Grand master yoda

Prev1
So a lot of you want to know is yoda worth it or not?
Well here's an answer yoda is one of the strongest character I ever have and the fact he's the only character I know of that can hit gear level IX, he is very strong mine is only a 5* I can't even imagine a 7*

Replies

• Options
    Personally being lvl 49 with only two Jedi characters and loads of people telling me to just stick with hk44 I am really starting to wonder did ea make him to exclusive for what he does
  • Options
    Doubt it. Most of the F2P Jedi have a place in this game. JC, Barriss, and Lumi are all beasts in the GW. QGJ is awesome in arena, and also good in GW. That leaves one other, which I am using Mace, and expect he will be buffed again soon.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    if you already have a few Jedi that are starred up, it's worth it to grind out an extra one or two. If you're making a droid team, it is definitely not worth it to completely change course and get a Jedi team just for Yoda.
  • Options
    They gave Yoda away for nothing. Stop complaining. You'll have him soon
  • Options
    He is not that exclusive. 5* Jedi are easy to get. If you didn't have time this round you definitely can do it the next time around. I got a 5* Yoda this time and I plan on getting 7* the next time around. This event just favors people who had already invested in Jedi. Then again, if you aren't interested in Jedi why do you want Yoda anyway?
  • Options
    I should clear this up at this point in time I am not committing to Jedi or droid units I am merely speaking for players like me hypothetically
  • Options
    Azak_Drax wrote: »
    I should clear this up at this point in time I am not committing to Jedi or droid units I am merely speaking for players like me hypothetically

I think as long as your team is all Jedi you should be able to enter the battle. That way you can have 3 or 4 7* Jedi to battle the 5* event and stand a chance. But the 7* battle would be impossible without 5 7* Jedi.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    5* Jedi team is fairly easy to get. So you'll be at least able to play around with Yoda. 7* is a different story... I may just get mine to 6*, and leave it at that next time Yoda comes around
  • Options
    He is more or less free. He's not that great though. I was hoping I could use mine a little more. He's okay but just okay. Squishy as crud and hits soft. I mean there are a few scenarios where he steals buffs and gives them to your whole party and its game over but it's unreliable
  • Options
    I thought the exclusive was going to be Luke not yoda, but I said many times it didn't Matter which one it was he was not going to be an amazing character. You can almost judge character rating in this game by the popularity of the toon. Iconic jedi? Going to be weak. Never heard of them? Farm immediately, get in before nerf!
  • Options
    I battled my first lvl 65 Yoda team this morning and I wasn't impressed. This Yoda was 5* leader GL-8 I think. The other 4 were 6* Lumi & Sid; 5* Jinn & Ren (all GL-7). I mopped the floor with them. Found Yoda to be weak vs stun. I'm not gonna draw any conclusions on one battle though.
  • Options
    The Yoda you get is certainly not as powerful as the one you battle. Have him at 5* level 56 gear level almost at 8 and he goes down pretty quick.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I thought the exclusive was going to be Luke not yoda, but I said many times it didn't Matter which one it was he was not going to be an amazing character. You can almost judge character rating in this game by the popularity of the toon. Iconic jedi? Going to be weak. Never heard of them? Farm immediately, get in before nerf!

Not far off the mark lol.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gear up Yoda to gear 8+ and level his abilities to 6+ and Yoda is a beast. Even at 5 or 6 stars he can contribute to any team. In arena with QGJ he always goes first and although he's no Rey, he is close to the same league as QGJ or lumi in damage and has some cool utilities. He is usually one of the last alive on offense. Foresight, buff steal and redistribute 4K+ crit on basic and 7k+ Crit on second special (plus turn meter reduction or stun), decent aoe, what's not to like??
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    If geared and played correctly yoda is a very very good toon imo. I run an all Jedi team in arena and do splendid on offense-- defense is another thing however....
  • Options
    If you really want Yoda then sure go ahead. If not then keep doing what your doing and wait for next event.

We don't know what the next event will be. Heck we don't even know if a new toon will be the reward, but one thing I would count on is it being another exclusive event. Might be all sith, or rebels, or tanks, ect. The event might end up giving something you really want.

That's why I say unless you really want him don't drop everything to get him. I would do 5* if nothing else for collection purposes but that's just me.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda is very very good. You can put this guy in any team, against any team and he will have atleast some utility. There are so many ways you can use him and his abilities he can combat literally almost every situation. He is worth every bit of time and investment I can assure you. Mines 6* and I am more then happy with what I see
  • Options
    I hate seing a 6-7* gear 8-9 yoda on the opposing team bc he makes for a difficult decision, he can either be no threat or a huge one. You can choose to focus him early but this can leave heavy dps like rey 88 fotp qgj alive. This then becomes a bad move if yoda in fact does nothing special. The other scenario is you attack the dps and leave yoda Alive thinking he won't do much, this then turns bad when he steals your buffs+ foresight and makes his entire team untouchable+buffed. He can decide a match and is always doing something atleast passively. The combination of yoda qgj and old Ben is crazy. There is a team I need to face for #1 basically every day it consists of
    Qgj lead
    Yoda
    Ayla
    Old Ben
    Rey
    All 7* all max gear and abilities
    And this team is super difficult to beat maybe 30%
    I lost 3 times before beating it today and I feel it's bc of yoda and the fact that all 5 of these characters can be considered high priority targets. Yoda is the wild card though bc you never quite know what he will do, it could be a waste killing him or you could regret not killing him
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I hate seing a 6-7* gear 8-9 yoda on the opposing team bc he makes for a difficult decision, he can either be no threat or a huge one. You can choose to focus him early but this can leave heavy dps like rey 88 fotp qgj alive. This then becomes a bad move if yoda in fact does nothing special. The other scenario is you attack the dps and leave yoda Alive thinking he won't do much, this then turns bad when he steals your buffs+ foresight and makes his entire team untouchable+buffed. He can decide a match and is always doing something atleast passively. The combination of yoda qgj and old Ben is crazy. There is a team I need to face for #1 basically every day it consists of
    Qgj lead
    Yoda
    Ayla
    Old Ben
    Rey
    I lost 3 times before beating it today and I feel it's bc of yoda and the fact that all 5 of these characters can be considered high priority targets. Yoda is the wild card though bc you never quite know what he will do, it could be a waste killing him or you could regret not killing him

You can win against that team with your run of the mill DPS teams, it is super easy idk how you can botch that.
  • Options
    Probably bc I don't use a lot of dps, my team is more support with 1 dps bc I went against the Poe meta. It done me well for the Poe meta but now I struggle against this team, only this one team. I still finish #1 so i can't complain
  • Options
    From what I've seen, he's pretty good, but won't make the cut for top end PVP teams. My guess is there will be more challenges and it's worth getting your main guys up first. Who knows, the next challenge might be a droid challenge for R2D2 and you'll be right on schedule.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Qgj lead
    Yoda
    Ayla
    Old Ben
    Rey

Wait for a team with all 7* QGJ (L), Old Ben, Anakin, Yoda and Poe.
  • Options
    GREAT. gonna go buy 1000 dollars worth of packs to get the Jedis right now. Thank you so much for your help
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Options
    @Kesiss

How about don't be a **** bro. Why not try and make these forums a nice place for people to discuss things instead of being a troll. Youtube is a good place for being mean if you really must do so online.
  • Options
    not really sure yoda is all that people seem to think he is. he is essentially a free character * limited based on the number of jedi you have at a given *. mine is 7* lvl 70 skills at 4/6/5/6/4 and only got one last gear slot until I unlock teir ix gear. so while not fully maxed out he's pretty well along and I don't really like to put him in my squads too often. Sure he does okay damage and he is fast, but he's squishy and his very cool buff replicate/share mechanic is cool BUT it requires the enemy team to provide the buffs and then you spend TWO turns for yoda to pull it off. Sorry but that's a little late. by the time they have provided the buffs for him to steal then share things will already have gone way way way south. So i'm really not a big fan of yoda.

but that's just my opinion. I'm glad I got a free 7* unit and i'm sure at some point I will find a use for him but I don't think he is of much help in arena/gw or anywhere really. he's just kinda a cool idea character that I will gear up when I have free time/mats.
  • Options
    There are a few that reach gear 9. I don't recall which off hand but it know there are. Yoda is fun for sure and when I get him at 7* I may even use him in arena. For now I just use him in GW against the Vader/Sid teams. I only have him at gear 8 so far. But he's not bad at all.
  • Options
    Yeah my yoda need to be upgraded and I'm farming like normal people, it's a challenge
  • Options
    I don't have him yet. But he's totally worth the five Vader shards!!
  • Options
    Yoda's a good fun character to use... but he is not a must character to have... he does however open up a lot of options in terms of play...

For min-max users... they will probably not like Yoda as he has average health and damage... That's not his strength though. His strength comes into play when you use your head and analyse the opponent and exploit their strengths for your own. If a player does that then they will enjoy using Yoda alot... However if they like seeing big damage numbers like the ones Rey, FOTP or Geo Soldier throws out... then probably give it a miss.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    From what i've seen, a lil princess (Leia) maxed is faster than the maxed "Grand Master Yoda"? :smiley:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.