Phoenix Squadron... The 6th character

They all have their pros and cons, and since the zeta update I have considered choosing Sabine over Ezra and running Hera Zeb Chopper Kanan Sabine as opposed to Hera Zeb Chopper Kanan and Ezra. Any advice? Personal input? I love the protective durability of Zeb and Chopper, Kanan gives the counter and a wicked new zeta, Hera is an obvious essential, but Ezra's zeta is far weaker than Sabine's in my opinion. I am not sure if that puts her value over his. Before, I chose Ezra. Now I am not sure. And I want to know before I really take them to g10+

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Either sabine or chopper. Depends on whether you want dps or survivability.
  • Options
    Keep Ezra. Whatever you do.

The choice would be between Chopper, Sabine and Hera.

• Options
    Keep Ezra. Whatever you do.

The choice would be between Chopper, Sabine and Hera.

Hera? The character that makes the Phoenix as a squad viable? The only reason they can even be called decent?
  • Options
    lladdir wrote: »
    Hera? The character that makes the Phoenix as a squad viable? The only reason they can even be called decent?

I agree- and personally always use her for the reason you stated.

But read around - there's more than a few posting on here that have gotten Thrawn without her.

None have gotten him without Ezra.

• Options

... this is wildly untrue.
  • Options
    You're right that the choice is between Ezra and Sabine. Hera is a necessity, then keep Zeb for protection, Chopper for health and assist, Kaanan for counters and health. So really the only question left is which attacker? I have occasionally run Sabine over Ezra on lower nodes of GW, she works well, but I've never tested in a more hostile environment, as I have yet to significantly develop her
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ok :) apologies- excuse the hyperbole.

Please allow me to rephrase - most people, that I've read posting here on this matter, use Ezra in their Phoenix Squad to get Thrawn.

• Options
    Ok :) apologies- excuse the hyperbole.

Please allow me to rephrase - most people, that I've read posting here on this matter, use Ezra in their Phoenix Squad to get Thrawn.

Definitely true.

But I'd wager many more have done it sans Ezra than sans Hera.
  • Options

But read around - there's more than a few posting on here that have gotten Thrawn without her.

people hav gotten 7* thrawn without hera? Whoever who told you that they got him without hera are lying
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to unlock Thrawn running Hera, Kanan, Zeb, Sabine, and Chopper.
  • Options
    I'll get my coat.

• Options
    I say Ezra is better than Sabine without zetas. But with zetas, Sabine is better
  • Options
    I think you can run a fairly viable Phoenix arena squad without chopper. Using Zeb and Kanan for protection, Hera and Ezra for assists, and all sorts of offensive power and lethality, I would think (I don't have their zetas quite yet) that using them without chopper would open up a whole other ballpark of opportunities. Not saying you can't choose chopper, I just think they're still very strong and useful without him.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    I never use chopper and my squad is pretty good. Got 5* Thrawn and beat the levels in TB.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

I got him without Ezra. Never seen a post about getting him without Hera though.
  • Options
    ^ I don't doubt that is the case.
  • Options

There's no way someone could have beaten it without Hera unless they had insane gear. I feel that while Ezra is good, a zeta Sabine makes him replaceable. Hera is the entire purpose of Phoenix.
  • Options
    I say Ezra is better than Sabine without zetas. But with zetas, Sabine is better

That's my thoughts
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure how this is even a comparison. 100% tm with no debuffs allows Ezra to hit 3 times in a row, and he DOES hit harder than Sabine.
    Dropping Ezra and not having that 2nd choosable assist is not worth it. The more times you can call zeb to assist so he can daze/stun is key for Phoenix Squad
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Not sure how this is even a comparison. 100% tm with no debuffs allows Ezra to hit 3 times in a row, and he DOES hit harder than Sabine.
    Dropping Ezra and not having that 2nd choosable assist is not worth it. The more times you can call zeb to assist so he can daze/stun is key for Phoenix Squad

Ok thanks. I really do like the Zeb assist Ezra can call. I just thought that with all of Sabine's exposes, her zeta might make them equal.
  • Options
    I run Hera, sabine, Ezra, kanan, and zeb.

I look at the utility of the unique abilities and feel that chopper is the worst.
  • Options
    What are you using Phoenix for?

Use Chopper if it's an endurance battle (Galactic War, later Territory Battles, Thrawn, some other event) and use Sabine if it's a quick battle where damage is important (Arena, raids, etc).

Phoenix is interesting to me because of how versatile they are, but how that versatility comes at the cost of rotating one member in and out depending on the circumstances. Worst case scenario, work on all of them because their ships are quite good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Bench Sabine and get everyone else to g8.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    What are you using Phoenix for?

Use Chopper if it's an endurance battle (Galactic War, later Territory Battles, Thrawn, some other event) and use Sabine if it's a quick battle where damage is important (Arena, raids, etc).

Phoenix is interesting to me because of how versatile they are, but how that versatility comes at the cost of rotating one member in and out depending on the circumstances. Worst case scenario, work on all of them because their ships are quite good.

Durability. I am really impressed with their GW performance. They are doing better than my g9-11 Sith team and they are mostly g8. I only use Sabine for ship improvement.