Dark Side TB teams

In order to avoid panic farming, I'm pretty sure there's people among us that is currently forming several teams to clean Missions in the incoming (I hope not so fast), dark side TB.

Can I please have advices on the team to choose?
My idea is:

1) Sith team: zMaul or Nihilus (I'm choosing the second one, to have heal up on 8th stage)
2) Sith/Empire mix team: Emperor lead with Vader, TFP, Royal Guard <missing the fifth toon>
3) Trooper team: Veers with I don't know yet wich toon <I'm sure Snow trooper will be required, but what else?>
4) a fourth team maybe a melting pot between droids and bounty hunters?

I will ignore nightsisters and grievous because nope.

Tips for better players than me? Thank you all

Replies

• Options
    Nightsister
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If this TB is any clue you will need teams because of special missions. NS will probably be required as well as genosian.

Just speculation there and could be wrong, but avoiding an underused "new " faction is a bad idea. They could even throw in a separatists requirement like they did R1.

Also make sure you are thinking pure teams, so empire should be an isolated team, and sith should be an isolated team. It's going to be a lot of farming but you want to be able to make teams with no overlap.

Good luck
  • Options
    For 1st team if you use nihilus lead dookuu is very useful
    For 2nd team Tarkin
    For 3rd team deathtrooper shoretrooper magnatrooper and stormtrooper are all fine (and snow)
    For 4th team you have to share a link to your roster
  • Options
    I suspect imperial troopers and bounty hunters will each have their own sections if it comes sooner and is placed on Imperial Hoth.

If Geonosis, then the new NightSisters will definitely have a role and probably so will the geonosians and/or other separatists.
  • Options
    I think the special units required will come from Troopers, FO, or NS. Hard for me to see Seps, or Bounty Hunters...they've just gotten so little hype and their factions are pretty terrible and would need an announced overhaul. For Bounty Hunters, people already have BH teams for the heists so that wouldn't really be a new farm / challenge situation like R1 or PX was for many with LS TB. I'd be shocked if one wasn't FO though given the movie upcoming.

Given what we know now and taking platoons out of the equation for a second:

1. Troopers with a zeta Veers are made for endurance runs and have all the tools - dispel, daze, aoe AB, taunts, CD immunity, D up, TM removal, high damage ... lock that in as a TB team only 1 zeta needed
    2. Empire with a zeta Thrawn lead are going to be deadly with all the protection regeneration. As a suggestion, I'd go with Thrawn lead, Tarkin, RG, TFP and then fill in a remaining trooper, or DK, or Gar / ISC as they should work well
    3. Empire with a zeta DK would also be strong as he has 10% prot regen on crits - that's huge - so if no Thrawn at 7* you could look at DK as well for a leader.
    4. Sith - this one I would have to see what is the best depending on the enemy, but I'd take DV or EP as the lead here. Recall with DV you end up controlling / pinning the enemy so healing isn't as much of a factor. If the enemy has something that does require healing though I'd go with an EP lead. I think you for sure want EP / DV / SA as a base and then ideally you'd like to have a tank so Sith Trooper - all the Sith are pretty good though so it may be just what you have built. Zeta Sids / Dookus would be great. DN of course. zeta SO is a great healer and Maul in PVE is a true MVP. Sith you shouldn't have too much trouble making a viable team, but you will need zetas and I think Trooper / Sith Assassin will be key options to have since they bring unique skills to the Sith team.
    5. Nightsisters may be a good TB team, but we'd need to see more to be sure
    6. FO - my guess is FO has a special mission and they get new toons / reworks that make them a strong TB squad - similar to something like R1 in current LS TB. For what we know now, that means having FOST farmed and zetas on Kylo and probably Phasma as well.
  • Options
    I would like General Hux for A special Mission, maybe for FO.

Team1: Darth Nihilus Siths
    Team2: Palp,Vader,TFP,Royal Guard,Snow Tarkin
    Team3: Thrawn D. Krennic Death Trooper Shore trooper Stormtrooper
    Team4(Bonus1): FO
    Team5(Bonus2): Bounty Hunters
  • Options
    I think the special units required will come from Troopers, FO, or NS. Hard for me to see Seps, or Bounty Hunters...they've just gotten so little hype and their factions are pretty terrible and would need an announced overhaul. For Bounty Hunters, people already have BH teams for the heists so that wouldn't really be a new farm / challenge situation like R1 or PX was for many with LS TB. I'd be shocked if one wasn't FO though given the movie upcoming.

1. Troopers with a zeta Veers are made for endurance runs and have all the tools - dispel, daze, aoe AB, taunts, CD immunity, D up, TM removal, high damage ... lock that in as a TB team only 1 zeta needed
    2. Empire with a zeta Thrawn lead are going to be deadly with all the protection regeneration. As a suggestion, I'd go with Thrawn lead, Tarkin, RG, TFP and then fill in a remaining trooper, or DK, or Gar / ISC as they should work well
    3. Empire with a zeta DK would also be strong as he has 10% prot regen on crits - that's huge - so if no Thrawn at 7* you could look at DK as well for a leader.
    4. Sith - this one I would have to see what is the best depending on the enemy, but I'd take DV or EP as the lead here. Recall with DV you end up controlling / pinning the enemy so healing isn't as much of a factor. If the enemy has something that does require healing though I'd go with an EP lead. I think you for sure want EP / DV / SA as a base and then ideally you'd like to have a tank so Sith Trooper - all the Sith are pretty good though so it may be just what you have built. Zeta Sids / Dookus would be great. DN of course. zeta SO is a great healer and Maul in PVE is a true MVP. Sith you shouldn't have too much trouble making a viable team, but you will need zetas and I think Trooper / Sith Assassin will be key options to have since they bring unique skills to the Sith team.
    6. FO - my guess is FO has a special mission and they get new toons / reworks that make them a strong TB squad - similar to something like R1 in current LS TB. For what we know now, that means having FOST farmed and zetas on Kylo and probably Phasma as well.

This is a great list. As an empire fan- i am hoping ds tb is empire centric like rebels are to Hoth.
    What I am worried about is- things are released deliberately.
    FO event for BB8.
    Ns rework.
    And I have a hunch seps will be reworked right before ds tb.
    I also think ds tb will be smaller and more condensed.
    With a smaller tb and those 3 factions needed I'm afraid empire will fall to the platoon fodder section.
  • Options

This is a great list. As an empire fan- i am hoping ds tb is empire centric like rebels are to Hoth.
    FO event for BB8.
    Ns rework.
    With a smaller tb and those 3 factions needed I'm afraid empire will fall to the platoon fodder section.

The platoons impact for DS I think is a bit overstated. Yes there are fewer DS, but even with 2 sets of platoons that's 192 total needed across 50 accounts. That amounts to less than 4 per player. With all the viable DS leads there will be plenty of flexibility in the Sith and Empire ranks to hand out a few players to platoons. DS is deep in toons, but not top heavy like LS. Giving away 2 Empire, 1 Sith, and 1 of some other faction won't be a problem. There are 15 Empire toons and each one of them is playable, so you could give away 3-4 Empire toons and still have 11-12 to make 2 full teams. The best thing with Empire is you have multiple viable leaders:

Thrawn, DK, DV, EP, Veers, and Gar with the counter attacks + heal would be good as well. Tarkin giving speed may be a TB option as well. The faster you can lock in the controlling debuffs the better.

I think the folks that worry about platoons for DS are worrying because they don't have many of them actual built so they can't sustain even 1 or 2 platoons. There's plenty enough DS characters, but people just don't have them built.
  • Options

FO event for BB8.
    Ns rework.

The platoons impact for DS I think is a bit overstated. Yes there are fewer DS, but even with 2 sets of platoons that's 192 total needed across 50 accounts. That amounts to less than 4 per player. With all the viable DS leads there will be plenty of flexibility in the Sith and Empire ranks to hand out a few players to platoons. DS is deep in toons, but not top heavy like LS. Giving away 2 Empire, 1 Sith, and 1 of some other faction won't be a problem. There are 15 Empire toons and each one of them is playable, so you could give away 3-4 Empire toons and still have 11-12 to make 2 full teams. The best thing with Empire is you have multiple viable leaders:

Thrawn, DK, DV, EP, Veers, and Gar with the counter attacks + heal would be good as well. Tarkin giving speed may be a TB option as well. The faster you can lock in the controlling debuffs the better.

I think the folks that worry about platoons for DS are worrying because they don't have many of them actual built so they can't sustain even 1 or 2 platoons. There's plenty enough DS characters, but people just don't have them built.

I'm more afraid as I said above - won't be empire centric. But with the Ns reworks it made me build up my weakest full factions seps and Ns :)
    Ururururururururururjrjrjr as the new lobot will be farmed after lobot and gam is the last toon I'm farming in guild. I'm excited. I hope it's done well and adds more fun and variety of teams to go against.