a reduced 48 hours. I would have bent over backwards to unlock FOST now only would I have spend then, but I would have continued to spend to gear up BB-8 where as now I still have my 6* FOST and a BB-8 that I don't much care for and will languish until I have enough spare resources to waste on him or i decide to grind out FOST.

All in all I think 100% drops over a shorter period of time would generate much more income from pruchases and would also leave players happy knowing their purchases are definately not going to waste.
I fight the good fight

Replies

• Options
    During the double drops for fost I was 84/85 when it started and got 102 shards out of 105 tries close enough to 100% for me
  • Options
    +1
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    During the double drops for fost I was 84/85 when it started and got 102 shards out of 105 tries close enough to 100% for me

WOW, you were very lucky
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Any ideas that benefit you/player base to spend less $ is a bad idea for CG so stop it already. Would you take a thief’s suggestion on how you should secure your home so he can break in easier?
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    Any ideas that benefit you/player base to spend less $ is a bad idea for CG so stop it already. Would you take a thief’s suggestion on how you should secure your home so he can break in easier?

I think you will find I suggested that 100% drop would generate more income due to players being garunteed value for their money. I implore you, please read posts before replying.
    I fight the good fight
  • Options

You are the exception, barely anyone has that kind of luck with drops. I never said it didn't or doesn't happen that players get lucky. I was suggesting that moving from double drops to 100% over a shorter period would be better for both parties. Players and Bean Counters.
    I fight the good fight