IG88: droid, attacker...scoundrel?

IG88's a bounty hunter, why isn't he classified as a scoundrel?
Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’

Replies

• Options
    Because he isn't completely useless :p
  • Options
    I think because all droids are simply classed as droids regardless of other alignments. As far as I can see, the other droids in the game that are essentially soldiers of the Empire, for example, are not classed as Empire, they're just droids, so the same principle applies to '88.

It's like Han and Chewie being scoundrels when realistically, they're aligned with the Rebel Alliance or Resistance through much of the films. The developers decided to pick one category they felt was most suitable and stick with it.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think you can't have 2+ factions. Vader is Sith and Empire
  • Options
    True, a few characters have multiple factions, but they seem to have decided not to do that with droids.
  • Options
    I agree. IG-88 was the second best bounty hunter in the galaxy after Boba Fett and he is not a scoundrel. By those criteria, however, HK-47 could also be arguably classed as a scoundrel, too. Before long, all the droids, except for IG-100, can be justifiably classed as scoundrels, because they were the top assassins, killers, & bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe during their times. Even Anakin was afraid of the two IG-86's he found with Ahsoka in the Clone Wars.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    HK47 as Sith would be funny
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

CUP has no factions. He's listed only as support. Poor guy.
  • Options
    FYI, current version of Han is a rebel

I'm sure they will eventually bring out scoundrel Han, but for now he's rebel only

Putting any one version of a hero in multiple groups could easily break the game and makes beta testing that much more difficult

The only one I think exists right now is Vader, but seeing as there are no Sith leader bonuses, no super synergy exists

It'll be interesting when they bring a Jedi version of Luke out if he will be rebel and Jedi or just one

Would be nice to see a Jedi in another group other than just Jedi, and in my opinion he should be either just rebel or both as he was never really with any of the other Jedi as a faction, and his synergies should be with Han and Leia
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Why isn't Boba Fett classified as a clone?

Why does Ahsoka grant bonuses to Nightsisters?

Why are bounty hunters described as scoundrels when they have nothing in common with real scoundrels such as Lando?

Lack of effort, lack of research, lack of understanding of their own IP? Who knows. It just is what it is.....until it isn't.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

I bet they will eventually have a Republic faction. It would include Padme, her guard captain whose name I forget, chancellor Vallorum, one of the blue Chancellor guards (early version of emperor guards), a random generic pilot or trooper (or some named guy I can't remember). CUP would fit nicely with that faction
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

I bet they will eventually have a Republic faction. It would include Padme, her guard captain whose name I forget, chancellor Vallorum, one of the blue Chancellor guards (early version of emperor guards), a random generic pilot or trooper (or some named guy I can't remember). CUP would fit nicely with that faction

Agreed. I can see that being a pretty tough squad. Plus any squad with Natalie Portman has my vote.
  • Options
    Scoundrel should be taken out and there should be a bounty hunter classification, boba is a clone but he shouldn't have clone synergy so for those always saying he a clone it wouldn't make sense because he didn't even know he was a clone for awhile. Chewy on the other hand should have clone synergy seeing as it's clone wars era chewy that fought along side the clones. There's some other team synergies that need major fixing, like maul and savage need night sister synergy and certain other toons need to at least play off each other more to reflect their relationship better, like Ashoka and Anakin or Sid and Vader.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Drexnaw wrote: »
    Scoundrel should be taken out and there should be a bounty hunter classification, ...
    This.
    HK47 as Sith would be funny
    Peace is a lie, there are only meatbags.

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I think they should keep bounty hunters as scoundrels - scoundrels being a general underworld of characters in the galaxy. IG-88 is a known bounty hunter and should be classified as a scoundrel. IG-86 Sentinal Drois and IG-100 Magnaguard are both droid models and aren't a specific character so it's okay that they aren't classified as scoundrels. I would say HK-47 would definitely be a scoundrel.

If there was just a bounty hunter group there would be less opportunity for cool synergies. It's nice that bounty hunters, smugglers, gamblers, thugs, crime lords and the like are grouped together as scoundrels so that there can be lots of great squad combinations.

Boba Fett is technically a clone but not bred or trained the same as clone troopers.

Ashoka and Asajj worked together once in CW - I guess that's why she offers a boost to Nightsisters?

Ashoka also worked with Chewie in CW but doesn't give a boost to Wookiees - ha. Not sure why CW Chewie is considered a scoundrel at this point in time - we don't know too much about his story other than after the war he is enslaved and then saved by Han.

Lobot should be a scoundrel not a rebel. He should have synergies with Lando (scoundrel) and droids but not rebels.

ST Han - at the point in the movie he wasn't aligned with the rebels yet - he was definitely a scoundrel trying to get of the Death Star and collect a reward. But he did have to work well with Luke and Leia to make that happen so I'm okay with that I guess.

Rey wasn't officalky aligned with the resistance - but clearly she was a fan of the resistance. Maybe she officially joins them at the end of the movie - when she had the lightsaber? Hmm.
  • Options
    Some data mined descriptions you may find interesting.

CATEGORY_BOUNTYHUNTER_DESC|Bounty Hunter
    CATEGORY_CLONE_DESC|Clone
    CATEGORY_CLONETROOPER_DESC|Clone Trooper
    CATEGORY_DARKJEDI_DESC|Dark Jedi
    CATEGORY_EMPIRE_DESC|Empire
    CATEGORY_FIRSTORDER_DESC|First Order
    CATEGORY_GALACTICREPUBLIC_DESC|Galactic Republic
    CATEGORY_GEONOSIAN_DESC|Geonosian
    CATEGORY_GRANDARMYOFTHEREPUBLIC_DESC|Grand Army of the Republic
    CATEGORY_JEDI_DESC|Jedi
    CATEGORY_NIGHTSISTERS_DESC|Nightsister
    CATEGORY_ORDEROFTHESITHLORDS_DESC|Order of the Sith Lords
    CATEGORY_REBELS_DESC|Rebel
    CATEGORY_REPUBLIC_DESC|Republic
    CATEGORY_RESISTANCE_DESC|Resistance
    CATEGORY_ROLEATTACKER_DESC|Attacker
    CATEGORY_ROLEHEALER_DESC|Healer
    CATEGORY_ROLEHORDE_DESC|Horde
    CATEGORY_ROLESUPPORT_DESC|Support
    CATEGORY_ROLETANK_DESC|Tank
    CATEGORY_SCOUNDREL_DESC|Scoundrel
    CATEGORY_SEPARATISTS_DESC|Sepratist
    CATEGORY_SITH_DESC|Sith
    CATEGORY_SITHAPPRENTICE_DESC|Sith Apprentice
    CATEGORY_SITHMASTER_DESC|Sith Master
    CATEGORY_SITHSECRETAPPRENTICE_DESC|Sith Secret Apprentice
    CATEGORY_SPECIESDROID_DESC|Droid
    CATEGORY_SPECIESEWOK_DESC|Ewok
    CATEGORY_SPECIESHUMAN_DESC|Human
    CATEGORY_SPECIESJAWA_DESC|Jawa
    CATEGORY_SPECIESTUSKEN_DESC|Tusken
    CATEGORY_TRADEFEDERATION_DESC|Trade Federation
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    E.g. what is the difference between Galactic Republic and Republic?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Drexnaw wrote: »
    boba is a clone but he shouldn't have clone synergy so for those always saying he a clone it wouldn't make sense because he didn't even know he was a clone for awhile.

What??? Boba lived on Camino in the Clone Factory as a kid. Jango had no hesitation to talk to Obi Wan about the Clones in front of Boba. There is no way Boba didn't know he was a Clone.

• Options
    He should be scoundrel
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    E.g. what is the difference between Galactic Republic and Republic?
    Pre-OT vs post-OT? I think they referred to it as the Galactic Republic back in the Kotor days, but it's the New Republic in the books after E6.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.