How can you beat this guy

I have all my tools 7 stared gear 9 and with everything but zetas all 5 dot mods and cannot beat Thrawn what gives CG

Replies

• Options
    Apparently it's all about speed mods which I don't have since I'm a new player.
    I have 2 gear 10 and rest gear 9 , lots of omegas and all 5 star mods. My best speed mods add only +50. Very disappointing that I can't beat it
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    It is about strategy. Are you using Chopper or Sabine? Best to use chopper for his dispel. I was able to beat it with Ezra G10, Chopper G7, and the rest G8. It is all about strategy.

First you have to try and remove the taunt from the tank.

Then dispel the 2 deathtroopers THEN kill them. They do tons of damage

With Zeb, try and either stun the deathtroopers or stun Thrawn
  • Options
    Im using chopper thx for the strategy I will give that a try
  • Options
    I gave lots of protection to Kanan on his mods, that helped I think.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    See I'm using Sabine instead and I don't have chopper at 7 yet and won't until a while after the event. Everyone is gear 8 plus Ezra is great 9 with all of them having plus 50 or so speed from mods alone I can get exact speeds is someone asks
  • Options
    Gohan0406 wrote: »
    It is about strategy. Are you using Chopper or Sabine? Best to use chopper for his dispel. I was able to beat it with Ezra G10, Chopper G7, and the rest G8. It is all about strategy.

First you have to try and remove the taunt from the tank.

Then dispel the 2 deathtroopers THEN kill them. They do tons of damage

With Zeb, try and either stun the deathtroopers or stun Thrawn

I am doing all of these and still can't beat this event. I remove the taunt and try to focus down the DT's but I always seem to loose one or two toons before I can kill both of them. Thrawn's fracture is one shotting my Hera, and he always seems to get her right after Choppers taunt disappears.... Level 10 for Ezra and 8 for the rest, best mods I have, as much protection as possible, and still I get owned. The furthest i've gotten is 4 enemies dead. I can't find the one thing I'm doing wrong with this event. That or I have the worst luck, I'll just waste all of my free time for the next three days trying to beat this.
  • Options
    I played for a few hours and finally did it with g8 and speed mods.

Its a lot of luck, mostly on what the ai decides to do.

Remember, the way the game works, they will either wipe you out completely or you will wipe them out. Theres little in between so dont get discourged on a total wipe.

Here are the key parts that needed to happen for me (chopper):

When the round starts, zeb cant stun the storm trooper. This can happen with counter attacking from the death troopers. This way the storm trooper burns his taunt, on top of his pretaunt.

Ezra dispels the taunt.

Thrawn locks down either chopper or maybe kanan, but chopper is preferred (he was my weakest)

Zeb staggers one dt (to drop buff), and the rest kill the other before the commanders heal. (If you kill both dt's, its easy street from here)

Use hera and ezra assists with zeb to lock down thrawn.

Kill the commanders

Kill the storm trooper

Kill thrawn, but be sure to keep him stun locked.
  • Options
    Cleared it a couple hours ago.
    Ezra g10, Zeb g7, rest, including Sabine, g8. No chopper. Stripped my arena team of speed mods and put them on, Ezra having the highest speed followed by Kanan for taunt and then Hera for revive. No godlike mods. You need the rng to work in your favor but it can be done for sure!

First fracture must land on Zeb, first dispel on opponents taunt must hit and then you kill the death troopers followed by Thrawn. Close call but Ezra rose up to the occasion and killed the healing dudes pretty much alone!
  • Options
    Karlos wrote: »
    Ezra g10, Zeb g7, rest, including Sabine, g8. No chopper. Stripped my arena team of speed mods and put them on, Ezra having the highest speed followed by Kanan for taunt and then Hera for revive. No godlike mods. You need the rng to work in your favor but it can be done for sure!

First fracture must land on Zeb, first dispel on opponents taunt must hit and then you kill the death troopers followed by Thrawn. Close call but Ezra rose up to the occasion and killed the healing dudes pretty much alone!

Congrats, and that's an interesting strategy. Not too many people kill Thrawn anywhere other than last. OP, keep Karlos' post in mind and it might be smart to make your team have the same turn order his did.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Karlos wrote: »

Congrats, and that's an interesting strategy. Not too many people kill Thrawn anywhere other than last. OP, keep Karlos' post in mind and it might be smart to make your team have the same turn order his did.

Be prepared to try 50+ times though... Got some timely stuns with Zeb (who survived fracture due to Kanans taunt) on Thrawn that helped for sure! Potency is key on him.
  • Options
    Update: I just beat Thrawn thanks for all the advice from everyone I ended up using chopper removing the taunt wiped the death troopers then took out the healers I just kept offense down on Thrawn as much as I could and kept the taunter staggered using chopper to reduce my cool downs but most of all it was just lucky RNG
  • boomerd
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Update: I just beat Thrawn thanks for all the advice from everyone I ended up using chopper removing the taunt wiped the death troopers then took out the healers I just kept offense down on Thrawn as much as I could and kept the taunter staggered using chopper to reduce my cool downs but most of all it was just lucky RNG

Ditto and thank you much for that. I'd like to nominate you for the next open Mod position... I guess my previous point was lost, as perhaps I didn't elaborate enough in my frustration. There have been many, many (methods) posted to beat the Thrawn event, many which contradict each other, which does demonstrate there absolutely is RNG involved, not really a surprise IMO. Honestly, if you run it enough times with the necessary gear and levels, you will eventually win it, the numbers/ results show that in guild and forum discussions and it really is no different then other events, just more runs to complete it on average.
    IGN: l l BOOM l l
    SPECTRE SW
  • Options
    Treybert wrote: »
    I played for a few hours and finally did it with g8 and speed mods.

Its a lot of luck, mostly on what the ai decides to do.

Remember, the way the game works, they will either wipe you out completely or you will wipe them out. Theres little in between so dont get discourged on a total wipe.

Here are the key parts that needed to happen for me (chopper):

When the round starts, zeb cant stun the storm trooper. This can happen with counter attacking from the death troopers. This way the storm trooper burns his taunt, on top of his pretaunt.

Ezra dispels the taunt.

Thrawn locks down either chopper or maybe kanan, but chopper is preferred (he was my weakest)

Zeb staggers one dt (to drop buff), and the rest kill the other before the commanders heal. (If you kill both dt's, its easy street from here)

Use hera and ezra assists with zeb to lock down thrawn.

Kill the commanders

Kill the storm trooper

Kill thrawn, but be sure to keep him stun locked.

I finally did it using this as a strategy. Not only did I beat it I did it with five toons at full health and almost full protection.
  • Options
    I hate this so much