In a nutshel, what's wrong currently

Deimos
326 posts Member
edited February 2016
1. Defense AI
2. Vader & Yoda, not rewarding enough for the effort it takes to get them
3. OP garbage toons for the sake of diversity, only there is no diversity at meta
4. Shard shop designed for none of the spender categories
5. Credit-Droid events, not worth the energy
6. Useless iconic toons (Mace, Anakin...)

Replies

• Options
    Not having enough heroes with the adequate star to do the event. For example, I don't have a 3 stars Jedi for the fifth Jedi slots.

Solution? enable borrowing a hero!
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Not having enough heroes with the adequate star to do the event. For example, I don't have a 3 stars Jedi for the fifth Jedi slots.

Solution? enable borrowing a hero!

This is not a design problem of the game. CG made a choice. Offer a highly demanded character and make him insane hard to get. What this ensures is people will be tempted to take shortcuts - purchases. Are you f2p? If you are, then you need to accept your role. You are there for spenders to feel elite.

Back on topic, the design flaw of the Yoda event, is the reward should be the new meta, considering the effort and investment it takes to seven stars.

And that's where the AI messes it all up.
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »

This is not a design problem of the game. CG made a choice. Offer a highly demanded character and make him insane hard to get. What this ensures is people will be tempted to take shortcuts - purchases. Are you f2p? If you are, then you need to accept your role. You are there for spenders to feel elite.
    You're right with the shortcut temptation but I believe the Yoda event has nothing to do with spenders feeling elite because if you think about it, spenders already spend a fortune to get their characters to 7 stars with their expensive gamble and this was before the event even took place.

My suggestion still stand so everyone who invested unlocking other heroes still get a chance to go an extra mile with borrowing a hero.

• Options
    I see how borrowing a hero will benefit you. I fail to see how it will benefit CG, at all. It will hurt them, for sure, because if they do this, next time they release a challenge like that nobody will buy the hero bundle to speed up, and nobody will be pressed to pay for crystals to refresh cantina and farm Mace/Ashoka/QGJ on time.

You made a false dichotomy, dividing the player base in whales with everything at 7*, and F2P. There is a lot of middle-classed dolphins who can and will spend a few bucks to get Yoda, but don't have already a team of 5 guys at 7*. This move will make them to spend less, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't sound as good as a plan in EA HQ.
  • Options

You're right with the shortcut temptation but I believe the Yoda event has nothing to do with spenders feeling elite because if you think about it, spenders already spend a fortune to get their characters to 7 stars with their expensive gamble and this was before the event even took place.

My suggestion still stand so everyone who invested unlocking other heroes still get a chance to go an extra mile with borrowing a hero.

This won't be fair for the people who actually trained 5 Jedi for this challenge. And imo this isn't necessary, the challenge should be a bit hard to acces because you get a hero for free. For f2p this challenge was easy to acces, you only had to divert your resources. Plenty of f2p got yoda and before the challenge started there were threads on this forum with tips for f2p to obtain yoda.
  • Options
    Well CG is already making a killing on the top 10 for every servers they open, why do you think they still wanted to bleed their player base dry?
  • Options
    Well CG is already making a killing on the top 10 for every servers they open, why do you think they still wanted to bleed their player base dry?

Wrong question. The right question is "why not?" Why do you feel they should give you an easier time to get Yoda than those who paid the bundle and/or crystals to do refills and farm QGJ/Ashoka/Mace on time? What are you going to give them back, so it is worth it for CG to alienate those who actually paid for the bundle/crystals to get the new content?

Yoda can be farmed F2P. A f2p player just need a bit more time, and focus on it, instead of getting it as a side project without really diverting any effort or resource on it. The entire point of fremium model is that people pay to get things sooner, if everything can be done for f2p without effort/grind, nobody would pay. And if nobody pays, there is no game to play
  • Options

You see this through your own self inferest. They have zero benefit to let you skip the requirements. The fact they are doing good is justification to keep on to their policy.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Just want to share my thoughts on the issues you noticed:
    1. Defense AI
    Ok, AI has to be smarter
    Those toons don't require effort, they require TIME.
    Anyone could have them the sooner (P2P) or the later (F2P), so it is clever to make them not too OP.
    3. OP garbage toons for the sake of diversity, only there is no diversity at meta
    Making Iconic toons better than "Garbage" toons won't change anything to the diversity, as everyone would play those Iconic Toons.
    But for the diversity of the representation of SW Universe in this game, it is a good choice that some non-iconic toons could have a place in teams.
    4. Shard shop designed for none of the spender categories
    Shard Shop design could be better: the ratio is bad, the RNG of the shards is worse...
    I agree, this part is useless: rewards are too low for the Energy not spent in upgrading your toons.
    They are useless today, but could be better later as the synergies grow with the diversity of new toons.
  • Options
    Amberoth wrote: »
    Hi,
    Making Iconic toons better than "Garbage" toons won't change anything to the diversity, as everyone would play those Iconic Toons.
    But for the diversity of the representation of SW Universe in this game, it is a good choice that some non-iconic toons could have a place in teams.
    They are useless today, but could be better later as the synergies grow with the diversity of new toons.

Hi Amberoth.

IMO as a Star Wars fan, it would be more enjoyable to see the same teams of OP iconic toons than the same teams of OP nobodies.

In any case, GS and FOTP being stronger than Anakin, synergies or no synergies involved, is just ugly. Do we play this game to make a meta of heroes we have no affection for? Why this game then than any other? I personally play this cause I love Star Wars. FOTP or GS doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    FOTP or GS doesn't cut it
    I am a Star wars fan too, and I enjoy that barely-known characters, different from common stereotypes (Vader, Yoda, Ben, etc...), can shine in a game.
    By the way, FOTP and GS are almost the exceptions: apart max 4 toons, non-iconic are mostly garbage, and iconic are useful !
  • Viruschill
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One of the things I would like to see changed the most is the 21 day subscription for gems. 10.99 for 21 days is INSANE for a mobile game. They are so greedy that cant even make it for a month, seriously 21 days. After a little math that equates to $15 a month. That is what you pay for a top notch MMO like WOW not a mobile game. $5 a month and I would sign up every month.

I really like how in Heroes charge they have levels of VIP with certain perks depending on your level of VIP. Which you earn VIP exp based on the amount you spend. I believe a system like that could greatly enhance this game.

The one thing that drives me crazy is the drop rate and methods of obtaining the ability material mkIII (the blue one). In a game where you need at least 10 char for the light and the darkside campaign. It becomes a snail pace to level your char abilities. The other part to this is one char needs 7 ability material mkIII for level 7 ability and another char will need 9. I like how you can buy them in the squad cantina battles however there rates are off. So I can buy 5 shards for 400 but only 1 ability material mkIII for 200, seem like a ripoff to me. Actually double checking its not even the ability material mkIII it is the green ability material mkII which is a ripoff. Have to see if the ability material mkIII is offered when it refreshes.

As previously stated by several people above the shard shop is worthless atm. It seems like it was rushed into being simple so they can say they have a shard shop. What they need in the shard shop is an elite toon that takes some serious grinding to obtain or the ability to buy ability material mkIII.

I would like to see 2 modes in GW. A normal mode and a Hard mode. It would also be nice to actual have char drop in the GW. A higher amount of **** and ability material mkIII awarded for completion of GW would also be nice.

A little more diversity when borrowing a hero. It seems like 95% of my relative options are LU. There are other options just worthless ones.

Just some of my thoughts!!

Post edited by Viruschill on
  • Options
    You aren't using vader right then...
    Also Anakin is good, just hard to farm
    Mace is also a decent character after his buffs, you just need to upgrade his abilities to make him good
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    You aren't using vader right then...
    Also Anakin is good, just hard to farm
    Mace is also a decent character after his buffs, you just need to upgrade his abilities to make him good

I'm getting arena #1 about five days a week. Trust me, Vader would be a liability for me. When he should be the absolute weapon in this game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is fine. He simply doesn't fit into the arena meta. No toon that can't one shot another or has 143 speed or better really has a place in the meta. This accounts for 80% of the toons in this game. It's why we so consistently see the following: Rey, Poe, Sid, Dooku, GS, QGJ, and fotp. Phasma is still common because of turn meter manipulation and Poggle because of offense up.

Yea you'll see a smattering of other toons here and there, but most of the leaderboard looks like some combination of the above. If the meta changes due to a defense buff, which is being discussed by the Devs, Vader will probably be sitting very pretty; especially with the future ability to actually star him up.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Vader is fine. He simply doesn't fit into the arena meta. No toon that can't one shot another or has 143 speed or better really has a place in the meta. This accounts for 80% of the toons in this game. It's why we so consistently see the following: Rey, Poe, Sid, Dooku, GS, QGJ, and fotp. Phasma is still common because of turn meter manipulation and Poggle because of offense up.

Yea you'll see a smattering of other toons here and there, but most of the leaderboard looks like some combination of the above. If the meta changes due to a defense buff, which is being discussed by the Devs, Vader will probably be sitting very pretty; especially with the future ability to actually star him up.

Telaan, this sounds promising.
  • Options

I hate this part the most. I have so many toons sitting on the bench for ever because i can't level up them. I can star up, gear up (with some hard work) but can't level up no matter how hard i try. The previous system was was better. This is just useless. I hope they fix it soon...

• Options
    Paying players are ripped off. No value.
  • Darth_Katsumoto
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Edit: wrong thread.
  • Options
    IMO what's wrong in this game is the awful level of drop rates we are experiencing lately. I feel since we started receiving the bonus energy, the drop rates have taken calibrating. Ex. this morning I tried to farm JC... I simmed all the available battles, guess what, no shards! And this is not an singularity, this kind of thing happen everyday, kind of frustrating...
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    IsThisThom wrote: »
    IMO what's wrong in this game is the awful level of drop rates we are experiencing lately. I feel since we started receiving the bonus energy, the drop rates have taken calibrating. Ex. this morning I tried to farm JC... I simmed all the available battles, guess what, no shards! And this is not an singularity, this kind of thing happen everyday, kind of frustrating...

I know what you mean I'm trying to get dooku to 5* some days I get nothing. Then on some days I'll get like 4-5
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Not enough to do!!! I made a poll to make a league option like clash please vote guys'!!
  • Options

Because that's how capitalism works. You don't leave money on the table. Look, it's a painful lesson to learn, but it's true. Businesses hire p.r.firms and spokesmen to make it seem like they care, but they are there for one reason. Profit. If the average company could make another dollar of profit by giving someone's gramma cancer, as long as it wasn't a board member's nana, hello tumor.

(This was said playfully, not hatefully. But it really is true)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Amberoth wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Amberoth.

IMO as a Star Wars fan, it would be more enjoyable to see the same teams of OP iconic toons than the same teams of OP nobodies.

In any case, GS and FOTP being stronger than Anakin, synergies or no synergies involved, is just ugly. Do we play this game to make a meta of heroes we have no affection for? Why this game then than any other? I personally play this cause I love Star Wars. FOTP or GS doesn't cut it.

+1000000000000

That's what I'm saying!

Anyone here ever play Epic Duels?? It's not Geonosian Soldier vs. FOTP.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    1. damage and health ratio ( I played against sid,poggle,ig88,poe,kylo ren today in arena, i have 10%hp phasma left when I can make my first move. The game was over in 15sec... )
    2. Drop rate and mats needed ratio ( Spending a recharge for a couple purple gears is beyond frustrating )
    3. A lot of toons need some buff and more ways to get shards.