Pick the best 2 to add

Which two toons would you run alongside QGJ (L), Lumi, and GS in Arena:

- Poggle
- Sidious
- Daka
- Kylo Ren
- Phasma

Full disclosure: I'm building towards a team that runs Rey and Dooku in those spots, but going to take a while to farm to viabilty.

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Move Sid to leader plus poggle. Top 5 squad
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »

Hm interesting. Was so focused on qgj I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »

Hm interesting. Was so focused on qgj I didn't think of that.

With current team I agree with Phipps QGJ leader not very useful right now when only running two Jedi

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    if not using QGJ as leader isn't he kinda pointless to have? Speed seems important in the current meta
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ can still deal good damage with his assist plus he remove taunt from Poe teams and provide offense up for team if poggle goes down first before he can offensive up everyone. Sid increases QGJ crit % and damage so he hits harder (along with everyone else)

I run Poe with my Sid leader, lumi, poggle, GS squad.

Unfortunately with th current meta of game damage is just about all that matters.

• Options
    I'd keep QG in lead for first turn ally assist, along with GS. Poggles Offense up, while not perfect for your team, does help. But he goes after Sid, QG, and GS. So I'd use QGJ lead, GS, Daka, Lumi probably, and either Poggle for Offense up, or Phasma for Victory March.
  • Options
    @Phipps just so I'm abundantly clear, the idea with a Sid lead is to actually slow down Qui Gon and his Jedi allies so that Poggle can buff before their first move? And having Sid as the lead just adds icing on the cake?

So in an ideal world your first turn looks like... Sid attack/special, Geo special, Poggle buff, Qui Gon special w assist, Lumi special (or heal if you got rocked first turn). That about it?

Very interested in this strategy. I will likely try both, but it sounds like Poggle is probably a smart plug-in maybe even for the long term over Dooku.
  • Options
    I'd keep QG in lead for first turn ally assist, along with GS. Poggles Offense up, while not perfect for your team, does help. But he goes after Sid, QG, and GS. So I'd use QGJ lead, GS, Daka, Lumi probably, and either Poggle for Offense up, or Phasma for Victory March.

I do like the idea of trying to work Daka in there. I have enough experience with her now that I absolutely believe she is the most game-changing toon in the game. It might make sense to do what you suggest and sub her in for Sid... but I want to test out the strategy that @Phipps laid out as well.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    You want Sid lead because of his awesome leader ability of increased crit % plus damage increase. People want to rag on poggle saying he is a 1 trick pony with his buff but I love him. Once you use him it's hard not to anymore because the offensive up buff makes every character you have hit SO MUCH harder. The idea of that team is basically to have multiple guys who can 1 shot the other teams DPS guys. GS and QGJ with their assists do just just that with the poggle buff. Plus his reg has ability block and can still crit for over 5k. Poggle also gets crit % buff from GS passive ability.

I was highly skeptical about poggle before I got him, zero regrets.

As for daka, I admit she is awesome, however her abilities arnt guaranteed with her revive. So sometimes you get those awesome revives and stuns and other match ups she blanks. Poggle guarantees your team on roids (plus it's not geonosian) specific so he will always be useful in the game even if he's not in your starting lineup months down the road
  • Options
    Agree. Good analysis. Thanks!