Seriously how are y'all beating this?

I feel like I have a pretty decent team, but I must be missing something. I have tried at least 50 times and I can't even kill one dude on the last level!

I have everyone gear level 8 and just got Hera gear 9, what I think are decent mods, and I am sucking at this.

Here are my details, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!!

https://swgoh.gg/u/tbone75/collection/?f=phoenix

Replies

• Options
    Oh one more thing, I have 22 omega mats - should I use one on this and if so, who?
  • Options
    One thing I did, which seemed to help a lot was omega Chopper's basic, giving him a 60% chance to cooldown the character's abilities to which he gives the buff. Then I used most of the assists on chopper so that cooldowns could be refreshed more quickly.

I also took all of my 80+speed sets from my arena team, and used them on Hera, Ezra, Chopper, and Zeb. Speed is key.
  • Options
    I tried it quite a few times (15-20) before doing this. Beat it immediately after. Could have be just great RNG, but as with Resistance in GW, try to have as many toons with close to full TM after the third battle, so going into the fourth you can get off a dispel or Daze.
  • Options
    Thanks - how are you getting the speed so high? I am guessing mods? I have 4 speed mods on everyone and most are 4 or 5 dots. Any suggestions?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tbone75 wrote: »
    Thanks - how are you getting the speed so high? I am guessing mods? I have 4 speed mods on everyone and most are 4 or 5 dots. Any suggestions?

its about the speed secondaries, not just the primary. honestly unless you have speed secondaries on the whole speed set, a speed set is less useful then most other sets. it will only add 10-15 which you can get from 2 ish other mods.
  • Options
    Tbone75 wrote: »

High? The speeds in the post above I would consider low. If you can get Hera and Ezra to 200 - 220 and Kanan and Zeb to 175 - 185, you should have no problem with the event.
  • Options
    Holy crap, I did it! Thanks for the help with the mods guys, that seemed to do the trick. You guys rock!!
  • Options
    Ezra 192
    Heyda 144
    Chopper 198
    Zen 168
    Kanan 113
  • Options
    Huge difference, no?
    Huuuuuge
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I made it also after increasing speed. I couldnt do it for 4,5 hours. So I went to make PheoniX fast. So Ezra had 224, Sabine 216, Hera 200, Zeb 190. Kanan 160. And I did it. First try:). It was very hard but with Zeb( 70% potency) stunning Thrawn all the time I could do it. All g8. Only Ezra and Hera were alive.
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This won't make those of you who struggled feel much better but I did it on my second try with this team:

https://swgoh.gg/u/pekkerinne/collection/?f=phoenix

(L82-84, all G8). The mods there weren't the ones I used in the event, I swapped out after it was over, however, the ones I did use were not my very best (i.e. arena mods) so while they were good enough, they were far from great. I focused most on protection mods w/o worrying much about sets - speed was preferred, obviously, but the last stage is about *survival*. So to me, crit dmg/crit chance weren't as important as health, protection and some speed (I think Ezra was about 190 for example).

There certainly is some rng, mostly in who Thrawn fractures. My first go he fractured Ezra first so I just restarted. Second time I figured if I can get it down to just 2 fractures I have a chance. So after removing the tank taunt by Ezra I used Zeb's staggering sweep on Thrawn (twice in total). Then i hit him with a basic when his TM was almost full, effectively making him lose a turn. I'm pretty sure this was the key to my relatively weak team beating him.