A mobile game

Saraleb
2070 posts Member
Well stop me if im wrong but this is a game to play on your mobile phone...

Ive been playing since Dec 2015 and trust me ive been proved wrong before.. for example

Mods i thought was a terrible idea (saw what it did to great mmorpg games) and it turned out the biggest thing that almost to break this game.. with the quick fixes and modgate etc (still dont like mods and the mechanics but now essential)

Guilds i thought just it was too much for the game but tbh prob only reason im still playing now.. being an officer in a great guild and friends i have made

I just cant help but feel this game has well got to big for itself.. dont get me wrong i love it and very much addicted hence the nearly two years play time but wow lol when i look back on this time in my life a big part of it will be this game...

People scream for more content then cry its too much... they want X toon finally and should be op but when its here its the reverse.. we now have to practically farm every faction to then unlock something thats then needed for the next shiny thing which will only get out dated next release... LOL I GET IT THATS THE IDEA...

But the game i joined near the start of it all wasnt that.. games evolve.. new content should come along or people wont play anymore.. just wish it wasnt such a way where it turned out pay up asap or miss it and when you get a chance next will be irrelevant as new shiny things will be there...

To be clear this is not a rant post cause i didnt unlock someone or thing.. ive done it with most that have been released.. but i remembered why i started this game... it was star wars.. i got to fight with known (and unknown toons) i played on train to and from work whilst also surfing web.. intermittent in the day...

Now... all the train journeys... heck every toilet and smoke break.. when i get home and finish off when mrs goes bed.... guess im back to my initial subject/question.... A mobile game ?

Replies

• Ruivussan
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Remember Star Wars Assault Team? I had 5 of those anti-jedi monsters in my lineup. Taratek or something.

This is the only mobile game I have on my phone.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    If it wasn't Star Wars I wouldn't have even bothered playing for more than probably a few days.

I can't get into mobile games like Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Summoner's War, etc. because I could care less about vesting entertainment time to the likes of fairy toot toot boy, one eyed goblin monster, witch girl satan, generic demon, and nameless knight with fire sword.

SWGOH and DC Legends are the only two mobile games I've played for more than a year on a consistent basis. They are both extremely casual / F2P friendly and licensed fanboy properties I like.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    We wanted new content, not cookie cutter battles with wave after wave after wave of the same enemies.

We wanted an easing of the gear crunch, so they emptied the fleet store and replaced it with the shard shop. I haven't seen carbanti in that shop in 4 days and yet Stun Guns show up almost half the time, Stun cuffs show maybe once every couple of days, and Carbanti have become almost a permanent fixture in crystal shipments.

We wanted an easing of the pack prices so they have went up, and they eliminated the crystal pack that many so called F2P still bought.

They listen to what they want to listen to.

• Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    If it wasn't Star Wars I wouldn't have even bothered playing for more than probably a few days.

I can't get into mobile games like Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Summoner's War, etc. because I could care less about vesting entertainment time to the likes of fairy toot toot boy, one eyed goblin monster, witch girl satan, generic demon, and nameless knight with fire sword.

SWGOH and DC Legends are the only two mobile games I've played for more than a year on a consistent basis. They are both extremely casual / F2P friendly and licensed fanboy properties I like.

giphy.gif

Same, all of my friends play those games and I just don’t see the point to it
  • Options
    Before SWGOH, the only mobile game I ever played was Snake. I just don't do mobile games. Then on a cold day in November 2015, an unknown Force made me open Google Play and they showed me SWGOH, which I downloaded immediately ...

Sometimes I wish I would have just gone for a bike ride that day instead. But here I am, still playing this game and most of the time enjoying it.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I started playing this game during one of the most poopy times of my life (going through a divorce).

It has kept my attention and kept my mind engaged when life just stinks.

It has also expanded my knowledge of and love for Star Wars and the extended universe. I've started reading some of the books like Zahn's original Thrawn Trilogy.

I've also made some friends with guildmates and arena shardmates.

Do I play it too much/spend too much time and money on it? Yes. But it has created a context for community and I have very much enjoyed it.

I plan to never play another game to the extent that I have this but I will enjoy the ride while it lasts.

The only thing that I DONT like about it is the fact that it IS a mobile game.

It's not on a PC. It's in my pocket. Something that does not mix well with my ADD.

• Options
    I started playing this game during one of the most poopy times of my life (going through a divorce).

It has kept my attention and kept my mind engaged when life just stinks.

It has also expanded my knowledge of and love for Star Wars and the extended universe. I've started reading some of the books like Zahn's original Thrawn Trilogy.

I've also made some friends with guildmates and arena shardmates.

Do I play it too much/spend too much time and money on it? Yes. But it has created a context for community and I have very much enjoyed it.

I plan to never play another game to the extent that I have this but I will enjoy the ride while it lasts.

The only thing that I DONT like about it is the fact that it IS a mobile game.

It's not on a PC. It's in my pocket. Something that does not mix well with my ADD.

Sorry about the divorce man, I hope you find love soon.