Best mods for a non-Chopper squad?

I know it would be easier with Chopper instead of Sabine, but that's not an option for me this time around.

Right now, my squad is Hera (g8), Ezra (10), Zeb (8), Kanan (8), Sabine (8). I have the gear to make Hera, Zeb, or Kanan g9, but I'd prefer to save it for others if I can.

My question is about mods. What is the best approach to modding the characters to get the best chance of completing tier VII? What is the key stat or stats that I need to be focusing on for each character?

Replies

• Options
    Hera speed, Ezra speed, Sabine Crit chance + Crit damage, Zeb and Kanan as much protection/health as possible. Use Ezra's assist with everyone WITHOUT Sabine(or chopper if you use him). You Hera's Assist attack with ZEB. This is a key in winning the battle. All of the enemies in the last phase gain a lot of TM when you attack them. Your best chance of beating T7 is to Daze them all with Zeb.
  • Options
    Hera speed, Ezra speed, Sabine Crit chance + Crit damage, Zeb and Kanan as much protection/health as possible. Use Ezra's assist with everyone WITHOUT Sabine(or chopper if you use him). You Hera's Assist attack with ZEB. This is a key in winning the battle. All of the enemies in the last phase gain a lot of TM when you attack them. Your best chance of beating T7 is to Daze them all with Zeb.

Thanks! If I do end up needing that extra gear level, who do you recommend that I put it on? Kanan for tankiness? Hera for survivability of her lead ability?
  • Options
    "Use Ezra's assist with everyone WITHOUT Sabine (or chopper if you use him)"

Sorry @Crazylazyguy, what do you mean here? Who do I call in for Ezra's assist? I've tried with Zeb, and with Sabine, with the same results

Like the OP, I don't have Chopper (Since the first time round this event everyone said use Sabine instead of Chopper, so I havent farmed him past 5 star)

I have G10 (near 11) Ezra at 209 speed, Hera G9 at 198, others G8, but all with speed arrows. Should I put a prot or health arrow on Zeb or Kanan instead then? I have potency cross on Zeb and hera.

Have tried a gazillion times and got down to just Thrawn about 5 times, normally with 3 people left, but I just cant burn him down. His protection seems to last forever, and his attacks often kill a character. One attack even stops them being revived by the backup plan buff. Kanan is normally dying early, and then you lose the counter chance which isn't helping.

Kill order: Detaunt ST with Ezra, then DTs, then ST (If he's left) then other guys, Thrawn last.
  • Options
    I finished it last night with Sabine. All g8, ezra g 9. Had to switch my mods around, but I finally got it.
  • Options
    I did end up getting it done without spending my gear. I didn't think I was going to, because I put all my best mods on them and it just wasn't going well. The best I could do was getting to Thrawn all by himselfwith two or three toons left standing, and he would knock them all out before they even emptied his protection.

Then the RNG was with me. Somehow, without changing a thing about my squad or strategy, I ended up with all five alive and 50%+ protection each against Thrawn. Easy from there.
  • Options
    I finished it last night with Sabine. All g8, ezra g 9. Had to switch my mods around, but I finally got it.

What were your mods cause I'm in the same boat and getting wreaked
  • Options
    Finally did it. You just have to keep at it. You can do it !!

The thing that seemed to make a difference to me, was taking the speed arrow off kanan, replacing all mods I could with protection primary, and putting a crit avoidance arrow on him. I could instantly tell his survivability went up, and put backup plan and taunt on him whenever I could.Same with Zeb, although I did keep the speed arrow in the end, best protection secondaries and primaries you have.

I used the protection up specials for zeb and kanan to protect anyone low health.
    I taunted kanan whenever I knew I could put backup plan on him soon (check hera's tm)
    I never used Sabine's AoE, as i'm assuming that gives them all turn meter.
    Once DTs are down, EVERY assist from ezra and hera, call in Zeb. Dont think calling Ezra with more damage will help, it wont. You want Zeb's Daze to land twice to stun people (especially Thrawn at the end).
    For DTs, if they have high tm, or are already dazed call in Zeb. If low tm, call in Sabine.
    If Kanan or Sabine die, its not the end of the world. But You really need Hera, Ezra and Zeb to get Thrawn down. I had just those 3 left and 3 of them, and managed to do it. Thrawn was stunned a couple of times with the assists.
    I used Zeb's stagger on the DTs if his protection up was on cooldown.
    Kill order as everyone says. Detaunt ST, DTs, Finsih ST, Others, Thrawn.

Not sure these are perfect, but in case this helps anyone, here are the mods.

Ezra G10: 210 speed, one health set, one CD set. Speed arrow, Prot circle, CD triangle
    Hera G9: 197 speed, one defense, one health, one potency set. Speed arrow, Prot circle, CD triangle
    Zeb G8: 159 speed, one potency, 2 health sets. Speed arrow, Prot circle, Prot triangle, Potency cross
    Kanan G8: 95 speed, 1 health, 1 tenacity, 1 CC set. Crit avoidance arrow, prot circle, triangle and cross.
    Sabine G8: 172 speed, 1 crit dmg, 1 health set. Speed arrow, crit dmg triangle, prot circle.

Ironically my winning run i'd actually left the cross off Sabine entirely, as it was a protection one, and I put it on kanan. She died pretty early.

Good luck guys, keep at it !