This game is $100 a month "dollar auction" experiment

For those who are not familiar with this economic theory experiment, it is competitive bidding experiment for auctioning $100 bill and having second highest bidder give up the money he bid. It starts innocently at $1 and escalates to real life experiments in $2000+ ... until someone gives up and takes a loss.
The first day I looked at this game, I said: $100 a month "dollar auction" game.
Google "dollar auction wiki" if you want closer look at this practical economic theory...
The point being, if you spent $2000 and you regret it, you did it exactly as many people before you. To get that $100 a month rank1 daily award.
Now, they have misled about Poe, very very minor injustice, and they remove topics that criticize the game, much more serious injustice, yet ofcause trivial in a scope of things as this being some silly game... however that's that. Don't like it, don't pay/play.

Replies

• XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    except here, at the end of the auction, after you pay they tell you it's actually pesos that you bought and it's only 50... lol
  • Options
    Go home your drunk
  • Options
    Except that all said and done, as a low spender I actually enjoy the game. Hell, f2p it's a fun little time sink and it has the star wars licence so there's some sentimental value. I already went on a huge sort-of-rant sort-of-essay on the Chromium system. Might as well just put the link in my sig, why not.

With some fixing the game could seriously improve both its long term viability and the fun factor for players. I don't think it's as cynical as trying to auction less for more, I think it just needs a nudge in the right direction.
  • Options
    That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Especially when you see rank 1 crystal blocks spending 300 crystals to hold the spot.

It's probably more like $200 per month to hold rank one as you hit diminishing returns pretty quickly with the doubling costs.
  • Options
    Fade5x wrote: »
    Go home your drunk

you're
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Especially when you see rank 1 crystal blocks spending 300 crystals to hold the spot.

It's probably more like $200 per month to hold rank one as you hit diminishing returns pretty quickly with the doubling costs.

Well, I thought it would be understood that 500 crystal a day times 30 days in a month equals to 15K crystal, or $100 USD if you buy it
  • Options
    bump, some people still do not understand what this game really is