Alternate arena teams.

As the title says i am looking for some other teams to try out in the arena. I am a lvl 77 and i run a a team with Wedge lead, Biggs, Chirrut, Baze (sometimes i switch him out with Old Ben since he is amazing now) and lastly Jyn for turn meter reduction, stuns and revives. I usually finish between 2,200 and like 1,700 in the arena. I finish that low because except for Biggs which is at seven stars most my other characters are 4 or 5 stars (I was more worried about unlocking more characters than upgrading ones i already had for the longest time) so now that i have most characters i want i have been wanting to see what other teams could be used in the arena. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Note alse i have none of the 145 shard characters unlocked as when most of them came around i was one or 2 characters short of unlocking them. Though when R2 rolls around later this month and the next time EP comes i will have both of them.

Replies

• thenameiswally
    62 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    First off, I want to say you're headinig towards the right track so far, but there are a few tips I can give you from here.

1. Make an account for SWGOH.gg
    Have a look at this great, free website that shows tons of data and statistics you need. It's a great tool to look for the meta teams (the best performing teams) and it is updated everyday. You should aim to get these teams: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

From the link above, here are the top teams now (filtered by top 10 arena ranking teams only):

CLS · Solo · GK · R2 · Thrawn

CLS · Solo · Chirrut · Baze · R2

GK · Barriss · Nihilus · R2 · CLS

GK · Barriss · Nihilus · R2 · Thrawn

Rex · GK · Nihilus · R2 · Thrawn

You can also see my arena team and my whole roster of all toons I have if you'd like to get an idea:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/thenameiswally/

As you can see in the link above, I run GK, Old Ben, Ezra, Barris, and DN. I use this team as a counter to the CLS meta right now, as Zarris and GK combo heals 10,000 hp per critcal hit when GK is taunting.

I understand that, as a new player, you won't have access to most of those toons, but you should try to farm all the characters required to acquire those toons (CLS, Thrawn, R2) from the Legendary events. General Kenobi (GK) is a must-have tank as well, so you should look on the forum for a guild that is running Heroic HAAT and Territory Battles 2-3 times a week.

Good luck with the farm, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions! May the force be with you!

• Options
    In fact you have very close to a perfect meta team for your level. I guess their gear is only so so, and maybe your mods as well, cause with that team in competitive gear/mods you should easily make top 50 and higher.
  • Options
    How are you even that low in arena with that team. Something is missing
  • Options
    Honestly if you run Lobot (L), courasant police, mob enforcer, jedi knight guardian and ugnaught. Your shard will be impressed with the size of your balz and won't even battle you. Thats how I stay in the top 50