How I got 7* Thrawn

Gjgfthbjgfbjvzsgbjuh
42 posts Member
edited October 2017
Ok, I called people liars who said they beat Thrawn with gear 8 and for the most part I was wrong. First, my squad. Then, the tactics.

Hera gear 10, 197 speed
Sabine gear 9, 198 speed
Kanan gear 8, 157 speed
Geb gear 8, 180 speed
Chopper gear 7, 227 speed

You guys have probably seen tons of squad lists like that and say "so what, I still can't beat it."
I was there with you. Frustrated, confused. I was seriously going to zeta someone just to complete the event. But then, this happened.

I get to round 4 and everyone behaves totally different than before. I debuff the taunt and the storm trooper never taunts again. The death troopers didn't use their terminate ability even once. Thrawn only one shot'ed the people with back up plan on them. I finished round 4 with my entire squad alive!

The only conclusion I can make is that the RNG gods are real. I know you're feeling hopeless but keep at it and be ready when the subs show up instead of the real Thrawn.

BTW no apologies for calling you liars :)

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for this. I got the subs once and was inches from defeating Thrawn, but died :( now I'm continually searching for that RNG God's sweet, sweet graces. Oh RNJesus, hear my pleas...
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I called people liars who said they beat Thrawn with gear 8 and for the most part I was wrong. First, my squad. Then, the tactics.

Hera gear 10, 197 speed
    Sabine gear 9, 198 speed
    Kanan gear 8, 157 speed
    Geb gear 8, 180 speed
    Chopper gear 7, 227 speed

You guys have probably seen tons of squad lists like that and say "so what, I still can't beat it."
    I was there with you. Frustrated, confused. I was seriously going to zeta someone just to complete the event. But then, this happened.

I get to round 4 and everyone behaves totally different than before. I debuff the taunt and the storm trooper never taunts again. The death troopers didn't use their terminate ability even once. Thrawn only one shot'ed the people with back up plan on them. I finished round 4 with my entire squad alive!

The only conclusion I can make is that the RNG gods are real. I know you're feeling hopeless but keep at it and be ready when the subs show up instead of the real Thrawn.

BTW no apologies for calling you liars :)
    Yeah, but Thrawn oneshots any of my toons with his basic attack every single time.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Holy hell, I actually got him!
  • Options

My team was no chopper, G10 Hera, and G8 everyone else, omegas on their uniques. I took my mods off my arena team so all of Phoenix was ~200 speed. About 10 tries in I got really close, had all the adds dead and Thrawn down to about 25%. Besides that attempt I was getting stomped every time, but that attempt gave me hope. Took me 2 hours, but I finally had the RNG gods smile on me and I finished him off with 3 toons standing, 7 stars are mine!
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Huzzah! I finally got him after reading this thread (and 50 other threads)! I might have had +200 tries (no exaggeration). Maybe half the tries were auto, or auto till round 3 to setup my cooldowns.

Chopper: g8, 14k health, 13.6k prot, 214 speed, 29% potency, 31% tenacity. Speed + pot mods
    Kanan: g8, 22.4k health, 14.5k pot, 128 speed, 18% pot, 24% ten. Health + defense mods
    Zeb: g8, 18.8k health, 13.5k prot, 165 speed, 61% pot, 23% ten. Health + 2x pot mods
    Ezra: g8, 13k health, 13.7k prot, 181 speed, 39% pot, 25% ten. CD + CC mods
    Hera: g7, 13k health, 5k prot, 176 speed, 10% pot, 35% ten. Speed + health mods.

Even though I was sitting here reading these forums and auto-ing through, and literally just finished, I can't remember what RNG happened to get me over the hump. Thrawn's fracture usually ended in a dead character, and this time he still killed Zeb halfway through, but I managed to finish it with the other 4.

Some notes:
    • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Thrawn's Fracture causes 100% counter-attack chances from him, otherwise I would've been screwed when it was just Thrawn.
    • Kill order is the same as everyone else said: remove taunt, remove Death Trooper buff (Zeb's Stagger must be used on one of them), stun/kill the DT. At this point, you have 2 Commanders, 1 Stormtrooper, Thrawn. I focused down the Commanders, then ST, then Thrawn, but I also spread around Kanan's debuff b/c Zeb was already dead. THAT might have been it... Hera + Ezra's assists called Kanan, who also taunted, so there was 1-2 rounds where 3 or 4 enemies had Kanan's debuff (-50% offense!) on them, which let me recover health/prot for a bit and survive the next Fracture.
    • I also used Ezra to call Hera 1-2 times at this point, to speed up her TM and get a second Backup Plan going (previous Backup Plan was still on a Fractured Kanan).
    • I had been saving Flourish to remove debuffs, but that was a mistake. After the opening taunt, and the 2 opening buffs on the DTs, there's nothing else critical to remove. You might want to save it for the Stormtrooper's 2nd taunt, but I think it's also OK to just use Flourish as a huge damage dealer on someone who doesn't have any buffs.
    • One key to getting at least halfway through the battle (which you've probably seen if you're combing the forums) is a good opening round. The ST Taunt needs to be removed early in your round, and at least 1 DT buff needs to be removed too. Ezra, Zeb's (only works on DTs), and Chopper's specials need to be up and ready, and at least 2 need to land on the debuffs to have a prayer.

There's a couple more things that I can't remember right now. I might edit this after I calm down some and finish fixing my mods.

Good luck!
  • Protopotopus
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Calx wrote: »

Ezra: g8, 13k health, 13.7k prot, 181 speed, 39% pot, 25% ten. CD + CC mods
    Hera: g7, 13k health, 5k prot, 176 speed, 10% pot, 35% ten. Speed mods
    [*] I also used Ezra to call Hera 1-2 times at this point, to speed up her TM and get a second Backup Plan going (previous Backup Plan was still on a Fractured Kanan).

Good luck!

Thanks man!
    I make about two hundreds tryes with wery fast Ezra (to call Zeb and Kanan) and Hera with many pot. to Expose Thrawn. You make my day :)

view?usp=drivesdk
  • Options
    I wanna replay this event. It was fun and stressful.