Let's talk about High DPS/speed team

Poney
42 posts Member
edited February 2016
What would be the best balance beetween speed and DPS ?

- Doku
- Sidious (L)
- Leia
- GS
- Rey

Thinking about this.

How about :

1/ Swap Sid lead for Phasma lead ? Less crit but more assist
2/ QGJ lead and add Yoda/Anakin (on offense) ? Jedi will reach crazy speed with QGJ lead

Notice everyone get a turn before Poe

Any comments are welcome:)
Post edited by Poney on

Replies

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Poney wrote: »
    What would be the best balance beetween speed and DPS ?

- Doku
    - Sidious (L)
    - Leia
    - GS
    - Rey

Thinking about this.

How about :

1/ Swap Sid lead for Phasma lead ? Less crit but more assist
    2/ QGJ lead and add Yoda/Anakin (on offense) ? Jedi will reach crazy speed with QGJ lead

Notice everyone get a turn before Poe

Any comments are welcome:)

I know I am not a crazy high level like most people on here with 7* everything but I have QGJ as a lead with a full Jedi team and I have always gone first in PVP except against a Dooku. I role with:
    -Qui Gon Lead
    -Eeth Koth
    -Lumi
    -JC
    -Luke

Luke may not be a Jedi but his crit will either destroy someone in one hit or get them in the red.
  • Options
    I don't think Phasma's assist ability is reliable enough for her to be leader if you don't have a first order team. Sid's Crit will win out overall. QGJ and Yoda would be great on Offense. QGJ lead is worth it even if he is the only Jedi. With Sid's low potency at high levels, if he isn't leader, he isn't a whole lot of use in the team. So replace him and Leia or Rey. I have only found Anakin to be useful in niche situations.
  • Options
    I would really prefer a High-DPS, High-Speed, Assit team.
    I was thinking of:

-QGJ (L)

-GS

-Rey

-Poe

-FOTP/Lumi/Dooku/IG-86

All max geared and 7*. For the 5th spot im not quite sure. I think all 4 will do alright. FOTP and IG-86(if you are F2P) will get you more DPS, Dooku will help you control a bit more the fight, or Lumi, as you have a Poe that can taunt + leadership bonus of QGJ, would be able to heal up your team and to provide a lot of sutainability. I think it all depends on what kind of composition you are against to.
    The first 4, i think are quite standard.
  • Options
    I feel bad for the 90%+ players who don't visit the forums and have no idea why their Chewbacca/Talia/JC/Ewok Scout/Royal Guard team is holding up in Arena
  • Options
    Nice.... I just can't wait until I get enough chars to actually have a team rather than just mix/matching. Dooku is on my list to but nextg, as well as QGJ
  • Poney
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everybody.

I'm P2P player, I guess I will go for :

QGJ(L)
    Rey
    Leia
    GS
    Doku

Not Poe on offense, only high speed toon to burst down enemy squishies

On defense probably :

QGJ(L)
    Rey
    GS
    Poe
    Lumi

I think you guys are right, no Sidious or Anakin anymore, only Yoda for those Poggle team maybe.

• Options
    Yoda is crazy good...
  • Options
    Yea I'm thinking of similar builds:

QGJ(L), Yoda, Anakin, Rey, GS - speed

QGJ(L), Yoda, Dooku, Sid, Rey - Anti-Jedi

QGJ(L), Anakin, Dooku, Rey, GS - speed 2

QGJ(L), Anakin, Lumi, Rey, GS - heal support

QGJ(L), Lumi, Rey, GS, Dooku -

or,

Sid(L), Dooku, GS, Rey, Lumi

Sid(L), QGJ, GS, Rey, Poggle

or Assist team

QGJ(L), GS, Rey, IG-86, Tusken

So many choices, I would say leave out Phasma. Sid and QGJ are too good as lead. And forget Poe, he's going near the end of round 1 and won't get his taunt off in time to make a difference against high powered teams.

• Options
    Thrace wrote: »

or,

or Assist team

So many choices, I would say leave out Phasma. Sid and QGJ are too good as lead. And forget Poe, he's going near the end of round 1 and won't get his taunt off in time to make a difference against high powered teams.

Literally building those sets of teams. QGJ, Rey, and GS are my backbone. Only rank 150- but climbing quickly :). Can't wait to incorporate anakin so he can be a pain while people are going after the speedy cannons
  • Options
    I am running QGJ (lead), Yoda, Lumi, Leia & Sid. I was late to the GE bandwagon so still farming home now, when he's ready I will replace Sid with GS
  • Options
    I'd love to try out a Dooku lead team with foresight characters in the line up
  • Options
    I'd love to try out a Dooku lead team with foresight characters in the line up
    cant wait till the fix his leader ability. Rey getting offense up on her foresight dodge is gonna be nasty

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    What is broken with Dooku's leader ability ?
    Dooku (lead)
    Yoda
    Res Pilot
    Rey
    Lumi

Team is almost rdy to field. This is upsetting if true.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13633/dookus-leadership-ability-does-not-work-with-data-can-we-get-this-fixed-please#latest

So not only does the evasion not work, but neither the offense up. I know. I spent a few purple mats getting his leader ability to 7. If you want evasion, stick Lumi as leader
  • Options
    Yoda is crazy good...on OFFENSE

Fixed B)
  • Options

or,

or Assist team

Interesting points there. So in your opinion Poe is not that good in defense ?

How about Leia. She is god tier in term of speed and DPS.
  • Options
    If temporarily, consider phasma. She has more assist call when AI is using her. More than 60% (3 of 5 times per turn). She wont proc that much if you use her though. I think its a bug really but everyone seems to like it so they aint fixing it.
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think any number of higher speed higher dps toons are better for that spot on defence. With the amount of damage being thrown around out there, Poe gets steamrolled.

Leia stealths on turn 1, so no dps, but she does survive long enough to do some serious damage or even take out a character.

• Options
    I think any number of higher speed higher dps toons are better for that spot on defence. With the amount of damage being thrown around out there, Poe gets steamrolled.

Leia stealths on turn 1, so no dps, but she does survive long enough to do some serious damage or even take out a character.

Thanks Thrace, was looking for a precise answer like yours.

• Options

I'm running the QGJ, Rey , FOTP , GS, Poe squad. You think replacing Poe is something I should consider? He seems to really help me dispose of teams quickly. But I've thought about putting Sid or Leia in his place.
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »

I'm running the QGJ, Rey , FOTP , GS, Poe squad. You think replacing Poe is something I should consider? He seems to really help me dispose of teams quickly. But I've thought about putting Sid or Leia in his place.

Since Poe nerf (I mean speed nerf) FOTP is also not top tier anymore.

Poe doesn't taunt first anymore so FOTP is not protected anymore.

With your squad FOTP will always get kill before his turn on defense and probably on offense too.

It's like you start every fight 4v5 or 3v5 cauz Poe has no dammage.

Change both for this : Leia Doku Yoda Sidious depending of what you have / enemy team composition.
  • Options
    Poney wrote: »
    Tony167 wrote: »

Since Poe nerf (I mean speed nerf) FOTP is also not top tier anymore.

Poe doesn't taunt first anymore so FOTP is not protected anymore.

With your squad FOTP will always get kill before his turn on defense and probably on offense too.

It's like you start every fight 4v5 or 3v5 cauz Poe has no dammage.

Change both for this : Leia Doku Yoda Sidious depending of what you have / enemy team composition.

No, no, no. Fotp fits perfectly if you have gs and qgj in your team as they call for assist, so potentially he could go first as assist×2.
  • Options
    @Tony167

I would put in Lumi over Poe, in fact, I did just that and I don't drop as far over night anymore.

Ideally, put in a fast Jedi like Yoda or Anakin, Dooku would fit amazingly well, Leia great. That team is scary because no matter who you lose on turn 1 on defence, there are going to be some others that can 1 shot a toon.

And I like the idea of FOTP being called for assists from GS or QGJ.
  • Options
    @thrace I have Lumi ,Yoda, dooku and Leia 7* , Lumi and Leia both gear 8.

Right now my squad works great really. But I know it will need a change soon.

With what you said and the options I have would you throw in Lumi over Poe?
  • Options
    Yea 100% Lumi over Poe.