Drop rate doctoring AGAIN... :-l

Prev1
You guys think we don’t notice the drop rate doctoring to FURTHER induce panic farming and shard pack buys? 2 our of 45 tries? This happens EVERYTIME you are about to release something. I don’t mind set drop rates that are normal but still around 1 in 5 but one in 20+ is absurd. THIS was part of that hotfix no doubt because it was perfectly adequate before. Now I have a less chance at a cantina node NS shard than Jar Jar Binks winning the national spelling B. This is too much on the nose for us to act like it’s not happening.

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club! Take a seat. You brought your own homemade foil right?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club! Take a seat. You brought your own homemade foil right?

U are the wind beneath my wings
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Today I pulled an 8/10 farming Old Ben shards. The drop rates have been doctored and I won't stand for it! If they aren't lowered back to the 3/10 we all expect I'm quitting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options

arent you the company man

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I like how "actual experience" = company man.
  • Skynibbler
    109 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You're still farming Old Ben lol
    He's been there since the beginning and you're still working on him
  • Options
    Definitely doctored! I just got an Omega mat while farming Death Trooper from Cantina nodes. This makes the 5th Omega mat I've farmed from Cantina. (2 while farming Sith Trooper and 2 while farming Sith Assassin)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Skynibbler wrote: »

Yeah, you're right, I've been farming him for two years but I'm so bad at it I haven't finished yet.

What are you even talking about?
  • Options

Yeah, you're right, I've been farming him for two years but I'm so bad at it I haven't finished yet.

You've been farming him for 2 years ? Wow, thanks for sharing your actual experience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please keep it on topic.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Please keep it on topic.
    Is the topic concerns about drop rates or flaming op?

Seems like it's ok on this forum to gang up on someone, passionate about the game, who wants to voice criticism about the game.

Drop rates for cantina shards are probably around 30%. That's just a guess and won't be confirmed my the game makers. You may sim 10 times and get nothing . It's frustrating, but as the nice man said he reported he scored 80% drop on old Ben but has also been farming him for 2 years. Just keep trying and don't spend more money than you can afford to lose.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Dang it, I needed omega shards to match my zeta material completion, and dang doctoring pulled me 3/3 Omegas from the ability challenge today. Stupid doctoring.
  • Options

LOL
  • Options

arent you the company man

What do you mean by company man?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I can't believe I didn't say this earlier "never tell me the odds" r.i.p. Solo
  • Options

U are the wind beneath my wings

jared-leto-finger-gun.jpg
  • Options
    Ha ha
  • Options
    8 out of 10, 1 out of 36, very irrelevant as a sample size.
    So the real question is 'drop rates as an average for the entire player base fair'
    Guess what the majority of said player base think.
  • Options
    Never sim more than 2 or 3 nodes at a time. Trust me, this will increase your drop rates significantly.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    The suspense is killing me you have to tell me what does the majority of the player base think?
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The suspense is killing me you have to tell me what does the majority of the player base think?

You can unlock a chance to the answer in my lootboxes
    $4.99 gets you 1 box
    $9.99 gets you 5 boxes
    $29.99 gets you 15 boxes Most popular!
    $49.99 gets you 25 boxes
    $99.99 gets you 50 boxes
  • Options
    I guess I will never get the answer the suspense killed me
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I guess I will never get the answer the suspense killed me

I can rezz you for $99.99? Max 10 purchases a day.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You've been farming him for 2 years ? Wow, thanks for sharing your actual experience.

I know we've been asked to keep it on-topic, so I just want to explain myself.

The original point I was making (which is on-topic) was that RNG is RNG and you can't just say the devs have lowered drop rates because you've struggled over the past few days or weeks or whatever. Sample size is too small. I made my point by making a sarcastic comment about my Ben shard drop rate (which was a true story, by the way).

My second point (and sorry it's off-topic but again just want to explain myself) was that I just recently decided to farm Old Ben. We all make choices in this game (that's what it's about) and I chose not to farm Old Ben when CLS came out because I knew I wouldn't have time and didn't want to spend resources to panic farm. So the comment about me just starting now "lol" sounded like a weird and irrelevant cheap shot and I responded again with sarcasm.

Apologies for taking things off-topic.
  • Options
    So many answers from the nitwits who never do the math to see it’s cheaper to farm the node than pay $70 for 30 shards. This has happened numerous times right before an event drop, surprisingly enough, right after some “hotfix”. You doubt panic farming exists as a market model for the developers? What better way to induce it than to lower it on select nodes such as the case I mentioned. I didn’t say all nodes and all character shards or ability materials but reading seems to be a lacking skill by the trolls. Sure it’s fun to troll, but when you loose sight of the actual point being made RIGHT AWAY, it makes you look lazier than anything else. You deny it happened with CHS?
  • Options
    Never sim more than 2 or 3 nodes at a time. Trust me, this will increase your drop rates significantly.

I did exactly that and even down to 1 at a time. I’ve played for years and this is beyond the worst RNG I’ve seen by far. I’m in an alliance of hundreds of players, we compare notes. I’m not the only one who sees this. Always... after some hotfix for something I never even heard of being an issue too.
  • Options

I did exactly that and even down to 1 at a time. I’ve played for years and this is beyond the worst RNG I’ve seen by far. I’m in an alliance of hundreds of players, we compare notes. I’m not the only one who sees this. Always... after some hotfix for something I never even heard of being an issue too.

I've actually been having really good drop rates lately. The only exception is Sith Trooper. All the resistance folks I am farming have been pouring out shards. It definately is all about luck.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    again folks, please figure out what I’m talking about here. NOT ALL NODES OR SHARDS... only SPECIFIC NS NODES. Don’t be a hooked on phonics dropout and miss that very important point. Other nodes are fine for the most part, but we need NS and anyone who believes it’s not a business model to induce panic farming and pack buys is outside of their mind. I’m pointing out what I’ve experienced which is par for the course for many many folks in my alliance of hundreds.