Viable Epic Heroes

Switch no named pilots / bugs etc with named heroes. No names should have very specific support abilties to compliment the theme only.

My point is make the mains worth getting and make us want to pay/grind/earn them. I literally play with a no name bug, do you think I came her to play this or the names I have come to love in Star Wars? You get my point.

Replies

• Options
    Couldn't have said it better!

We play this cause it's Star Wars, there are thousands other games out there with imba meta teams. No thanks. I like lightsabers thank you very much.
  • Options
    100% agree with this!
  • Options
    These are all valid points but I have a different perspective:

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I don't mind playing the "no-name" characters at all - I think a lot of them look really cool and have sweet abilities.

Also, characters like Geonosian Soldier, FO Stormtrooper and Resistance Trooper work perfectly here. Yes they are just foot soldiers but who's to say these guys can't stand out from the rest? Any maxed out 7* Level 70 character obviously represents the cream-of-the-crop version of that character that has put in years of training to be that good.

From a "named hero" character perspective You could even think of Finn as a top-tier FO Stormtrooper (who actually didn't even have a name) who distinguished himself from others if you've seen the movie and/or read his backstory from the Journey to the Force Awakens book (I recomnend it!).

I've always played Star Wars table-top RPGs where you can create any character type you want and build them up to be OP as they level up.

Having "no-name" characters leaves more to our imagination than just using established characters from the movies and TV shows. I like the mixture of both.
  • Options
    But it is Also stupid for some random "no name" to one shot Darth maul for example. It wouldn't happen. So it's stupid they can do some much damage.
  • Options
    But it is Also stupid for some random "no name" to one shot Darth maul for example. It wouldn't happen. So it's stupid they can do some much damage.

I guess my point is that I think the idea of creating our own characters is fun. Yes GS can one-shot Darth Maul and that would have never happened in the movies. But would Darth Maul ever fight alongside with Poe in the movies? No - they lived in different eras and one is LS one is DS - that's crazy! But it's cool and fun in this setting. That's why I like this game.
  • Options
    I have no issue with generic characters but they should never outshine name characters just enhance their theme.

Thier role is support these characters should buff/debuff/control they are expendable and should be treated as such.
  • Options

I guess my point is that I think the idea of creating our own characters is fun. Yes GS can one-shot Darth Maul and that would have never happened in the movies. But would Darth Maul ever fight alongside with Poe in the movies? No - they lived in different eras and one is LS one is DS - that's crazy! But it's cool and fun in this setting. That's why I like this game.

I agree with this. No problems with the generic chars. On the other hand it would be really awesome if, at 7*, they had a small cosmetic change. Like JC getting white robes or GS getting a a big face scar and missing an eye. Like they are veterans. Also would cool if you could name your 7* generics. This is my 7* GS, Sgt. Splat!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    I see no problem when a random geonosian bug kills someone like Mace Windu or Darth Vader :P Or when random droids kill Jedi like Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, etc :P
  • Options
    If you want me to go for diversity, add some humor to the other options. Like TK421, the guard who wasn't at his post.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Who killed most of the Jedi via "Order 66"?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »
    If you want me to go for diversity, add some humor to the other options. Like TK421, the guard who wasn't at his post.

Oh god, that would be amazing. They really could do a lot of easter egg things like that in the game.