problem ship shard

There have been other very well articulated and better written posts regarding a nightmare ship shard for which I am a part of- my question is if there is anything that can be done to help those in the problem ship shard? (i.e. split us up etc)

Replies

• Options
    copying from the bugs section a much better written post regarding this issue---

So firstly, this is not a complaint about ships in general, more about a specific shard. The following https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5f26t7/abnormally_competitive_ship_arena_shard/ was posted a short while after ships was launched and the basic theme of the post was:
    Ship shards were determined by start date, player level and arena power (similar to the calculation that drives GW nodes)
    The above worked for most player start dates given it would only have a slight bias towards creating slightly more active or less active shards
    However, for players who started in July-September 2016, the calculation failed because it put a disproportionate amount of both active players and spenders into one shard given only players ranking high enough in their arena shards would lead them to qualify for this shard
    While only CG or EA can give tangible data on shard activity, here are a few data points to give people an indication of the competitiveness of this shard:
    Recently counted around 10 players with a GP above 3 million on this shard, in addition there are several more approaching this figure. The top 50 by GP would rank as a top 5 guild
    Players who finish top 3 at their payouts typically have to battle up from ranks below 70 every day which often requires multiple refreshes. My worst experience was going to bed at rank five and waking up 144, others have woken-up even lower
    I'm on a shard chat with north of 50 people, there are many who rank highly in their arena shards who have simply given up on this shard. Even with mass coordination, scheming and collusion, this shard has become a real source of frustration given the effort required on a daily basis to maintain rank
    If everyone was in the same boat it would not be such an issue. However, because this shard took in so many active players, other shards from the same vintage are much quieter and players can seemingly hold rank only fighting a fraction of the battles. With the new crystal rewards implemented, it seems grossly unfair that certain players will be effectively inheriting several thousand more crystals a month for significantly less effort
    I would greatly appreciate a response on this issue. The fair thing to do would be to redistribute players or simply place them on the same shard as per arena
  • Options
    is there any possible way this could get looked into or could we please have a response?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Collusion.
    (Outside of getting in touch with the top players and finding out everyone’s payout times so that you can try and ask to be left alone so you don’t move down so much during the day. )
    Besides that not much you can do.
    I place first at payout, my fleet power is 437 047
    And I get bumped by opponents with fleet power that is 355 978.
    So it doesn’t matter how strong you are. Fleet is about playing.
    Lots of people don’t play fleet much.
    Like you said, you go from 5 to 144.
    But once you start playing you go back up to 5.
    That’s very impressive. But think of the whales that have maxed out fleets and still get knocked down easily.
    Will no one think of the whales. :-(

Lol
  • HansSnah
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am part of this ship shard and since the latest update have decided to go full F2P.

The reason is simple. As stated in the post above, this shard harbours hundreds of extremely active players. If I ask around in my guild, I can tell you for certain, that my fleet would easily camp in the top 50 (probably much higher) in other shards with players who played longer than I have. In the current shard, I have to sometimes buy a refresh to even remain in the top 500.

As an example, you can see that at place 239 there was a 400k+ fleet only shortly after they released the packs:

https://imgur.com/a/LjRk3

This shard is extremely competitive, and with the recent introduction of crystals, also very unfair, I think.I have written a complaint on this already quite some time ago (directly to support), but the messages were ignored. If anyone can come up with a reasonably good way to statistically document this unfair shard, please let me know. I will be happy to ask around and collect data.
  • Options
  • Options
    Same here. This shard is ridiculously competitive. Have given up on ships (and the game for large parts) thanks to these recent changes. It's laughable that a maxed out meta-fleet drops to 500 or worse if you don't pay for refreshes.

I support any kind of change with respect to this issue. Anything is better than the current situation
  • Mattos
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Look at my shard. I'm pretty sure it is intentional, put whales with whales and whales will become bigger.

671wdk.png
  • Options
    This is the shard that i am on and referring to
  • Options
    This is the shard that i am on and referring to

lol. ;D

I wanted to point out that there is another thread on this issue:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137475/distorted-ship-shard/p1