To Those Struggling to Beat Thrawn

Thor_Odinson1
1995 posts Member
edited October 2017
Keep at it!

When Yoda first came out a year and a half ago, I was intent on getting him. As a relatively new and F2P contestant, I fought my best...and failed. I didn't have all the characters I needed.

So months later I tried again, this time with everyone I needed at 7*. And it was HARD. Yoda was so OP that I spent hours and hours trying to beat him. You couldn't use Luminara to heal because Yoda would steal that HoT buff. QGJ was so squishy that a couple hits took him down. On top of that, Yoda's tenacity was so high you couldn't land debuffs like stun with Eeth Koth (yeah this was back when we thought he could be good).

After hours and hours of restarting trying to get the right adds next to Yoda and the right RNG, I finally emerged victorious!

So you who struggle with Thrawn can do the same!

Of course, you can also hope they nerf the Thrawn event difficulty through the floor like they did with the Yoda event the day after I beat it. Whatever works for you.

Replies

• Options
    I spent about 5 hours trying with Sabine over Chopper - I was convinced it was impossible with gear 8 but above average mods.

It actually reminded me of the fight against Beatrix in FF9 (which you may remember WAS impossible).

Then I saw a very helpful post on here which suggested swapping mods for Kanan and Zeb to as much defense/protection over speed as possible and won on the third try.

Don't give up!
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    C0aFH5u.png

That´s enough to get 7*Thrawn. Omega´s Unique Kanan,Hera,Chopper
    Safe up all special kills in the second round and kill the Stormtrooper in the last row first and than the next one +DT´s+Thrawn. (If you can, remove the buff from DT)

Put your best Mods on them + full protection on Kanan/Zeb/chopper.

You can run it with auto + good RNG. It´s possible. Dont give up guy´s!

Edit: I think weaker players need more gear because I have relatively good mods

• Options
    It’s all about the speed
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i enjoyed the thrawn event most out of all the legendary events. Didn't have enough 7* jedi to clear yoda pre-nerf unfortunately, that one might have been a good challenge. Pretty much all of em were too easy with the characters i had at the time. g8/9 seems to be the sweetspot, challenging but do-able.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I ran ezra and chopper at g10, the rest at g8 and didn’t use Sabine. Took 6 battles but I was successful. Super tough.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i enjoyed the thrawn event most out of all the legendary events. Didn't have enough 7* jedi to clear yoda pre-nerf unfortunately, that one might have been a good challenge. Pretty much all of em were too easy with the characters i had at the time. g8/9 seems to be the sweetspot, challenging but do-able.

It was very challenging. The nerf was too much from what I saw.
  • Options
    If there's a way to swap accounts with some of the people who got Thrawn in maximum 5 tries, just to ruin their week and sleep, and me standing here and encourage them 3:) muahahaha
  • Options
    ExSoldier wrote: »
    If there's a way to swap accounts with some of the people who got Thrawn in maximum 5 tries, just to ruin their week and sleep, and me standing here and encourage them 3:) muahahaha

True story!!!!!

• Options
    It's all about your RNG and speed I did it with gear 9 Ezra and the rest 8 with ok mods
  • Options
    I also used this strategy. If you have just above average mods like I do, try shifting the speed around in small increments. It synergized my team and helped immensely!
    The Academy of the Fallen