My Mediocre Gear 8 Squad got 7* Thrawn.

Ravib
106 posts Member
edited October 2017
If you are Gear 8 with Level 80 toons and still haven’t got Thrawn, I’ve been there. This event is pure luck. You know the strategy. I thought the gear 8 people were lying too. Just keep trying and hopefully the RNG Gods will let you win.
My Squad: https://swgoh.gg/u/ravib/collection/?f=phoenix
Proof: 2a6uvcj.png

Replies

• Options
    Are those the same mods you used for the event?
    Cause my guys are way faster but I'm using Sabine instead and still not doing well.
    How many tries did it take you?
  • Options
    Cause my guys are way faster but I'm using Sabine instead and still not doing well.
    Same team. Same mods. Took me hundreds of tries.
  • Options
    Ravib wrote: »
    Same team. Same mods. Took me hundreds of tries.

I believe it. Those mods aren't quite as good as the ones I saw used, but your gear on chopper and Ezra is higher. Took dozens of tries for that team too.
  • Options
    I don't know the strategy, can you tell me? :smile:
  • Options
    luis1210 wrote: »
    I don't know the strategy, can you tell me? :smile:
    Debuff the taunter, but be careful because he can taunt again. Debuff the Deathtroopers as soon as you can. Kill the Deathtroopers first. Don’t touch Thrawn until the end. After you kill the Deathtroopers, you should be ok. If you have 4-5 toons left, you can win. Just watch out for Thrawn’s oneshot and use Backup plan and taunt when you can. Kill the healers and the Stormtrooper. Thrawn has a huge ton of health, so you’ll want to stun him as many times as you can with Zeb. If Thrawn fractures, daze him so he can’t counter. Then kill him. This strategy is purely based on luck.
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I must rely on luck since my phoenix are undergeared, all of them VIII except Kanan in VII. I do have some mods on them though.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    May not have spent the 1M to upgrade him yet. Also the site updates like once or twice a day...
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Why is Thrawn only showing as 6* in your inventory. Not sure how the site you linked to works. Is it current?
    What? I thought it updated today. I swear I’m not lying.
    Here’s another screenshot if you don’t believe me.
    32zi141.png
  • Options
    I can confirm - This strategy works. https://swgoh.gg/u/gr33doshotfirst/collection/. (I got him last night and SWGOH.GG will update to show 7 Stars this afternoon).
    Debuff the taunter, but be careful because he can taunt again. Debuff the Deathtroopers as soon as you can. Kill the Deathtroopers first. Don’t touch Thrawn until the end. After you kill the Deathtroopers, you should be ok. If you have 4-5 toons left, you can win. Just watch out for Thrawn’s oneshot and use Backup plan and taunt when you can. Kill the healers and the Stormtrooper. Thrawn has a huge ton of health, so you’ll want to stun him as many times as you can with Zeb. If Thrawn fractures, daze him so he can’t counter. Then kill him. This strategy is purely based on luck.

I'd just add that my Kanan could take 2 rounds of hits when taunting, but would get killed quickly after, so I usually put backup plan on him either right before or right after I taunted. I did preemptively taunt with him, before my other characters needed it. Once his taunt came off, I immediately taunted with Chopper to let Kanan heal a little.

I did not hit Thrawn until he was the only enemy left.

I ran my teams through dozens of times (it felt like hundreds)...I did attempt this for several hours on multiple days. I shuffled mods and farmed Gear...Eventually when I got the RNG Luck, I ended up beating Thrawn w/out losing a single toon....If you want to easily defeat Thrawn, I would guess you'd need at least Gear 10, maxed abilities and level 85.