Tie fighter pilot RNG

Looking for any input as to why my tie fighter pilot never dodges anything, 7 star ship and character, g11, all 5 dot mods. I know tie advanced will always hit, but mine seems to get hit by Fives and Slave I everytime as well, just bad RNG?

Replies

• Options
    AI Tie fighter pilot: 90% dodge chance
    Player controlled tie fighter pilot: 10-20% dodge chance

Thats about sums it up mate
  • Options
    yup, those ai bonuses are really disgusting. Even their ships with 2% dodge chance dodges atleast 4-5 times pr battle and keeps resisting alot of debuffs. It's so ridiculous
  • Options
    Try a Slave1 (2% Dodge) dodging 4 attacks in a row... It is ridiculous.
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."
  • Options
    Inb4 'confirmation bias' arguments come into play.

I've always sworn the AI gets a boost.

But today MY tfp dodged everything, and the AI's tfp didn't dodge kitten.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Yeah, that has happened to me on occasion, but feels a lot less than the other way around. Now that I run Thrawn Capital and not a light side capital anymore it doesn't bother me so much as I always win on offense now anyway, but when I ran Mace it was quite frustrating when it was making me lose so frequently. If the AI didn't dodge as much then things would be even more lopsided with people beating everyone on offense.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Yeah, that has happened to me on occasion, but feels a lot less than the other way around. Now that I run Thrawn Capital and not a light side capital anymore it doesn't bother me so much as I always win on offense now anyway, but when I ran Mace it was quite frustrating when it was making me lose so frequently. If the AI didn't dodge as much then things would be even more lopsided with people beating everyone on offense.

I'm exactly in this place now. Using Mace and Fortune Favours the Bold gets dodged A LOT. And not just by TF, that's a given. Slave1 dodges just as much. And other ships too. Basically you can't rely on it, and you should because is the bread and butter of that ship.
    One other thing is how Slave1 gets its bonus Ten and Pot. My Ashoka is stronger than Bobba yet the bonuses she adds to her ships are slim - Ten - and none - Pot. Same goes for Vader, if ship rarity is the factor. It just doesn't make sense.
    I love fleet battles - the crystal rewards is a perk too - but I just can't seem to find a working strategy due to un-reliable mechanics. The only reliable factor I can clearly see in my shard is use blunt force - throw a lot of money at EA and buy everything then get in a guild that can get you Gear 9-10-11.
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."