Emperor Palpatine zeta ideas

LukeSkyrunner
54 posts Member
edited October 2017
Recently, I, like many of us, noticed how of all the characters in the game that are unlocked through legendary events, Emperor Palpatine (EP) is the only one with no zeta upgrade. I feel with a dark side Territory Battle coming soon, I feel that this would be a golden opportunity for Palps to get a zeta, most likely on his unique, Crackling Doom, as that would provide more flexibility. Here's what I have in mind:

Crackling Doom: At the end of each of his turns, all allies recover 15% Health, 15% Protection, and gain 15% Turn Meter for each Jedi, Rebel, and Shocked enemy, and Palpatine deals Special Damage to all Jedi, Rebel, and Shocked enemies. This damage can't be evaded and can't defeat enemies. While Palpatine is alive, enemies can't resist or dispel Shock, and can't attack outside of their turn while they are Shocked.

I feel that this zeta would fix many of the problems that plague arena, such as the whole enemy team countering an AOE, enemies gaining Turn Meter randomly, tanks taunting when you least expect it, and healing so consistent that your enemies are near impossible to kill. However I feel that this zeta would be balanced since the healing is only after Palpatines turns, and all effects would be disabled after Palpatine is defeated, kind of like Zarriss.

Feel free to post your opinions on this idea, or your own ideas for Palpatines zeta.
Post edited by LukeSkyrunner on

Replies

• Options
    GK doesn't have a zeta. He's pretty legendary.

However, I do agree with you about updating EP. I'm sure something is in the works ;)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like the idea but it is really overpowered. Balanced recovery and turn meter gain for that ability would be 2% or so, also the second effect is also pretty over the top, how about lowering enemy bonus attack chance and healing instead of preventing it?
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Just make his crackling doom apply shock, zeta x1.
    Then make his shock undispellable, zeta x2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    GK doesn't have a zeta. He's pretty legendary.

However, I do agree with you about updating EP. I'm sure something is in the works ;)

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. I was referring to characters from legendary events. Though Kenobi is probably the only character with no zeta that's still viable in arena.
  • Options
    I feel like Palpatine shouldn't have an ability that gives health or protection to his allies. That just doesn't make sense based on the character or the rest of his kit.
  • Options
    Now one idea I had for Zeta Crackling Doom would be for the status Shatter Armor by 2%, which cannot be dispelled or resisted when the enemy is shocked. It pretty much lives to its name in my opinion
  • Options
    What i think would be great for palp leader ability is, that sith and empire allies share the bonuses, meaning both sith and empire get both 20% turn meter AND recover 20% max health.

For his unique, maybe something similar to vader´s leader ability, while palp is alive shock re-applies, or shocked enemies can not counter attack while palp is alive.

But i also like what @ImaginaryAlex said.