Thrawn arena team advice please

Prev1
AlexanderG
1928 posts Member
edited October 2017
Can I please call in the Brains Trust? For my arena squad I want to go full Empire but aren't sure about my 5th. Thrawn, ShoreT, StormT and Tarkin are definite. I was thinking Nihilus because of his dispel on basic and given that the squad is quite tanky, annihilate might come into play. Problem with this the squad looks like it's lacking a bit of punch until annihilate plus I lose some bonuses from StormT. So That leaves Vader and Palp - but he's super squishy and will get whacked by Luke or Raid Han.
Another option (albeit non-empire) is zKylo. He brings stun and heal block and hits hard. He would also fit with the protection regeneration that the team is based on.
Any thoughts or advice welcome!
Post edited by AlexanderG on

Replies

• Options
    I know it's a long farm but that team could use a kren or a dt.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DT is a must with that squad. He is 50% of the damage.
  • Options
    Death Trooper is the longer term plan.
    Any suggestions based on what I currently have?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Death Trooper is the longer term plan.
    Any suggestions based on what I currently have?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Until you have a Death trooper, i think Zkylo is a good idea. I am testing Death trooper on galactic war with all the rebel team and he is very powerful.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Palp g12 with health protection should be good.under crit immunity from shore. Also zeta on leader skill Thrawn will be helpfull for prot regeneration. But I think Palp can be also very good as a leader.
  • Options
    ^^ thanks. Yes, tempted to level Palps and give him a try.
    My guildies have suggested CLS but I'd really like to keep it DS and Empire if possible (but not at the cost of getting whacked around in the arena).
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, like everyone has idea that Cls should be everywhere, empire plus Cls Resistance plus Cls, Ewoks plus cls :)...Empire team is very strong team. Double tank with Thrawn lead plus duo death and krenic is amazing on offense. Rebels just cannot go thru tanks with their high dps. CLS most of the fight is fructared. Stealth from R2 is easy to dispell by death. Krenic is imune to crit. Storm is like a wall, can absorb everything. And protection recovery from Thrawn can give like 25-30k to shore. Plus daze/stun from death. Much harder is to fight with sith team than Rebels.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    My guildies have suggested CLS but I'd really like to keep it DS and Empire if possible (but not at the cost of getting whacked around in the arena).

The best Darkside team right now is Thrawn (L) / Deathtrooper / Shoretropper / Krennic / Stormtrooper. Krennic is a pain to farm, but is extremely viable considering he gives DT so much crit damage in the current meta. Only problem is he’s an incredibly long farm and needs to be G12 to work, but when he works he’s amazing. Tarkin is a great replacement in the meantime, but should be swapped out eventually. If you want, check out Boxandthefuzz’s videos on youtube, he wrecks rebels on auto.
  • Options
    Ugluk199 wrote: »

The best Darkside team right now is Thrawn (L) / Deathtrooper / Shoretropper / Krennic / Stormtrooper. Krennic is a pain to farm, but is extremely viable considering he gives DT so much crit damage in the current meta. Only problem is he’s an incredibly long farm and needs to be G12 to work, but when he works he’s amazing. Tarkin is a great replacement in the meantime, but should be swapped out eventually. If you want, check out Boxandthefuzz’s videos on youtube, he wrecks rebels on auto.

Also forgot to mention you’re going to need three zetas for this team as well. Double zeta thrawn, and Deathtrooper zeta is a must if you run Krennic
  • Options
    Get Krennic and DT for sure
  • Options
    i would drop tarkin for TFP, there isnt alot of damage in your team at the moment. TFP hits incredibly hard
  • Options
    i would drop tarkin for TFP, there isnt alot of damage in your team at the moment. TFP hits incredibly hard

Re: lack of damage agree, but won't TFP just get KO'd by Han or battered by CLS?
  • Options
    I wouldn’t run it until you have Death Trooper tbh. But If you can get palp to gear 12 (he gets a big increase in survivability from 11 to 12) he could do until you have DT
  • Options
    If you can zeta thrawns leadership, bb8 is crazy in that team as well
  • Options
    I would think zylo or nihilus would be at least serviceable as a stopgap until Deathtrooper is ready. Thrawn and Nihilus work well together because Thrawn can give Nihilus tm getting you to annihilate faster. If you have both zylo and Nihilus, wouldn't hurt to experiment with both and see which you prefer playing and which holds up better for you on defense.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Putnam wrote: »

Have you tried this yet? Any links to videos with this combo?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    How do you put a picture that’s saved in here?
  • Options
    I can explain it...

The extra special that thrawn gives makes it really easy for secret intel to be shared

Thrawn zeta lead makes sharing secret intel restore protection all over the place

As a result, bb8 gets Illuminated destiny very fast

His buffbomb is also a huge protection heal

And the potency bonus from Secret intel is huge for tarkin and DT
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I absolutely understand the theorycrafting behind it. I'm much more interested in a video that shows it in action, preferably against a meta team with a CLS lead, to observe just how viable it is in practice.
  • Options
    I could post it here but I don’t think you have the ability to post a picture on here without a link.

What’s your discord tag? I’ll send it to you
  • Options

Are kidding? That is the worst idea that l have ever seen on this thread
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Lol see above when I explained it, troll

• ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Lol see above when I explained it, troll

No, just NO, l have an Imperial Team since Palpatine was first released, l farmed my Darth Vader to 7* without the help of the Fleet Shop, and l have almost all of my Imperials at 7* and Gear 11 (Thrawn at Gear Xll), and l have zVader and zKrennic, l have the Chimaera as my Capital Ship and l got my TIE Advanced X1 FROM THE TOURNAMENT, you are not going to teach me how to improve an Empire Team, l am an expert on Imperial Teams, and having BB-8 on that team is a terrible idea, What is wrong with your brain?

[img][/img]neb7yx.jpg
  • Options
    lol. More trolling

Zader isn’t even in the team. Or krennic. You have death trooper bud?

The team is:

Thrawn lead (z), bb8, Death Trooper, shoretrooper, tarkin

And what do ships have to do with this???? You’re trying to prove your some sort of empire master???? Obviously you’re not cause this team is very good.

• Options
    Can I please call in the Brains Trust? For my arena squad I want to go full Empire but aren't sure about my 5th. Thrawn, ShoreT, StormT and Tarkin are definite. I was thinking Nihilus because of his dispel on basic and given that the squad is quite tanky, annihilate might come into play. Problem with this the squad looks like it's lacking a bit of punch until annihilate plus I lose some bonuses from StormT. So That leaves Vader and Palp - but he's super squishy and will get whacked by Luke or Raid Han.
    Another option (albeit non-empire) is zKylo. He brings stun and heal block and hits hard. He would also fit with the protection regeneration that the team is based on.
    Any thoughts or advice welcome!

Stick with Nihilus as your 5th. trust me. As someone who runs CLS meta currently, I've actually had a hard time against Thrawn lead with Tarkin, Shore, Storm and Nihilus. It is an insanely annoying team to play against. I use typically CLS, Zolo, Thrawn, R2, and GK. I can't keep up with all the taunts so it forces me to switch my team up OR just ignore that team cause I hate switching my team around.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lol. More trolling

The team is:

And what do ships have to do with this???? You’re trying to prove your some sort of empire master???? Obviously you’re not cause this team is very good.

Yeah whatever dude, nobody is going to put BB-8 on a Thrawn Squad, he will be obliterated on the first turn and has no synergy with lmperials so... whatever yeah BB-8 is God in an Imperial Team, Nobel Prize Idea! Horay!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    lol. More trolling

The team is:

Krennic is leaps and bounds better than BB8 on an Empire squad. Please don't contaminate that squad with Resistance scum.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    But he is soooo hard to farm.