Biggs ship under Chimera

Every fight I have had against a chimera capital ship with Biggs, Biggs seems to get protection back on every single attack. Is this working properly? I don't see anything in Chimera description showing it should get soooo much protection

Replies

• Options
    He gains protection every time an a enemy gets target locked, were you getting target locked a lot?
  • Options
    I know he gains protection from Target lock. It's more than when he's under any other capital ship and it was multiple different squads
  • Options
    It's probably because Chimaera's basic is to call a target ally ship to attack, and the AI probably favors empire ships because they get extra crit damage, so it's likely calling TIE Advanced or Imperial TIE fighter every time, both of which have target locks on basic. Also, Chimaera gives all ships +15% critical chance, and Biggs inflicts target lock on his basic when he gets a crit, so that makes for an extra source as well. Finally, people using Chimaera probably in general favor all the TIE fighters, including the First Order TIE which gains a bunch of TM every time a target locked enemy is damaged and also inflicts target lock on basic. All of that adds up to a lot of extra protection regain for Biggs.

I myself have been using Chimaera and my Biggs lasts a lot longer thanks to the above reasons and the offense down debuff on enemy attackers (and defense up buff on my Biggs). 4 out of 5 of my opening ships inflict target lock on basic, and the 5th is Fives which inflicts it with his special. Oh, and don't forget that because TIE Advanced immediately inflicts another target lock every single time it expires on an enemy ship, Biggs will frequently get protection back at the end of enemy turns too. So if it seems like Biggs is gaining protection almost every single turn, it's probably because there's a target lock being inflicted almost every turn.
  • Options
    Also, with Vader's TIE Advanced ability that refreshes a target lock when it expires, that counts as a new target lock and will give Biggs more protection. So if you already have multiple target locks, and then they start refreshing, that, too, will do it.

I've played against a few Chimeras by now and haven't seen any behavior with Biggs out of the normal target lock functionality.