New Game mode idea - Personal Raid!

I want to share with my ideas about new game mode, I hope players will support it and developers too.

We have 2 guild raids now, and peoples often ask for another one. So, I came to idea of «personal» raid, which will be completed only by one player. But, it doesn't mean that you can do it without guild – no, in fact, this mode will make social interaction in guild far more often, friendly and important.

Here is short description of new event - player must create three teams, (one from his roster and two others must be «borrowed» from other guild members roster), and then he must fight set of missions (about 3-5 maybe).

Now, lets talk about all this in details. Event consist from two main stages – preparation, and actually fights.

On preparation stage player must ask other members to give him preferable units from their roster, and this is what making this stage so sociable and important. Trick is, that players with more advanced roster will be much more valuable for others, since everybody will want their heroes, and if you want to get advanced player heroes, you must be friendly, and nice to them. This is will press members to better interact with each others, and be generally more nice, cos if you dark-sided person nobody will give you their heroes. So, after player asked his 2 best guild friend give him their heroes (5 from each member), those heroes is locked and cannot be borrowed to other players, neither used in personal raid by owners.

And after things is settled up, there is second stage is coming – fight missions.
In my head, missions are held on train, that packed with explosive and on the way to big city on some planet, and goal is fight step by step to head of train, and disarm bomb. (Of course, exact background can be any).

Now about fight mechanics in mission. Why player will need three team? Cos each one will serve certain purpose. Main team – one that actually fight, like usually, with enemy team. Fire support team – AI controlled, that shooting from behind (cover fire), and cannot be damaged by direct enemy attack, only by special abilities. And, third team, is buff team, they hiding somewhere, cannot be damaged, give buffs (passive and active), and restoring their health. Now about gameplay – player must choose before each mission, who from his raid roster will directly fight with enemy, who will support, and who will give buff. And, after completing mission, player must decide, whom he need to move to buffers team (for example, very damaged unit will regain health there), and whom to cover team (unit will give less damage, and be Ai controlled, but will receive less damage as well).

So, such set of missions will require from player to take tactic decisions all the time about heroes rotations, based on results of last mission. Since Fire Support team is Ai controlled, they will give nice random element to encounters. They all can fire at important enemy, or all will aim less important targets. I will not talk about exact unique abilities, that heroes must have for this raid, this is what developers must think about. After successful raid completion players will get reward based on their score (based on completing main and secondary objectives on each mission, and maybe some other criteria’s), borrowed heroes will «return» to their owners, and they will get part of rewards too, so yes, borrowing heroes to other players must be rewarding.

That’s all, I tried to be as short as possible. Thank you for reading)

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry
  • Options
    I like the idea of a personal raid but not asking others for characters.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ive given the idea to a single player raid more then 1 year ago and I believe they did something about it: AT-ST event us suppose to be that

Problem is that the event is to easy comes randomly only when devs want. We have no control over it like we do with raids.

Ps: borrowing characters is a horrible idea
  • Options
    Not only borrowing toons are bad idea, this will make the game even more time consuming then it’s now, which make it a horrible idea
  • Options
    I like this idea. I'd enjoy a new single player mode that I can do on my own time.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like the Idea of a simple individual raid that you'd get individual rewards for. But having a little TB involved where only certain characters can enter. Possibly a 3 day raid event. Opens for everyone at the same time in between TB. Currency achieved could be 1000 of all shop currency.
  • Options
    Personaly I like to such idea because:
    1. Its add zero pain to guild leaders.
    2. Its makes communication in guild more important.
    3. It has somewhat refreshing and not-so-repetitive gameplay, since team rotation never can be predicted.

And about sharing heroes - I dont understand why nobody likes this idea, its cool when you can borrow some advanced troops. For example, we can choose ally now, its almost same. Only instead choosing ally, you will choos a team. This is more "interface" problem, if it will be done on dedicated screen that will alow request and give heroes fast and easy, why not?
  • Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    Personaly I like to such idea because:
    1. Its add zero pain to guild leaders.
    2. Its makes communication in guild more important.
    3. It has somewhat refreshing and not-so-repetitive gameplay, since team rotation never can be predicted.

And about sharing heroes - I dont understand why nobody likes this idea, its cool when you can borrow some advanced troops. For example, we can choose ally now, its almost same. Only instead choosing ally, you will choos a team. This is more "interface" problem, if it will be done on dedicated screen that will alow request and give heroes fast and easy, why not?

Dude I don't think you're anticipating the problems this could cause among guild members. People arguing over who gets to borrow the whales' toons, people getting bitter, no one borrowing the lower level guys toons until there's no one left to pick... Power groups forming, etc. It could get ugly.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Have a couple questions on how it works. Say I have 6 guild members who are asking to borrow people from my roster. Can I lend CLS to all 6 or does only one get him and I have to give other characters to the remaining 5?
    In the first case, then you will end up with one team member filling the entire setup and getting credit for having donated to 6 individual raids. In the latter case, you could end up having favorites or issues where someone only gives their best character to a few guild members and others can't do as well.

It's an interesting idea but I think it needs to be more fleshed out.
  • Options
    Idea is that borrowed heroes can be given to only one clan member, until he will finish raid. Howewer, since this is personal raid, it dont need to be global started/timed, and must be like random weekly event, you know that it will be but don't know when. This is will reduce quantitiy of raids in guild that run at same time.

And, let imagine that I received notification in-game that first phase of my raid started, and have 24 hours to prepare. You have CLS, but other your roster not so good, and other team member has Thrawn and more advanced roster. I'm opening your heroes roster, choose heroes that I want, and pressing a button - make request, and maybe I can write something too. You anwering - I can give you all heroes, but CLS is what I need myself. Then I must decide, take what you offer or maybe try luck with guy who has Thrawn, since that team good too. Or maybe try luck with someone other. And this is whats makes raids not so repetitive too, since you just dont know, which teams you will use next time, and what damage they take in raid, and will you succesfully rotate heroes between missions or will make mistakes and lose half of them. And yes, members with good roster will be more popular and valuable, but didnt they in same position now? One's with strong teams can farm HAAT and hit high TB score, so... powerful roster this is something thats always have weight.