how important is the 7th *

have QGJ and GS at 6*

I understand gear is actually the most crucial for any toon.

but 100 shards means i can unlock something else to make my rooster bigger. ( though i may not immediately level up the extra toons )

Please share your thoughts.

Replies

• Options
    SWGOH Cantina can shed some light on statistics, multipliers and Star ratings. There you can make conscious, well calculated choices on what to work on.
  • Options
    Depends on the character and the setting. QGJ and GS would both benefit greatly from the 7th star since it gives them more power and health. Someone like poggle, it really only gives them more health as you just want his buff. The little extra power is nice, but not really needed. If you aren't in top contention for your arena rank and just want them for GW, then 6* is fine and the extra shards would be best used to get another character to 6*. But for at least top 20 (maybe more) the 7* is pretty much required on established servers. The difference between full 6* and full 7* is huge. It can mean the difference between 1 shotting a character or taking 2 shots. The extra turn can mean the difference between getting a heal off (either you or them) or not. So really, it's up to you and your situation.
  • Options
    Dashboard wrote: »
    SWGOH Cantina can shed some light on statistics, multipliers and Star ratings. There you can make conscious, well calculated choices on what to work on.

well thats not very helpful

I have a small roster now.

Which is why i am asking it is better to at least unlock more toons first. since 100 shards is still a week plus in cantina.

shipments would take about 10 days too....
  • Options
    No offense Speed but I think providing links to actual data (swgohcantina and swgohdb) is about the most helpful one could be. A lot of it comes down to what you would otherwise be doing with the resources and what teams you face.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Depends on the character and the setting. QGJ and GS would both benefit greatly from the 7th star since it gives them more power and health. Someone like poggle, it really only gives them more health as you just want his buff. The little extra power is nice, but not really needed. If you aren't in top contention for your arena rank and just want them for GW, then 6* is fine and the extra shards would be best used to get another character to 6*. But for at least top 20 (maybe more) the 7* is pretty much required on established servers. The difference between full 6* and full 7* is huge. It can mean the difference between 1 shotting a character or taking 2 shots. The extra turn can mean the difference between getting a heal off (either you or them) or not. So really, it's up to you and your situation.

Icic thank you
    Amalthea wrote: »
    No offense Speed but I think providing links to actual data (swgohcantina and swgohdb) is about the most helpful one could be. A lot of it comes down to what you would otherwise be doing with the resources and what teams you face.
    Dashboard wrote: »

I apologize for seeming ungrateful.

Data and player experience may vary.

I was hoping for more personal experience.
  • Options
    The Shard Shop isnt good btw
  • Options
    I honestly think there should be a bigger stat increase when going from 6* to 7*. The difference between a 6* and 7* is the same as a 5* and 6*, etc.
  • Options
    I honestly think there should be a bigger stat increase when going from 6* to 7*. The difference between a 6* and 7* is the same as a 5* and 6*, etc.

That's the way these games always do progression. At least the cost of going from 6* to 7* is only ~18% more than 5* to 6* (in some games it would be 2-3x).
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

That's the way these games always do progression. At least the cost of going from 6* to 7* is only ~18% more than 5* to 6* (in some games it would be 2-3x).

Ah, but the cost in credits is double. 500k to 1 mill.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    The 7th star is useful to stay alive a little longer like others have said and for some, a little extra power to their attacks can make a difference between a win and a loss BUT, that is only if all things are equal. Gear and ability levels can make a toon viable before you get that 6th or 7th star.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    I apologize for seeming ungrateful.

Data and player experience may vary.

I was hoping for more personal experience.
    I've found that the answers you get to any question on line will depend on how vague or specific the question is that you ask. The OP was a very vague question so giving a link to all the information on what a 7th star will do is the type of answer I'd expect.

Now that you've given more detail, it's easier to give more detailed answers.

It really depends on the character and where you are in the game and what you want to accomplish. If you find that there's a challenge you can't beat then it may be worth doing a bit of farming to take advantage of that challenge.

For cantina battles, JC's worth farming if he's still low stars for you. He'll be super helpful in GW. Mine is at 5 stars and holds his own for a while in GW. Same with Talia. I've found that I'm still using Luke for my attackers challenge (the level 70 one) and he's only level 50 and three stars.

For cantina shipments Daka is a super star. Just getting her to 4 stars can help a lot in DS, GW and challenges. I also have 5's and he's been pretty useful at 3 stars. Not only is he nice for the tank challenge, but he's good for all the challenges you can use him in because he can so reliably slow down the end boss.

I actually stopped my Sid at 6 stars to get ST Han up to 5 stars because I didn't want to put more work into Chewie (I wanted the turn meter mainpulation). Of course after I went back to Sid the whole Yoda thing happened so now I'm farming Eeth. Sid will be nice to have at 7 stars, but his health is OK, especially with his dodge and self heal and his damage is still good for the rank I'm at.

So the general answer is that, yes, sometimes it's worth putting off that 7th star to help expand your team. It depends on what you might be missing and who you're currently farming from each mode. You also have to know when to give up on a toon so you can keep a set of good, strong characters.

• Options
    The sixth star increases the agility,int, and star gained from levels by 17.5%

If you roughly say that half of power comes from gear and half from stars it's an 8% boost
  • Options
    Sid lumi are now 7*

GS will be tonight.

My jc is still 4* gear 8

QGJ is at 6* 5/100

POE is parked at 4* with almost maxed gear.

Lvl 63 atm

If I am free before arena rank reward. I am currently consistently ranked 2-5.

Rank 1 is a whale at 70 so I am unable to beat him. I however have no difficulty beating others who snipe him down.

I been clearing GW consistently and ranking well in arena. So I been able to get resources consistently.

SID is slowly losing his mileage with low potency and soso damage when he doesn't proc ignore armor.

I like sid mainly cos he is so fast and his dots keep rey in check and removes phasma advantage.

My roster will likely be lumi QGJ GS as the core.

I need to start to plan for lvl 70

who to replace my POE at lvl 70?

• Options
    Mittens wrote: »

My GS is now almost 7*

Lvl 63

so barris and dooku is not open for me yet.

As my earlier post.

I will need to farm up possible replacements

QGJ is 10/100 atm

My JC is still 4* so I suppose I can farm JC till I get access to dooku.

Been farming dooku n daka shards on the side with ls/DS missions.

Poggle is of cos always stable and good to have. So I am torn between getting phasma or poggle first unlocked and maxed first.

I do OK in top 10 of my arena.

Sid 7* (L)
    4* POE ( squad cantina shipments are competitive)
    7* Lumi
    6* GS ( almost 7* )
    QGJ 6* (10/100)

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Eventually I need to replace poe n Sid. Should i?

Thank you

• Options
    NO. You must resist the 7th star, but I don't. Sid, Lum are plentiful. QGJ and Poe 6/6. GS is the only char in Cantina. So ... 7 star is for when you played a long time, and there is nothing else to do.
    6 star is fully functional end-game toon. 99%. 7th star is vanity
  • Options
    NO. You must resist the 7th star, but I don't. Sid, Lum are plentiful. QGJ and Poe 6/6. GS is the only char in Cantina. So ... 7 star is for when you played a long time, and there is nothing else to do.
    6 star is fully functional end-game toon. 99%. 7th star is vanity

Lumi sid are easy options.

GS is too.

Its POE 4* ( 0 ) and QGJ ( 6* 15/100)and Daka ( not unlocked yet ) being in shipments which is a problem.

Daka I am collecting from hard nodes but POE and QGJ does not have the option.

JC is being worked on 4* before Tuesday new character in cantina node.

Bulk of my other toons are 3-4*

Lvl 64 means I have no access to barriss (0) dooku ( unlocked from hard node farming ) farm yet.