Help me with Thrawn

Trying to beat the last tier. I often get to the final stage with full health and full protection, but I cannot even come close to beating it. I have all the Phoenix at g8 except Ezra at g10, but no chopper. This is ridiculous. What do I do?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    I tried about 30 times in a row and finally succeeded. I use chopper instead of sabrine. all my crew G8, level 85, level 7 skills. luck seems also a decisive factor. use basic skills at tier 3, so that all skills can be used when at tier 4.
  • Options
    I've tried a lot more than 30 times. I put my best mods on them. I save my special abilities. I put an omega on almost all of their abilities. And I've given them every piece of gear that's not super rare so they are 1/2 way to next gear tier. One time I got it down to just Ezra and Thrawn, but he still had almost full protection. It doesn't feel like luck can make up that gap.
  • Options
    When you say best mods, are you focusing on speed?

I finished with everyone at g8 just by dumping all the speed I could find on them and letting Zeb's unique carry me. Admittedly, I did it with Chopper and not Sabine, and as I understand it using Sabine comes with a stronger gear check. Is Chopper an option for you at all?
  • Options
    Chopper is not an option at all.
    I'm focusing mostly on speed with my mods but I also have 5 dot CD triangles on Ezra and Sabine. I could possibly boost some of their speeds by a few points, but not more than 3-5 on like 3 of them.
  • Options
    I had the exact same team as you as mine were all level 85 and my gear levels were the same as yours. Here are the key points:

1. Ezra has to go first to remove tank taunt
    2. Kill death troopers ASAP
    3. Use Ezra call assist on Hera and use Hera’s on Ezra only. This will speed up turn meter and you’ll get extra attacks in.
    4. Use kanaan and zeb to provide protection up and use the back up plan to keep kanaan alive at all costs. You have to have the counter attack until late in the battle.
    5. Kill the tank after the death troopers.
    6. Kill the two remaining troopers next
    7. Kill thrawn
    8. Use sabine’s defense down attack on Thrawn whenever you can. This makes him manageable.

You can do it. It is possible. It may take multiple attacks but I had the same team and eventually beat it with the same squad. Stick with this attack system.
  • Options
    Chopper is not an option at all.
    I'm focusing mostly on speed with my mods but I also have 5 dot CD triangles on Ezra and Sabine. I could possibly boost some of their speeds by a few points, but not more than 3-5 on like 3 of them.

I assume you mean 3-5 pts in addition to the +30 speed arrows you have on all of them, right? You should be looking for at least 50-60 speed boost on everyone, otherwise you will not have a chance at g8.
  • Options
    @forrestfire5050 thanks that sounds really useful I'm goi to try that.

@EventineElessedil yeah, they all have at least +60 speed from mods, some more.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I did this with g8 and Sabine. My first strategy was with health/ protection on tanks and crit damage on Ezra Sabine and Hera. I couldnt make it for 4 hours. So I made them much faster. Ezra 224, Sabine 220, Hera 200. Zeb I gave him potency and speed. Potency around 67% and speed 180. Kanan got more speed also. And I did it in first try:). Only Hera and Ezra was standing. The key was to daze and stun Thrawn by Zeb. So every assist was with Zeb to control Thrawn. It is very hard event I must admit for teams with g8.
  • Options
    I had the exact same team as you as mine were all level 85 and my gear levels were the same as yours. Here are the key points:

1. Ezra has to go first to remove tank taunt
    2. Kill death troopers ASAP
    3. Use Ezra call assist on Hera and use Hera’s on Ezra only. This will speed up turn meter and you’ll get extra attacks in.
    4. Use kanaan and zeb to provide protection up and use the back up plan to keep kanaan alive at all costs. You have to have the counter attack until late in the battle.
    5. Kill the tank after the death troopers.
    6. Kill the two remaining troopers next
    7. Kill thrawn
    8. Use sabine’s defense down attack on Thrawn whenever you can. This makes him manageable.

You can do it. It is possible. It may take multiple attacks but I had the same team and eventually beat it with the same squad. Stick with this attack system.

All of this is correct, but I would add that putting some potency on zeb and sabine and making use of stagger with helps remove the buffs as well if you cant use chopper. Also that potency will help zeb daze and stun people, getting a couple of them stunned will help tremendously.