Hey Vader is not so good.

BobaPhat
52 posts Member
edited October 2017
Are we ever going to get a rework of the most iconic character in Star Wars universe? Or is he going to suck forever now?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    He doesn't suck but he has limited utility. Still good for Rancor though there are better choices and good for HAAT though again there are better choices. He is decent in GW and good in DS nodes. He is not good in Arena at present though his ship is excellent in Ship Arena.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    WUT? His ship is even worse. makes no sense
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    He doesn't suck but he has limited utility. Still good for Rancor though there are better choices and good for HAAT though again there are better choices. He is decent in GW and good in DS nodes. He is not good in Arena at present though his ship is excellent in Ship Arena.

You pretty much named why he sucks dude. The ANH rework and CLS(a half trainee quitter of a Jedi who got schooled by Vader) just broke him entirely. He’s Darth freaking Vader. He should be viable threat in all phases of the game and no one should have to defend his uselessness with “he’s still
    Ok in Pit”. No one is using him anywhere else except as a sacrifice squad on tougher GW nodes. How is Thrawn (as awesome as he is) more powerful than the Dark lord of the Sith?
  • Options
    Make him be a direct counter to cls
  • Options
    HB0MBZ wrote: »

Exactly. CLS went meta overnight. We don’t even have a Jedi Luke yet, what’s he gonna be like? One man squad? Vader needs a major comeback. He needs to be the answer to the whole ANH rework
  • Options
    BobaPhat wrote: »
    HB0MBZ wrote: »

Exactly. CLS went meta overnight. We don’t even have a Jedi Luke yet, what’s he gonna be like? One man squad? Vader needs a major comeback. He needs to be the answer to the whole ANH rework

But no we get nightsisters. Obscure characters from a short story arc out of a cartoon
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    WUT? His ship is even worse. makes no sense

Huh? His ship is incredible!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Are we ever going to get a rework of the most iconic character in Star Wars universe? Or is he going to suck forever now?
    until Luke takes off his breathing machine to put him out of his misery
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    #MakeVaderGreatAgain
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vader is on the weak sauce side of the spectrum for sure. The best solution I think is to update him with a switchable kit similar to cls. He could still have all is normal skills, but an option to switch to the "You don't know the power of the darkside" abilities. That would make more change than a whole new Vader skin toon.
  • Options
    I think Vader should be one of those characters that you see in arena or GW and just be like F*ck!!! I don’t wanna face that guy! Kinda like all those dudes in Rogue One, when that breathing hit and that red saber lit up those guys needed to be wearing their brown pants. It was pure terror in that P-way. That’s how Vader should be feared in this game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Wait... You're saying the character you get for free from achievements and with Fleet shipments should be stronger than the character you can only get from a rare event that requires four moderately hard farms (two from the same source) and a legendary character all at 7*?

Okay, cool.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Wait... You're saying the character you get for free from achievements and with Fleet shipments should be stronger than the character you can only get from a rare event that requires four moderately hard farms (two from the same source) and a legendary character all at 7*?

Okay, cool.

Bruh. It's Vader. Darth. Freaking. Vader.
  • Options

Okay, cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUsz-3MEkI
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Okay, cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUsz-3MEkI

Exactly!
  • Options

Okay, cool.

Yes. Simply because he is Darth Vader
  • Options
    Vader is on the weak sauce side of the spectrum for sure. The best solution I think is to update him with a switchable kit similar to cls. He could still have all is normal skills, but an option to switch to the "You don't know the power of the darkside" abilities. That would make more change than a whole new Vader skin toon.

Agreed sir.
  • Options
    I think Vader should be one of those characters that you see in arena or GW and just be like F*ck!!! I don’t wanna face that guy! Kinda like all those dudes in Rogue One, when that breathing hit and that red saber lit up those guys needed to be wearing their brown pants. It was pure terror in that P-way. That’s how Vader should be feared in this game.

My feelings exactly
  • Options

Okay, cool.

Just remove his shards from shard shop fleet store etc entirely and go back to achievements as the only way of collecting his shards. It may not matter to those who have him at 7* already but why shouldn’t new players get one of the best toons in the game as a reward for working so hard
  • Options

Okay, cool.

Just remove his shards from shard shop fleet store etc entirely and go back to achievements as the only way of collecting his shards. It may not matter to those who have him at 7* already but why shouldn’t new players get one of the best toons in the game as a reward for working so hard

I’m very glad players don’t design games.
  • Options
    This thread perfectly illustrates what’s wrong with most feedback. It’s not real feedback. It’s people hoping to get something for nothing.

Like, look, if Vader is your favorite character and you want him to be broken, sure, fine, whatever. There are plenty of broken characters that get added into the game. But that’s the thing—they get added to the game, they don’t get reworked into the game.

You don’t want Vader to be great, you want your Vader to be great. This guy up here saying we should go a step further and make Vader broken AND make it hard for new players to get him... The “I got mine, now you don’t get yours” attitude is just the worst...
  • Options
    This thread perfectly illustrates what’s wrong with most feedback. It’s not real feedback. It’s people hoping to get something for nothing.

Like, look, if Vader is your favorite character and you want him to be broken, sure, fine, whatever. There are plenty of broken characters that get added into the game. But that’s the thing—they get added to the game, they don’t get reworked into the game.

You don’t want Vader to be great, you want your Vader to be great. This guy up here saying we should go a step further and make Vader broken AND make it hard for new players to get him... The “I got mine, now you don’t get yours” attitude is just the worst...

Vader is my favorite character. My point is Vader in comparison to other toons ( especially the recent ANH rebel reworks) should be equivalent in power and strength that they are in movies, games, shows books etc. For the instance the new Raid Han and Leia reworks just brought them out of obscurity and back into arena with huge success. So much so that you can’t get past rank 50 without running into a squad that doesn’t have one of them. Or CLS for that matter. I like the new reworks, I do but where’s the love for Vader, Palp, tfp etc? The reworks and addition of new meta toons have nerfed Vader. I want Vader better because he’s Darth Vader! He schooled Luke in Empire movie. Fought with one hand behind his back practically. In this game a squad with Luke, Raid Han, Leia and R2 would destroy a Vader squad that 6 months ago would have been different. With so many reworks happening lately ( ANH, Boba, the Ewoks etc. where is the OG empire rework? Vader is no longer a contender. He’s practically worthless these days. The dark lord of the Sith deserves better. He deserves to be formidable again. CLS should lick his boots. The characters need to be evened out in power and skill to mirror the SW universe. I mean can choke out his commanders from a different ship entirely. He’s supposed to strike fear not mild concern. I’ll fight any squad in arena with Vader lead cause I know he’ll go down like a ton of bricks. And too me that’s pretty lame. Especially when compared to an Admiral in the emperors navy. Master strategist sure, but hand to hand combat against the likes of Vader, Yoda, Fett.... gimme a break!
  • Options

I got mine by working for him. I had to level, promote, gear and my toons to be strong enough to accomplish those achievements. As f2p player that wasn’t easy. So yea new players should have to do the same. Only now new players are being told to work on someone else cause Vader just isn’t worth it. Wouldn’t it be nice for new players to want to unlock Vader and work him and him be worth the effort? They’ve done it with other toons so why not one of the most iconic villains of all time?
  • Options
    As an "old" guy who group in the era of the original series, I wonder if if anyone behind the scenes of this game was alive when the original series came out. For more than a decade, Vader was the epitome of bada$$. It's a shame when two background characters (Wiggs) with 2 minutes of screen time are disproportionately powerful and the main antagonist like Vader is meh. Without Vader, the entire Star Wars franchise fails miserably at the box office and we're all wasting our time on some other dumb game.

As far as getting him free, until he started regularly showing in fleet store, he was a big time grind that pretty much took until level 85 to get to 7*.

Yes! This guy gets it!
  • Options
    Vader is so definitively and irrefutably underpowered it is absolutely insane. He was called a GALACTIC TERROR... He didn’t kiss his sister, get his butt kicked by wildlife, use a tauntaun as a sleeping bag, or cry in mud in a swamp ALL BEFORE getting his tail whooped and his hand chopped off. How OP CLS is compared to the strength of Vader is insanity. EP died only because Vader betrayed him anyway, and yet EP is also a pushover in comparison to the sister kisser. How about before new characters, they bring others who by the lore of the entire point of this game are amazing, up to par. Won’t happen though, we will just get more Rebels and probably a porg and gungan event who will end up being able to solo the entire HAAT.
  • Options

Yeah he SUCKS, even at gear 12, and his ship sucks too (his Special LAME it is Always resisted), the only way that CG could give some justice to Lord Vader, is by making him a Rebel if he is a Rebel he will get 100+ Offense, +100 Tenacity, +50 Crit Chance and Crit Damage and Triple Counterattack each time he is damaged and revives when killed
  • Options
    Current vader is "Darth Vader"
    the Vader you want will be a new Vader tagged "Lord Vader" which possibly you will gain the Shards from a Dark Side TB. or another Heroic event may need CLS requirement.
  • Options

Have you ever seen a SW Movie? Or you just play smart the whole day in this forum? Nobody is asking for a "Broken" Vader, as the main (yeah l have said MAIN) character of SW (merchandising, pop icon, a real bada$$) he deserves some justice (he is on the loading screen and in the icon of the game Lol), the game makes him look like a wimp, the lore of SW has told us that he is the Chosen One, he is the man, the one and only, Can you dig it? Are you blind or something? It seems like you hate Vader, as you don't want to recognize his bada$$ery. The strongest icon of SW doesnt deserve to be viable or stronger, but a fool with an orange pajama could one shot any non-Tank character and Han can counter with his blaster for 35K dmg... but that is OK in your mind