Gear and Zeta Crunch

DarthBarron
339 posts Member
edited October 2017
I am a daily player, light spender, Feb2016 player with a 2.4M GP (This is just for a reference for my point of view). I enjoy the game for the resource management aspect of it, the guild commaderie, the theme (grew up playing with the orginal Kenner Action Figures) and the team assembly part. It is entertainment.

However the game, as others have pointed out, has gotten ridiculous with some of the 'gates' that it has created. The two biggest gates are Zeta's and Mk 3 Carbantis.

In order to fill my current level roster need for Mks Carbantis I would need 73 full crafted. In order to meet all my needs I would need 308. What compounds the Mk 3 Carbanti issue is that they are required to craft 3 other pieces fo gear and every new character introduced seems to require more and more of them (it's like the only gear avaible for a build are stun guns, stun cuffs, halos and carbanti's) . It just has gotten to the point that it is a daunting task to chip away at the wall. My suggestion is to make mk 3 carbanti's more available. Up the number provided in challenges a band of 6-8. Provide a seperate slot for them in the ****. Maybe just a slot that contains them, stun guns, thermal detonators, and cuffs. The current ****, while an improvement, has 10 to 12 pieces per slot with random RNG, it simple like throwing a bottle of water on a fire, provided you are lucky enough to have a bottle of water appear.

The other issue is Zetas. The new NS rework and the released Phoenix rework look good and maybe, by 2025, I will have enough zetas to equip them. At a minimum, in my opinion, zeta's should be released that any player, F2P to whale, can reasonable aquire 2 to 3 a month. There are so many needed in game, that this number seems to make sense.

None of the above drastically impacts the 'gates' created. It will, however, help the frustration and the grind the players experience.
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    However with all the content distracting from my primary objections. Make than never competitive. How are all these guys coming up with full squads of GL12?

By focusing on one thing instead of getting distracted, and spending crystals to buy gear.

The drop rate on the zeta challenge is frustrating, but I have no issue with zetas being rare. You aren't supposed to be able to get every zeta released. You have to plan and weigh the options and pick the few things you really want instead of just throwing them on whomever because you'll get another next week. I like that.

Carbantis are a gate too, which is fine in theory, it's just too extreme with individual characters requiring 500 of them.
  • Options
    I agree with Liath. The grind keeps everything in check. I only have three G12 toons, and they are all in my arena squad. You just have to be careful who you gear up. The effort required to go from G11 to G12 isn't that bad if you are only working on a few characters at a time.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I agree with Liath. The grind keeps everything in check. I only have three G12 toons, and they are all in my arena squad. You just have to be careful who you gear up. The effort required to go from G11 to G12 isn't that bad if you are only working on a few characters at a time.

I don't have an issue with the grind and I do what you guys do, focus on single toons at a time and make sure there is a good ROI for the investment of resources. The issue with Zeta's is that they are being used to make factions viable, like Phoenix or NS. Is Mother Tlz cool, yep. Plague look like a neat mechanic, yep. Needing to farm Zeta's for months to make a faction viable, possibly, yeah, about that... That is my biggest complain about zeta rariety and reworks.
    Do or Do not.

• Options
    Zetas are consistently inconsistent. Use them at your own risk. If it takes two months to farm 20 zeta mats, maybe you shouldn't use it right away ;)

Need to have a zeta or two in reserve for meta swaps.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Zetas are consistently inconsistent. Use them at your own risk. If it takes two months to farm 20 zeta mats, maybe you shouldn't use it right away ;)

Need to have a zeta or two in reserve for meta swaps.

Considering I have stockpiled 80 right now, I only use or proven entities, but that is not the issue.. its more of a rareity vs. rework issue. If that is the primary means to make factions viable, then they should be more readily available in my opinion.
    Do or Do not.

• Options
    I think there’s a video somewhere on the interhighway that covers this pretty well lol.

In all seriousness, I 100% agree with this. I’m F2P, and I work on one toon or one squad at a time. But holy crap do carbantis make it tough.

There definitely should be a gap between people who spend money and those who don’t. I’m not expecting to get every new legendary toon that comes out right away. But don’t make it so obvious.
  • Options
    I am a daily player, light spender, Feb2016 player with a 2.4M GP (This is just for a reference for my point of view). I enjoy the game for the resource management aspect of it, the guild commaderie, the theme (grew up playing with the orginal Kenner Action Figures) and the team assembly part. It is entertainment.

However the game, as others have pointed out, has gotten ridiculous with some of the 'gates' that it has created. The two biggest gates are Zeta's and Mk 3 Carbantis.

In order to fill my current level roster need for Mks Carbantis I would need 73 full crafted. In order to meet all my needs I would need 308. What compounds the Mk 3 Carbanti issue is that they are required to craft 3 other pieces fo gear and every new character introduced seems to require more and more of them (it's like the only gear avaible for a build are stun guns, stun cuffs, halos and carbanti's) . It just has gotten to the point that it is a daunting task to chip away at the wall. My suggestion is to make mk 3 carbanti's more available. Up the number provided in challenges a band of 6-8. Provide a seperate slot for them in the ****. Maybe just a slot that contains them, stun guns, thermal detonators, and cuffs. The current ****, while an improvement, has 10 to 12 pieces per slot with random RNG, it simple like throwing a bottle of water on a fire, provided you are lucky enough to have a bottle of water appear.

The other issue is Zetas. The new NS rework and the released Phoenix rework look good and maybe, by 2025, I will have enough zetas to equip them. At a minimum, in my opinion, zeta's should be released that any player, F2P to whale, can reasonable aquire 2 to 3 a month. There are so many needed in game, that this number seems to make sense.

None of the above drastically impacts the 'gates' created. It will, however, help the frustration and the grind the players experience.

U really don't have to grind as people on this forum like to say that gear u need is available to purchase from the shop quite a bit just buy some crystals and get your gear. They even sell them in bunches. Don't really understand the frustration simple premise really the game is free if u don't spend any money and wait to acquire items or u can cut thru the wait and simply pay.
  • Options
    Eh.. I received 2 fully crafted Mk5 Droid callers in the last month. I also have the salvage to build two more. Maybe you guys should build up some LS toons. They don't need many ;)
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My perspective is playing since late December 2016, after the last QoL update so I have yet to see one. I've seen more and more content added without any kind of counter balance.

Zeta materials are rare, be choosy, fine! But I'm not choosing between a handful of abilities any longer, I'm choosing between dozens and dozens. And they keep coming while the materials do not.

Gear is a huge issue. In the time I've been playing I've seen more content added, more events, that demand specific toons that need to be sitting at an "at least" gear level for an event. I don't even know how many MK5 Stun Guns I wasted on Phoenix to make sure I got Thrawn. I have him, he's awesome, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of Phoenix toons I don't really want. Sure I could work towards their zeta abilities, they seem good, but I'm focusing now on Resistance. There's 4 or 5 zeta abilities I'll be trying to open up. So I guess start working on Phoenix around March 2018? Have them finished sometime next fall? I'll just forego the other umpteen zeta abilities currently I'm existence and the likely 30 or so that will have been released by then on top of them.

If I stick around or leave the game, it's literally of no consequence to EA/CG whatsoever. They dropped the daily booster pack which I used religiously, but at this rate would be entirely worthless seeing the current drop rates.

Some suggested just buy gems and get it at the store. An MK5 stun gun is 2500 crystals, essentially $20. I need at least 7 currently, yeah, that's not happening.

I don't know. There's something about the game after 10 months, that just feels like I'm spinning my tires.

It's like with the approaching Nightsisters rework. Let's assume they're needed based on the log in rewards. I have like 3 of 5, they're 4 or 5 stars, I haven't invested anything in to them. With Mother on the way I couldn't care less. I'm not letting myself panic farm, I'm not wasting more gear and credits on toons I don't want to get one I might.

Or territory battles! To fully play the new content I have to have Commander Luke, which means I have to have Farmboy Luke, Leia, Old Ben, Stormtrooper Han, and R2. To have R2 I have to have Empire. It requires Phoenix. It requires the Hoth Scout and Soldier. It requires Hoth Leia which requires Hoth Han. Why do I have to have 4 Han Solos!? It requires 5 Rogue One charcters. All these characters are required and there are certain gear level requirements to be able to have a chance to get them or clear levels. This is all supposed to be obtained when? It's like I have to commit to playing for another year! And then Darksiders TB is going to essentially double this requirement I'm sure. Watch, Mother Tarzin is going to be required on one of those levels.

I get focusing on a team, one at a time, but it's now at the expense of access to the full offerings of the game. IMO. But this is just where I am after 10 months. I almost quit right away but after 2 months I really started getting in to it, it didn't feel so daunting. These last 2 months, it's getting stale and feels like the requirements have grown exponentially.
    Post edited by DasMurich on