Farming MK 5s

Zoj
46 posts Member
I currently have an absurd backlog of characters who need 50 of either the Mk 5 Droid Caller salvage, or the Mk 5 Fusion Furnace salvage to reach Gear Lvl IX. I know that I'm not the only player to experience this situation.

Before the recent changes, I could very slowly but consistently farm these pieces of salvage in the Shard Shop.

As it stands now, I can consistently find them in the Guild Store, or buy them in Shipments. Every so often, Pit Raids drop them as well. While this salvage does appear elsewhere in the game, it does not do so with reliable consistency.

My accumulation of this salvage has gone from a slow trickle to practically halted because I could produce character shards -- and, thus, Shard Store Tokens -- much, much more quickly and efficiently than Guild Tokens, even as a top tier contributor to Pit Raids and Tank Takedowns.

My assumption is that this salvage, which obviously everyone needs, was relocated to the Guild Store so that players would become frustrated with an even slower grind and, eventually, spend money on the game.

Which is fine, I suppose. I don't want to sound sour, because I'm not. I grind. A lot. And every once and awhile I spend modestly to enhance my experience of the game.

But, I'd have to drop serious money to remedy the ever growing backlog I now face. And, as I said earlier, I'm not the only player in this situation.

EA didn't precisely create a PtP wall, but close enough, and I hope they address this issue.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't relocated to the guild store, it was always in the guild store. And it's also still in shard shop, it just now rotates with other things that many people also need. There are a lot of conspiracy theories about why various changes are made, but I have a hard time buying that they were just trying to make it harder to get droid caller and furnace parts given that I don't think I know *anybody* who actually bought those pieces out of shard shop.
  • Zoj
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't relocated to the guild store, it was always in the guild store. And it's also still in shard shop, it just now rotates with other things that many people also need. There are a lot of conspiracy theories about why various changes are made, but I have a hard time buying that they were just trying to make it harder to get droid caller and furnace parts given that I don't think I know *anybody* who actually bought those pieces out of shard shop.

Ah, I love the internet, where nitpicks jump at the opportunity to condescend.

First. My humblest of apologies. "Relocated" is a disingenuous word to use, whereas "Shop" is the wrong word to use, as it's actually called the Shard Store. My small mistake.

This doesn't change the fact, however, that the salvage to which I refer does not *consistently* appear in the Shard Store any longer. I could grind shards, go to the Shard Store, and acquire a few of either salvage every day. Not any more.

Next. I'm saddened to hear that you don't think you know anybody who acquired the salvage in question from the Shard Store. That's unfortunate. I do know, for a fact, that I could and did farm both kinds of Mk 5s regularly, as I've pointed out already. It may have been a grind, but it was steady.

As for my assumption, it's just an assumption. The fundamental fact remains: After the recent changes, it is now harder to acquire these pieces of gear salvage. Perhaps this is because both kinds of salvage now appear in the Guild Events Store on occasion? Who knows.