Resistance Team Batting Order

I just put a zeta on Finn and now I need the team to maximize its effect. I always used R2 in place of Trooper, but do you need Trooper to make the zeta effect truely powerful? Would the zeta work if you took out 2 members for the 2 droids?

Replies

• Options
    Requirement for a resistance team is; Finn, Poe, and Trooper. R2 is always good and the last slot is usually Pilot or raid Han. BB is only worth it in the raids or TB
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    zFinn, Poe and RT are key to making the expose/TM circus work. Add in R2 for extra stun (makes stun locking the entire opposite team easier) and AOE (to hit that single exposed, non-taunting enemy for more TM). The fifth player can be anything really.

I would either go with more exposes or high DPS.

Anything that adds more exposes could also be an asset. zSid does that on a AOE basis, which could be pretty awesome. RP is obvious, as he has the right faction. Stormtrooper has possibly expose on his basic, which could also contribute.

Rey is a good choice for her resistance synergy with R2 and she deals massive damage with her specials.

As an alternative any toon big on DPS would do. I sometimes use Kylo just for fun, and the obvious pun of him working together with Finn and Poe :) Ezra with his great offence and ability to call assists for an expose from RT, could also be great.

There is a lot of options.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Trooper is essential. If you want both droids, take out pilot and Rey...but I think I would go either/or on the droids. Depends where you're using them though.
  • Options
    Frankly I don't think r2 is worth it. Better to go with the old 5 core and yes trooper is really really important. Also something many don't realize is only poe really needs speed focus
  • Options
    You must have:

Fast poe to taunt/expose first
    ZFinn
    RT

I would urge you to run BB8 (a very fast one) .. last one I prefer RP over Rey
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    In the end it depends on what you are using them for. R2 is an absolute requirement for any attempt at P3 hAAT since his smokescreen eliminates counters. BB8 makes TB an even bigger walk in the park than it used to be for resistance, and pairing him with Pilot for the 4 and 5 spots can make for huge damage in P2. If P4 is where you are going to use them though, Zeta Rey can get you a solo. For arena R2 + raid Han are probably the best additions to the core 3...

But those core 3 are non-negotiable. Finn, Poe, Trooper. build them first, and then move forward from there based on what you want the team to do.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm going to follow through with this advice for sure.
  • Options
    You need to pop 3 Exposes to reset Poe's cooldown. When Poe fails to Expose multiple targets (and he will), you will need to make up the difference with the rest of your team. RT only has 65% chance to Expose; when he fails too, you may find things quickly getting out of hand. That's why I like to bring RP along as well to reduce the risk of a prolonged Expose drought.
    Rey is good for damage, but BB8 is better for the team by boosting Potency and ability to regen protection and apply Expose as well. Plus, he can nail a tenacious foe (CLS, Thrawn) with Tenacity Down.
    If the other team has an auto-taunter, bring R2 instead of RP so he can AOE.